• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe the surprise is Xbox One runs at 900p as well. :p He's a professional in the gaming industry who posts in a community filled with hardcore gamers in the known, expecting the PS4 to be MUCH, MUCH, better than Xbox One. It wouldn't be a surprise to the community if it was. The only surprise would be basically similar resolution and detail (with Xbox One maybe falling behind in the detail department slightly) or Xbox One being superior (unlikely).

Quick! Someone give me more straws! :p

Didn't DICE already say they were aiming for the same resolution on both platforms? At this point I'm expecting 900p on both consoles. And then we can have the always fun forced parity discussion.

kikonawa

what if Xbone looks better then the ps4 version?

filepicker%2FVLhdKYnbSqM3pcdxFyPe_if_you_know_what_i_mean.jpg

SP footage will ALWAYS look better than MP footage.
We won't be able to fully say which one looks better until we have SP & MP direct feed footage from BOTH systems.

Raist

Banned
SP vs MP? Heh.

Wouldn't surprise me if BF4's res (regardless of platforms) is lower for MP considering the 64p thing.

Unless Jack is one of the lucky few to be oblivious to the spec war that's been going on over the past 5 months there shouldn't be any surprises.

def sim

This is probably more boring than he says. I'm guessing the PS4 will have the higher resolution and so the better image quality. Assets and effects could be the same.

It's too bad the comparison is between campaign and multiplayer.

IN&OUT

Banned
Do us all a favor and grow the fuck up.

Seriously, I feel sorry for some of you just getting pumped and start speculating for the 19847663 time to finally get crushed . it happened in NFSR thread, Ryse, COD, NBA14K and now BF thread. X1 will never ever output a single multiplat that perform better than PS4 NEVER*. Specs are laid down 4 months ago, we have discussed this to death. it's just impossible.

* unless devs intentionally force parity or f**ck up PS4 version

UNCMark

Banned
Seriously, I feel sorry for some of you just getting pumped and start speculating for the 19847663 time to finally get crushed . it happened in NFSR thread, Ryse, COD, NBA14K and now BF thread. X1 will never ever output a single multiplat that perform better than PS4 NEVER*. Specs are laid down 4 months ago, we have discussed this to death. it's just impossible.

* unless devs intentionally force parity or f**ck up PS4 version

You're what's wrong with most gaming forums. Hopefully you're not going to be a part of this one for long. Just pathetic.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So true..
Mp vs sp how lame. Why no mp footage from xbone ver? Very strange

I think we've already figured this out

MP PS4 vs. SP XBONE will look very comparable. People will be surprised because they will probably look very similar.

Thus, SP PS4 vs. SP XBONE and one (PS4) definitely looks better than the other one (XBONE)

This shit needs to end. MS needs to stop dancing around the subject, man up that their games will be slightly lower IQ, and move on. NES, Genesis, PS2, Wii... all successful systems that weren't the biggest and best IQ of the gen. Get over it already and just show us games without this BS manipulation.

tkalamba

Then why does his tweet say "And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage"?

Sorry, missed that part. I was under the impression he isn't so much doing a side by side comparison but showing different streams.

rekathon

Banned
Wouldn't it be amazing if the xbox one version turned out to be better? Given the talk that BF4 on PS4 is 1080p elsewhere its not going to happen but it would just be fun to see the response on the GAF.

That would be the most entertaining thread I ever seen if that happens. Neogaf servers will go down. Lol

UNCMark

Banned
They've not been hiding the Xbox One version. It's playable on the Xbox tour. Does anyone know what resolution the demo is running at?

New002

Did the definition of confirmed change recently?

Seems like it.

I'm definitely curious to see how this all develops, but I do agree with UNCMark that it would be disigenous to compare the single player footage on one system to the multiplayer footage of another.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have several hours of PS4 multiplayer and the full single player campaign on Xbox One recorded.

what is this? Honestly.

Why would you have multiplayer for one console and single player for another.

Krakn3Dfx

Comparing/showing the multiplayer of one to the single player of another makes no sense.

Given what we know in this situation, it makes total sense actually. DICE wants to sell a boatload of copies on both systems, if they show the XB1 version being noticeably worse than the PS4 version in the same area of gameplay, it's not good for DICE XB1 sales, and it's not good for EA's partnership with MS.

In less than a month all will be revealed.

IN&OUT

Banned
You're what's wrong with most gaming forums. Hopefully you're not going to be a part of this one for long. Just pathetic.

just take my advice and keep away from comparisons threads, or start emphasizing how much you like TV and services starting now.

sportz103

Killzone: SF Singleplayer: 1080p 30fps
Killzone: SF Multiplayer: 1080p 60fps
Therefore, games in MP mode should look twice as good (60/30=2)

Therefore the PS4 MP footage needs to look TWICE as good as the XB1 SP footage in order for PS4 to show it has the better-looking port. If the margin is smaller than that, XB1 wins.

It's just simple math guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom