• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onlive Relaunch Thread | Cloud Power 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enectic

Banned
Yay! It seems they now re-enabled the center button functionality. Now you can access the Steam menu when you're playing a CloudLift game by pressing the center button on your controller. This is great as now you can chat with your Steam friends and also take screenshots (something I hope the Xbox One adds in a future update). Just make sure to upload them to the Steam Cloud if you want to keep them otherwise they will be removed after you exit the game. All of the following screenshots were taken on my TV using the OnLive Game Console. It feels a bit weird seeing the Steam interface on my TV but it's a welcome addition!

6C4A4A8CDD4A83EB95FE14687D2555CDCA594DAC

8A5671198525A0CF39C7245E1F494162F361AB89

3F00191BE56A83CAEF431A36FEE0182E93660104

A20CBE6C1D86A2206029C33D9EBC2E75E7222A2E

401D1B56CD1116751CBD1BD729833BA8B56BB3F9

Enectic

Banned
LATEST POST UPDATES:
1A. NEW RELEASES (11 APR 2014): Five New Games Launched on CloudLift
2A. NEWS (11 APR 2014): CloudLift Subscription Price Reduced (Current Subscribers also get a Free Month)
2A. NEWS (11 APR 2014): PlayPack Subscription Price (Very) Slightly Reduced
2A. NEWS (11 APR 2014): Saints Row IV 50% Off
3A. COMMUNITY EVENTS (11 APR 2014): Come Play Saints Row IV (Scheduled for Next Week) for a Chance at Several Prizes!

The price drop on CloudLift is EXTREMELY welcome. I thought $14.99 was a bit high; $7.95 is a much better price point.

For the record the new CloudLift titles are:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate
Lego The Hobbit
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Shadow Warrior

Interestingly, four out of five of those are WB games. They seem to be throwing their support behind OnLive quite a bit, I wonder if they're a major stakeholder in their business.

Enectic

Banned
For the record the new CloudLift titles are:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate
Lego The Hobbit
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Shadow Warrior

Interestingly, four out of five of those are WB games. They seem to be throwing their support behind OnLive quite a bit, I wonder if they're a major stakeholder in their business.

They were one of the first publishers signed on with the original OnLive and also invested in the company. I'm glad they decided to stick around even with what happened to the first iteration of OnLive.

man, I forgot all about this. I didnt mess with it much because it had a bit of input lag with my connection at the time. I wonder how it is now that I got a much fast connection now. 50mbps.

Enectic

Banned
man, I forgot all about this. I didnt mess with it much because it had a bit of input lag with my connection at the time. I wonder how it is now that I got a much fast connection now. 50mbps.

Definitely try it out! Much has changed though so make sure you read up on the new offerings. I wouldn't be surprised if you found the experience much better this go around. They recently upgraded many of their datacenters and even opened up a few new ones for better coverage!

LATEST POST UPDATES:
1A. NEW RELEASES (11 APR 2014): Five New Games Launched on CloudLift
2A. NEWS (11 APR 2014): CloudLift Subscription Price Reduced (Current Subscribers also get a Free Month)
2A. NEWS (11 APR 2014): Saints Row IV 50% Off
3A. COMMUNITY EVENTS (11 APR 2014): Come Play Saints Row IV (Scheduled for Next Week) for a Chance at Several Prizes!

The price drop on CloudLift is EXTREMELY welcome. I thought $14.99 was a bit high; $7.95 is a much better price point.

I'm glad they listened to reason and dropped the Cloudlift sub price. All they need now is to drastically increase their selection. WB games seems to love OnLive. However, they need Ubsisoft, EA, Bethesda, and Activision before I would give it a look again. I used to use OnLive 1.0 extensively and beta tested it years ago. I have a gaming desktop and gaming laptop so my need for the service has greatly reduced.

Enectic

Banned
I'm glad they listened to reason and dropped the Cloudlift sub price. All they need now is to drastically increase their selection. WB games seems to love OnLive. However, they need Ubsisoft, EA, Bethesda, and Activision before I would give it a look again. I used to use OnLive 1.0 extensively and beta tested it years ago. I have a gaming desktop and gaming laptop so my need for the service has greatly reduced.

I would love to see those companies on OnLive. Ubisoft used to be fairly good at supporting the service but they've been absent since the fallout of the original company. Hopefully OnLive courts them back and brings those others along with them! I also just realized that the PlayPack subscription price dropped 4 cents ($9.95 now vice $9.99). Not much but I'll take it!

Enectic

Banned
Heh, this is one reason why I love OnLive. I found someone selling Shadow Warrior for $7 on CAG. Bought it from him, added it to my account and am instantly able to play on my TV/PC/Tablet, stream and record gameplay, etc without having to download anything nor do any additional setup. I don't think I'll ever actually download it but it's always nice to have the option. I just wish I could do this with all Steam games. Let's get to expanding that library OnLive!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought my first gaming PC because these new consoles are shit. I have less reason to use OnLive now but I did enjoy its beginning stages. And I do like keeping updated about it. It's just not something I'm as excited about these days, though

Enectic

Banned
I bought my first gaming PC because these new consoles are shit. I have less reason to use OnLive now but I did enjoy its beginning stages. And I do like keeping updated about it. It's just not something I'm as excited about these days, though

That's completely understandable!

I'm having a lot of fun with Shadow Warrior. Running the game at max everything does seem to cause some noticeable slowdown so I had to dial back the AA and the "Mirrors" option. Anyway, here are a few screenshots!

A8A4451BD085AB0AD91A1DB375B91D8517845A2F

61D536D2AE4B07D2D50FCA7AABD9524DB6C3147E

82D91C09CE2040EAA1146E438A4B29C6D59BD454

1E700AC43DFC2337940672C928287A876011595B

967BB0865A39BA68E78E08978588ADC171752416

E0014AD80CCA0150BD5913EAD0426DA97D4AF4AA

887290D818103A28BE4A88E3C3438F7FE874043F

Enectic

Banned
GMG is having a big sale on several WB titles! Here's a voucher to save 20 percent off your purchase: 9NXY7B-749QGZ-QIM2NG. If I remember correctly this voucher ends at 4 PM UTC today (April 14th). I don't see it advertised on their site anymore (only a 10 percent voucher) but it still worked when I made my purchase about 20 minutes ago.

EDIT: I'm getting reports that the 20 percent voucher might not be working anymore. Try this one also: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK. If neither work then you can still save 10 percent using this voucher: 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N.

Remember, it doesn't matter where you get your games from to play them on OnLive, just as long as they're on your Steam account and available on the CloudLift service! All DLC added to your Steam copy will also show up in your CloudLift copy.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition: $12.49

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition: $9.99

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: $4.99

Batman Arkham Origins: $9.99

Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass: $4.99

Batman Game of the Year Pack: $12.49 (both Batman GOTY games also available for reduced prices)

LEGO Lord of the Rings: $7.49

Scribblenauts Unlimited: $4.99

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition: $7.49

Picked up Blackgate, Origins season pass, Injustice, LEGO Lord of the Rings, and Scribblenauts. Good to know I won't have to spend any time downloading these!

Enectic

Banned
The Humble Store is also throwing a Nordic sale (click HERE) and have several games on sale that are CloudLift compatible. Between the GMG sale and this one you can get about half of the current CloudLift library!

Red Faction Armageddon: $3.99

Darksiders II: $7.49

Painkiller Hell and Damnation: $4.99

The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe: $6.24

The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief Digital Deluxe: $7.49

Majukun

so,the ability to play your steam games with the onlive system is under subscription?

does at least work good?what are the requirements in terms of connection speed?

i have a couple of games in my steam account that i can't run with my old pc

Enectic

Banned
so,the ability to play your steam games with the onlive system is under subscription?

does at least work good?what are the requirements in terms of connection speed?

i have a couple of games in my steam account that i can't run with my old pc

Yes, OnLive as well now only sells Steam keys for their games. The CloudLift service allows you to play CloudLift compatible games that you have on your Steam account through OnLive's servers for $7.95 a month. Keep in mind this is ONLY available for CloudLift compatible games (the current list of 25 games is in the OP). It works great! You have full access to all features of the game (multiplayer, DLC, video settings, etc) while playing your Steam game on CloudLift and saves are synced with the Steam Cloud whenever you exit so you won't lose progress between your local and Cloud copy. You even have access to the Steam overlay when playing your Steam games through CloudLift so you can keep in contact with your Steam friends and use some of Steam's nifty features (like the screenshot feature). Performance has been great and I've been able to max out every game (except for Shadow Warrior) with the FPS staying around 60. OnLive claims it works with as little as 2Mbps but that's for the lowest quality stream. To get optimal performance I really suggest at least a 5Mbps connection. There's a 7 day free trial you can try so you can test it for yourself.

Majukun

Yes, OnLive as well now only sells Steam keys for their games. The CloudLift service allows you to play CloudLift compatible games that you have on your Steam account through OnLive's servers for $7.95 a month. Keep in mind this is ONLY available for CloudLift compatible games (the current list of 25 games is in the OP). It works great! You have full access to all features of the game (multiplayer, DLC, video settings, etc) while playing your Steam game on CloudLift and saves are synced with the Steam Cloud whenever you exit so you won't lose progress between your local and Cloud copy. You even have access to the Steam overlay when playing your Steam games through CloudLift so you can keep in contact with your Steam friends and use some of Steam's nifty features (like the screenshot feature). Performance has been great and I've been able to max out every game (except for Shadow Warrior) with the FPS staying around 60. OnLive claims it works with as little as 2Mbps but that's for the lowest quality stream. To get optimal performance I really suggest at least a 5Mbps connection. There's a 7 day free trial you can try so you can test it for yourself.
i have around 4Mbps if i remember correctly...

after the 7 day trial, it's the system set on auto-renewal like many other "try for X days" offerings,or I can try it and after 7 days it will end and that's it?
I ask because the only game i have in the list is batman,so i don't really need a full month subscription right now until they put more game avaiable in the service.

the playpack thing seems also interesting,but i can seem to find the price in GBP,since i'm from Italy i believe i'll have to pay with that currency

Enectic

Banned
i have around 4Mbps if i remember correctly...

after the 7 day trial, it's the system set on auto-renewal like many other "try for X days" offerings,or I can try it and after 7 days it will end and that's it?
I ask because the only game i have in the list is batman,so i don't really need a full month subscription right now until they put more game avaiable in the service.

the playpack thing seems also interesting,but i can seem to find the price in GBP,since i'm from Italy i believe i'll have to pay with that currency

Hmmmm, according to the OnLive site it will auto renew:

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration for your 7-day Trial
Note: You will be automatically charged at the end of your 7-day Trial for the next month of OnLive CloudLift. Please cancel your OnLive CloudLift subscription prior to that date if you do not wish to subscribe.

The PlayPack is 9.99 US Dollars which is 5.95 GBP. Definitely trial one of the PlayPack titles (you can do that without signing up for the service) to see how it runs on your connection. Keep in mind that PlayPack titles do not run on Steam and are purely run through OnLive.

EDIT: I see you're from Italy. I'm not sure if OnLive is supported there yet. As far as I know the only places OnLive has officially launched is the US and the UK.

If you want to just try it out, make an account and you can demo games for 30 minutes before subscribing. At least, that's how it worked in 1.0 land.

naw man, I'll pass. This is pretty much gone for good in my opinion. Even with my 50mbps, the input lag is still really bad.

I would move the analog to look over, and in about 1-2 seconds the camera would move. I've tried three games, homefront, borderlands one, and just cause.

I don't see how this works for anyone else. Internet is too unreliable for this to work. I have no idea how Sony's game streaming service is going to work if this is not able to.

Enectic

Banned
naw man, I'll pass. This is pretty much gone for good in my opinion. Even with my 50mbps, the input lag is still really bad.

I would move the analog to look over, and in about 1-2 seconds the camera would move. I've tried three games, homefront, borderlands one, and just cause.

I don't see how this works for anyone else. Internet is too unreliable for this to work. I have no idea how Sony's game streaming service is going to work if this is not able to.

That's unfortunate. I'm sorry the experience wasn't optimal for you. Of course being that it is streamed there is definitely some variation in a person's individual experience. I personally have over 1,100 hours of game time on OnLive (according to the hours played timer on my account) and very rarely did it get to a point where I considered it unplayable. I currently have 55 Mbps now but even back when I had 8 Mbps it ran great for me. Speed is not necessarily the most important aspect of an individual's experience (as long as you have over 5 Mbps it should run fine). What's far more important is the quality of your connection to their data centers.

That's unfortunate. I'm sorry the experience wasn't optimal for you. Of course being that it is streamed there is definitely some variation in a person's individual experience. I personally have over 1,100 hours of game time on OnLive (according to the hours played timer on my account) and very rarely did it get to a point where I considered it unplayable. I currently have 55 Mbps now but even back when I had 8 Mbps it ran great for me. Speed is not necessarily the most important aspect of an individual's experience (as long as you have over 5 Mbps it should run fine). What's far more important is the quality of your connection to their data centers.

yea, I got fucking comcast……….man, I can't AIT till Google bring their fiber network here to Florida. I'm so sick of comcast BS right now. But it's the only thing I can get besides Dish's satellite internet…………….HELL TO THE NO on that.

Majukun

Tried the witcher 2 demo...while the frame rate was good enough,the input lag was really noticeable,especially when trying to move the camera with the mouse.i'll try more games later

Enectic

Banned
Steam also has a couple of CloudLift compatible titles for sale; Saints Row IV (cheaper than OnLive) and LEGO Lord of the Rings (cheaper than GMG). OnLive is holding many community events centered around Saints Row IV later this week and you're eligible to participate regardless where you get it from!

Games from Steam
Saints Row IV: $13.59

LEGO The Lord of the Rings: $4.99

Enectic

Banned
Just a few more screenshots. Not bad for a 4 year old device (OnLive Game Console) I got for free!

Mortal Kombat
B19544E24413A876C4DAAA9BA934EA2B282D759E

949C14465BFB56CD6BAA40995D65B75BCC0F7A61

534C98E99730BF7CC419E17BF92BADEA888FC4BF

Batman Arkham Origins
I just started New Game Plus!
4D71C206C3AE597D752E8D8F3D06162618FF57BF

D1574FDFEDCAFFAFDEFB506531C1DD6B149F6338

54C8C512FABE8142F2D76B33500E34166377AC18

Saints Row IV
Haha, loved this retro level!
D2B8597E4012264DFB17E6655E6790DC83B1C3BA

1F137A51BFBD2BE7DADBEF6F9DD2BBBD86BFE239

LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Forgot to turn on AA so the screens are a little jagged.
59D9CCBDEEED38A24F3657D79DB0F6337AB316E2

CDF24F3080D6464FB2F71CFAC29D5724087C0F6E

CE997B8E78B4232A94B699862AFAE10D652FB4FB

AF843DFA8A8DF5C31487D76EEC7F9694B398DB26

C8B53AC2EA179CEAEB968C7B81BD9D3492D4A01C

K' Dash

I have to say that taking into account shitty connection and the fact that I'm from Costa Rica, it looked really good, not as good as the screenshots posted here, but looked good and it was playable.

I can only hope that some day, I just buy the game I want and start playing immediately.

Enectic

Banned
I have to say that taking into account shitty connection and the fact that I'm from Costa Rica, it looked really good, not as good as the screenshots posted here, but looked good and it was playable.

I can only hope that some day, I just buy the game I want and start playing immediately.

Great to hear! These images were taken using the Steam overlay while using CloudLift and uploaded to the Steam Cloud. With that in mind (since they were taken on the local machine) the actual picture I was seeing was a little less sharp than what is shown in my screenshots; still extremely close to what is presented here though! There are a couple of things you can change to make sure you're receiving the clearest picture and best graphical quality though. First of all (if your connection can handle it) you can force the client to use the highest quality stream. The client automatically defaults to "Automatic" where it switches your stream quality dynamically but you can set it to stay anywhere from a 3 Mbps stream to a 12 Mbps stream. Obviously the more bandwidth you use the better your picture quality will be. This can be found here:

1. Start the client and cancel the sign in process if you chose to automatically sign in.
2. Click the "Advanced Settings" option at the bottom of the client as shown in the screenshot below.
jVukeDVWlP9Pw.jpg

3. Use the arrows to change the "BANDWIDTH" setting in the client.
jOUKQdZxQHm2.jpg

Another thing you can do is to push those graphics settings up! This will only work on titles that run through Steam (currently only titles in the CloudLift service) as all other titles block the video settings menu. I've been able to max every CloudLift title (16x AA, 16x AF, Ultra texture quality, etc) EXCEPT for Shadow Warrior. Completely maxing the settings on that title causes noticeable slowdown so I had to dial back a few of the settings.

Enectic

Banned
LATEST POST UPDATES:
1A. NEW RELEASES (24 APR 2014): Three New Games Launched on CloudLift
2A. NEWS (24 APR 2014) Painkiller: Hell & Damnation 4-day Sale: 75% Off, $5
2A. NEWS (24 APR 2014) Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition — Permanent Price Drop to $19.99

Enectic

Banned
Some screens of the new Origins DLC (Cold, Cold Heart) running on CloudLift:
782073EDA5C1F93131C5DB8ED601AF9A922C5EC0

31D0120390B101E5411EE24F4FF85309275A81EB

D4FD142E7307686D6DB088256D3A35B785BF4879

CBF0F3445C85B92483A938B2EA955277315DB97E

1AB4FC0EAC0665B066D5E7D3416545048366E2A5

And some more screens of GRID 2 on CloudLift:
DA25C6D5A56509F45C7885C1A5B45711EB787EAF

1750FCADDE4FC2AECCB05352C238F611E22C6774

731A189E2A44AC04C68A87C6A174C538CBC9223E

6AC3988A55A74D25D5118FCA1AB8B44101E3BBAC

3CA18E5E11FD37142930C7F594EE3C10894FB8AC

B4AC638676008E2C265BCB20E1234E6AA56CE807

625E1051E5ECD16A88A733D0BD20B8E4803948A5

F5646EE4027438B3E9A953B5D90D9FF3D05A0DAF

Enectic

Banned
Apparently GRID 2 has a benchmark utility. Here are the results with the Ultra preset at 4x MSAA:
570F2D960E1BA1105ECA133E2B0B54C2960289FF

Lol, minimum FPS 66.64. No doubt there's some powerful hardware running at OnLive. They really need a game what will showcase it.

Enectic

Banned
These actually launched last Friday but I've been pretty bogged down so didn't get around to posting them until now.

1A. NEW RELEASES
REMEMBER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY CLOUDLIFT GAMES FROM ONLIVE TO PLAY THEM ON THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THESE GAMES ON STEAM THEN SIMPLY SUBSCRIBE TO THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

WRC4XXX_StillImage_384_216.jpg

Title: WRC 4
Genre: Racing
Play modes: Single Player, Online Multiplayer
Service Tier: CloudLift
Control options: KB/Mouse

F12013X_StillImage_384_216.jpg

Title: F1 2013
Control options: KB/Mouse, Gamepad

LUFTRAUSERS_StillImage_384_216.jpg

Title: LUFTRAUSERS
Genre: Top-Down Shooter
Play modes: Single Player

Enectic

Banned
LATEST POST UPDATES:
1A. NEW RELEASES (07 MAY 2014): Two New Games Launched on CloudLift
2A. NEWS (07 MAY 2014) War Thunder Comes to OnLive
2A. NEWS (07 MAY 2014) James Alan Cook (Previously from Gaikai) Joins OnLive as General Counsel
2A. NEWS (07 MAY 2014) The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief — SALE 5/8 - 5/11 $6.25
2A. NEWS (07 MAY 2014) Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition — Permanent Price Drop to $29.99
2A. NEWS (07 MAY 2014) Batman: Arkham Origins — Permanent Price Drop to $29.99

1A. NEW RELEASES
REMEMBER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY CLOUDLIFT GAMES FROM ONLIVE TO PLAY THEM ON THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THESE GAMES ON STEAM THEN SIMPLY SUBSCRIBE TO THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

jJPITAislxsQD.jpg

Title: War Thunder
Genre: MMO
Play modes: Online Multiplayer
Control options: KB/Mouse, Controller

jcHQLbF8jAdU9.jpg

Title: MXGP

2A. NEWS
War Thunder Comes to OnLive
warthun_stillimage_768_432.jpg

CloudLift makes it easy for you to pick up where you left off when you’re away from your home rig – giving you the convenience to access and play your
games on tablets, laptops and Macs. And now, with the addition of Gaijin Entertainment’s free-to-play MMO War Thunder, we’re blasting open even
more possibilities for CloudLift subscribers!

If you’re one of the 5+ million gamers already playing War Thunder, you now have the freedom to rain destruction from the skies on whatever computer or
Android tablet is on hand—dropping into the action instantly without needing to re-download the client or worry about the minimum requirements of the
device you’re using.

Read the full blog post HERE.

James Alan Cook (Previously from Gaikai) Joins OnLive as General Counsel
OnLive, the leader in on-demand cloud gaming and cloud computing, announced the appointment of veteran Silicon Valley executive and legal
guru, James Alan Cook, as General Counsel and SVP, Business & Legal Affairs. An attorney and executive in the interactive entertainment and computer
industries for more than 30 years, Jamie brings extensive experience in cloud computing, interactive gaming, intellectual property and next-gen
transactional matters.

The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief — SALE 5/8 - 5/11 $6.25
jREn54JrdfJEL.jpg

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition — Permanent Price Drop to $29.99
j414VFClbQH2a.jpg

Batman: Arkham Origins — Permanent Price Drop to $29.99
jZ40Xhj4RO4rN.jpg

Enectic

Banned
LATEST POST UPDATES:
1A. NEW RELEASES (14 MAY 2014): Three New Games Launched on CloudLift
2A. NEWS (14 MAY 2014) Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition Comes to OnLive: Get it Now at 50% Off
2A. NEWS (14 MAY 2014) Darksiders II — SALE 5/14 - 5/18 $7.50

1A. NEW RELEASES
REMEMBER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY CLOUDLIFT GAMES FROM ONLIVE TO PLAY THEM ON THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THESE GAMES ON STEAM THEN
SIMPLY SUBSCRIBE TO THE CLOUDLIFT SERVICE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

j6fDVUhyr6jg1.jpg

Title: Metro Last Light Complete Edition
Genre: FPS
Play modes: Single Player

jbpXN8fEBEH2NU.jpg

Title: Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition
Genre: Strategy

jEG3EntBuc1SU.jpg

Title: Warlock 2: The Exiled - Great Mage Edition
Genre: Strategy

2A. NEWS
Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition Comes to OnLive: Get it Now at 50% Off
jiAF1hAehM8Wj.jpg

Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition explores the world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Grand Strategy.
The experiences of true exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.
Need more reason to own this 87-rated Metacritic game? How about 50% Off?!

Darksiders II — SALE 5/14 - 5/18 $7.50
jb14S3MzLzFoAu.jpg

Enectic

Banned
I know many here are not big on streaming gaming but I personally think CloudLift is an amazing idea and service. Consider this...even after 5 years of continuous, non-stop service you will have spent only $477 on CloudLift (plus I'm sure OnLive will be offering more promotions in the future regarding CloudLift). You don't have to worry about upgrading, downloading, running out of storage space, paying additionally for online multiplayer, or hardware breaking. Your entire library is immediately accessible with a quick log-in no matter how large it grows plus there's the benefit of awesome Steam prices from various vendors (like how Metro Last Light Complete was $8.99 last week at Humble Bundle). You can instantly switch between the home console experience (via the OnLive Gaming System), the mobile experience (via the Android client), or the PC gaming experience (via the PC/Mac Client). When "next-gen" comes around you're already set and all your previously bought titles are still playable. If you decide CloudLift isn't for you and end your subscription then you don't lose anything as your titles are still available locally on your Steam account. At their current rate of 2 - 3 titles per week (maybe this will pick-up) OnLive should hit anywhere between 98 - 128 titles by the end of the year. Sure that's only a fraction of Steam's entire catalog but that's impressive for a "new" platform that will have been in the market for 9 months and only costs $7.95 to get started!

I wouldn't call myself "big" on game streaming, but I have a Shield right now and am on the other side of the planet from my gaming PC. Being able to play my Steam games remotely is definitely a great idea, though I do think it has limited use cases. When I return to Australia, I won't have any use for OnLive but I'm enjoying it right now.

Enectic

Banned
Some screenshots of Last Light. I've played this on my 360 but it runs so much faster (loading and FPS) and looks so much better on OnLive:

AFBCFB26DC8D55961B7A547A1C2E8906171750DF

142038D908BF1E6155E72E5FEED53179929B07F5

33E6F3F4DF122E7F6FE0C0910818ED82FDAB6182

8B64E95CEE6639135D904C9F4B1B8E5535F7BEB1

138E6235FF5A8DDC010B2B0FFF7DEE5900B01D39

Caayn

Didn't knew that this still exists, completely forgot about it. You heard a lot about it when it first launched but after that it went dead silent.

Enectic

Banned
I wouldn't call myself "big" on game streaming, but I have a Shield right now and am on the other side of the planet from my gaming PC. Being able to play my Steam games remotely is definitely a great idea, though I do think it has limited use cases. When I return to Australia, I won't have any use for OnLive but I'm enjoying it right now.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service on your Shield! Do all the controls map correctly? I do agree about limited use as of right now though. Unfortunately OnLive is a fairly small company so global expansion might be slow.

Didn't knew that this still exists, completely forgot about it. You heard a lot about it when it first launched but after that it went dead silent.

Yes! Still around. They've had a few missteps since their original launch but recently relaunched the service. Much has changed and you now stream games that you have in your Steam library as long as they're CloudLift compatible.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service on your Shield! Do all the controls map correctly? I do agree about limited use as of right now though. Unfortunately OnLive is a fairly small company so global expansion might be slow.

There's no dedicated Select button, so on the rare occasion that a game actually requires that you use the Select button I plug a 360 controller in a press it there. It's a little bit ghetto to be honest, but support told me that because they don't yet officially support the Shield they can't map the hardware back button on it to Select (which is what Nvidia do on their cloud-streaming service).

Enectic

Banned
There's no dedicated Select button, so on the rare occasion that a game actually requires that you use the Select button I plug a 360 controller in a press it there. It's a little bit ghetto to be honest, but support told me that because they don't yet officially support the Shield they can't map the hardware back button on it to Select (which is what Nvidia do on their cloud-streaming service).

Nice! A minor annoyance but doesn't sound too bad. I've been enjoying Last Light immensely. With everything turned up it looks and runs better than many of the games I've played on my One and PS4!

Huh... I got Borderlands 1 via OnLive back when they were tossing out $1 game coupons like crazy... I might go back and try messing with it again at some point. I did manage to beat the whole game using it back in the day.

Enectic

Banned
Huh... I got Borderlands 1 via OnLive back when they were tossing out $1 game coupons like crazy... I might go back and try messing with it again at some point. I did manage to beat the whole game using it back in the day.

Haha, that's taking it waaaaay back. Your past purchases are safe so anything you bought on the old OnLive will still be there. Definitely read up on the new CloudLift service though as PlayPasses are now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom