• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Intro to Fountain Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera O

Banned
I was using noodlers ink for awhile but they really like to fill up their bottles and I ended up ruining one of my favourite at-home shirts :(. Not as good but I'm just going with parker's quink for now.

I haven't ruined any clothing but I know what you mean. Noodler's the only ink bottle I've had this problem with. The paper/foam lid liner never stays stuck to the lid either, so it's a pain. I transfer the Noodler's into empty Pelikan because of this and I don't use the bulletproof.

Fountain pens themselves are probably not suited for exams though. First, I'm not used to them and second I don't think you can write really quickly with them. And time is of essence during an exam.

I think I write more quickly with fountain pens than ballpoints because I don't have to press as hard. I don't get the same kind of hand fatigue as with ballpoints, but that's kind of an individual thing, and pens like the Pilot hi-tecpoints would have similar benefits without the commitment or maintenance.

Cerity is right, you'd have to prep the pen before bringing it into an exam if you haven't used it in a while. If you use a converter that sucks ink up through the nib, just filling it would be sufficient for the usual ink types.

Anyway here is my pen nerd photo. I shall never buy another pen again.

zGfkYvU.jpg

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!

I put a little sticker/piece of paper in each Plumix so I I know what it's holding. For just $7, it's no big deal to have a few around. I'd like at least one more in red.

Sorry for the image quality. They're all darker than they appear here. I will say that writing on Moleskine paper and a Cambridge notepad, both of which are scratchy, has gummed up my pens a bit. The Safari needs to be cleaned up - the blue/black is about perfect - better than plain blue. It just did not reproduce well with the flash. I still love that pen(fine nib is PERFECT)!

The Pilot color pack is great! The colors are very nice, very vibrant!

The Pilot lettering pen (fluorescent green body) is great, too. I got the #10 tip. It's thin top-to-bottom, and wide left to right. You can get all sorts of lines by holding it at different angles. It 's like one of those micra pens, only with a line, instead of a point, for a tip. Even at the smallest size, you'll get more out of it with a larger font.

The Pentel Tradio (which accepts Energel ink) has long been a favorite rollerball for me.

[I'm really sorry - I'm basically delirious with lack of sleep. This has taken 15 minutes to write. More (coherent) thoughts later!]

MR4001

The collection (in use):

XKwRvul.jpg

Not the best photography, I know - sorry. As you can see there's no standard when it comes to measuring nib widths! It goes without saying that all the inks are much more vibrant when viewed with the naked eye - something like Sailor Jentle Ink Grenade will catch the light and shimmer (the broader and wetter the nib the better).

Jesus! - I just did a quick tot up of what'd it cost to buy the above new... Crazy.

Cryolemon

I had to use a fountain pen for a couple of years at secondary school (we were eventually allowed to use gel pens, but I dislike them, so used either a fountain pen or a pencil). I do like using fountain pens, but I've never bothered with an expensive one, the one I have cost about £5 from WH Smith lol.

MR4001

The humble - yet rather well-designed - Parker Vector saw me through secondary school. The English-made Jotters and Vectors were amazing value for money, built to last. It is such a shame Parker has been ruined.

Sera O

Banned
The collection (in use):

XKwRvul.jpg

Not the best photography, I know - sorry. As you can see there's no standard when it comes to measuring nib widths! It goes without saying that all the inks are much more vibrant when viewed with the naked eye - something like Sailor Jentle Ink Grenade will catch the light and shimmer (the broader and wetter the nib the better).

Jesus! - I just did a quick tot up of what'd it cost to buy the above new... Crazy.

Great colours! Diamine soft mint is really nice and I haven't seen that one before. I have some Sailor Epinard that I like but getting sick of and that Apricot looks great.

I'm waiting for some Iroshizuku inks to arrive. It's pretty pricey, but if they flow well in pilot fines and clean up easy that's a big selling point for me. I only discovered a few days ago that there's a Canadian pen shop, Wonderpens, that sells ink samples. I used to be sad I couldn't get samples from Goulet due to prohibitive shipping fees. Too late now, haha!

MR4001

Great colours! Diamine soft mint is really nice and I haven't seen that one before. I have some Sailor Epinard that I like but getting sick of and that Apricot looks great.

I'm waiting for some Iroshizuku inks to arrive. It's pretty pricey, but if they flow well in pilot fines and clean up easy that's a big selling point for me. I only discovered a few days ago that there's a Canadian pen shop, Wonderpens, that sells ink samples. I used to be sad I couldn't get samples from Goulet due to prohibitive shipping fees. Too late now, haha!

I love writing with Apricot. I much prefer lighter inks - I find my handwriting - for some reason - looks better in them.

Sadly, no company in Britain offers an ink sample service; hence, I've several bottles of ink I've only filled from once or twice - including a number of Iroshizukus... I think I might lug them all to the local charity shop, or something.

Sera O

Banned
I love writing with Apricot. I much prefer lighter inks - I find my handwriting - for some reason - looks better in them.

Sadly, no company in Britain offers an ink sample service; hence, I've several bottles of ink I've only filled from once or twice - including a number of Iroshizukus... I think I might lug them all to the local charity shop, or something.

I wish ink samples were more accessible (especially Iroshizuku because - ouch at the price tag). Ink swaps are a cool idea, but it seems most who do it are in the states, so shipping isn't worth it. More colours in smaller volumes is ideal, I think.

I need to try some lighter colours. I end up with inks that seem more like different shades of black than the shades on swab cards. Must be from using F pens. The effect can be pretty cool when using a water pen for ink wash, when it finally pops and turns out it wasn't just black after all.

MR4001

So, I flush my Capless of Take-sumi, making sure to do a thorough job, and then I fill it with Fuyu-gaki... Huh? That's strange... I again flush my Capless, again making sure to do a thorough job, and then again I fill it with Fuyu-gaki...

wnC49No.jpg

Not very persimmon-like, eh?

Seems the finicky feed of the Capless and the potent Take-sumi have come together to create a rather funky bronze-like colour. Different! I wonder how long it'll last...

It is a good thread, I'm more of pencil/ballpoint/micron pleeb but this got me looking at ink receipes the other day and next spring there will be many ingredients to play with. I want to make a fountain pen, or a quill and inkwell.

Air

Banned
I loved inking with fountain pens when I drew more traditionally. They feel amazing and seeing the ink flowing is great. I also like your little ritual OP of drawing out notes and tweeting them.

I think I'm gonna buy a fountain pen for myself for Christmas.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Where's a good (cheap) place to buy pens in the UK? If it's not a mainstream shop like WHSmiths or Staples then it'll have to be online.

Sera O

Banned
Seems the finicky feed of the Capless and the potent Take-sumi have come together to create a rather funky bronze-like colour. Different! I wonder how long it'll last...

That bronze isn't bad! (Fuyu gaki is better but hey, experimentation's fun).

I have some really weak ammonia solution that seems to help with residue or dried ink when water isn't quite enough, but if the capless = vanishing point, getting water through that feed can be tough...

I'm freezing my butt off today and using my sample of diamine meadow in the hopes of getting a spring vibe going. It's not working all that well, but the ink is really great.

Acrylic7

I went by office Depot when this thread first started and they had 2 crappy looking fountain pens in the entire store. I'm pretty sure that wasn't normal, I guess my Office Depot is just crappy. I'm going to try Staples next, if I can find one.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Thanks for this thread, Bagels!

Had a Montblanc Meisterstuck I was foolish enough to regift away before I really got into writing. Going to start again with a cheapish Plumix (love the line variation).

Sera O

Banned
I went by office Depot when this thread first started and they had 2 crappy looking fountain pens in the entire store. I'm pretty sure that wasn't normal, I guess my Office Depot is just crappy. I'm going to try Staples next, if I can find one.

Staples has ship to store if that helps (at least they do in Canada). If you want anything other than the disposables, which are the only ones I've seen in office supply places, you may want to look online. If you have an art/drafting supply place, they might carry something - but the selection will probably be pretty thin.

Are you looking for the disposable ones, or more for a starter refillable type?

MR4001

That's beautiful!

Thank you!

Where's a good (cheap) place to buy pens in the UK? If it's not a mainstream shop like WHSmiths or Staples then it'll have to be online.

Cult Pens - www.cultpens.com - and The Writing Desk - www.thewritingdesk.co.uk - come thoroughly recommended. Shops on the high street - WHSmith, Ryman, John Lewis - have only a very limited selection - and the online companies have them beat when it comes to customer service, too.

That bronze isn't bad! (Fuyu gaki is better but hey, experimentation's fun).

I have some really weak ammonia solution that seems to help with residue or dried ink when water isn't quite enough, but if the capless = vanishing point, getting water through that feed can be tough...

I'm freezing my butt off today and using my sample of diamine meadow in the hopes of getting a spring vibe going. It's not working all that well, but the ink is really great.

Yep, what I know as the Capless is what you know as the Vanishing Point. The nib and feed are so dinky! I only use water for cleaning, I don't like the idea of using chemicals - I know I'd cock something up if I used them! Thankfully my bottle of Fuyu-gaki wasn't tainted by the Take-sumi - phew!

Tomorrow - on the subject of joyous inks - I will have some J Herbin Diabolo Menthe delivered. I will post photos.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Settled on getting a Lamy Safari after doing some research. Wanted something that will last, is refillable, and comfortable to write with without being too fancy. Very excited!

Acrylic7

Staples has ship to store if that helps (at least they do in Canada). If you want anything other than the disposables, which are the only ones I've seen in office supply places, you may want to look online. If you have an art/drafting supply place, they might carry something - but the selection will probably be pretty thin.

Are you looking for the disposable ones, or more for a starter refillable type?

Hmm, I honestly have not though about which ones I want. I'm just going to find some decent looking ones.

Sera O

Banned
Yep, what I know as the Capless is what you know as the Vanishing Point. The nib and feed are so dinky! I only use water for cleaning, I don't like the idea of using chemicals - I know I'd cock something up if I used them! Thankfully my bottle of Fuyu-gaki wasn't tainted by the Take-sumi - phew!

Tomorrow - on the subject of joyous inks - I will have some J Herbin Diabolo Menthe delivered. I will post photos.

I hear you on the worry - I have used the ammonia solution at like 1/2 the recommended strength for dry ink or staining. I always flush it out like crazy afterwards though; it makes me paranoid.

I used to have a pen problem (I swear the TWSBI mini is the last one, for real this time) and now I have an ink problem. I'm looking forward to seeing what you got. I'm only recently branching out from dark inks. I'm enjoying the Diamine Meadow, so I think I'm going to get bright ones from now on. Interestingly, I used to care about water resistance, but now that I've got this water pen, it's kind of nice to have ink that will move around in a wash. Meadow for instance will just completely migrate on the paper. The noodler's turquoise, not so much. I got a bit of Sailor Apricot too, but it was not getting along with my pen (though I really like the colour).

Settled on getting a Lamy Safari after doing some research. Wanted something that will last, is refillable, and comfortable to write with without being too fancy. Very excited!

The safari is a really solid pen and should last ages, hope you enjoy it!

Hmm, I honestly have not though about which ones I want. I'm just going to find some decent looking ones.

I wish you luck! Where I live I'd be lucky to find anything in a brick and mortar store. I don't mind buying online, but I've been to mom and pop pen shops when traveling where you can try pens out before buying - it's awesome.

Have gotten my first fountain pen, the Visionaire from kickstarter, a few days ago, and while I love writing with it, it is causing me some trouble. Whenever I start writing, no ink comes out. If I doodle in the side of the paper to get the ink running, it usually writes beatifully, but occasionally vertical lines (like the top of a T) will also fail. I don't know whether my technique is wrong, the nib might be flawed or I just need different ink (using the cartridge that it came with). Any ideas for a fountain newb ? :)

Going through the thread I came across this, sounds similar to my problem
Bagels said:
-some pens run very dry. You can see some skipping on the first stroke in some of my writing samples. My Levenger pen goes between pouring ink everywhere, and then drying up in the middle of a letter. It drives me nuts.

Anything to be done about that?

Just going to say, I already hold most pens weirdly, so fountain pens are in fact MORE comfortable and FORCE you to write in such a way that your handwriting ends up 10x better

Sera O

Banned
Have gotten my first fountain pen, the Visionaire from kickstarter, a few days ago, and while I love writing with it, it is causing me some trouble. Whenever I start writing, no ink comes out. If I doodle in the side of the paper to get the ink running, it usually writes beatifully, but occasionally vertical lines (like the top of a T) will also fail. I don't know whether my technique is wrong, the nib might be flawed or I just need different ink (using the cartridge that it came with). Any ideas for a fountain newb ? :)

Going through the thread I came across this, sounds similar to my problem

Anything to be done about that?

It may just be a dry writer, but before coming to that conclusion and ending up with ink-tongue, you can try some stuff to see if it's an easy problem. This is called "hard start" and these things might help:

Residue/Oil left from Manufacture: Oil causes issues with ink flow. It can be fixed by flushing the pen out well before loading it up. There is video on Goulet pens on how to do this - just google. You can use plain water (or a really weak ammonia solution followed by lots of water). Basically the idea is to fill/empty the converter repeatedly, pulling water through the feed of the pen to clean it.

Poor Cap Seal: The ink could be drying in the nib even when capped. Blow through the cap to see if lots of air escapes. You might be able to improve the situation with silicone grease or something, if that's the problem.

Debris impeding flow: you can use a thin brass sheet to floss between the nib tines - there is probably video on Goulet pens on how to do this safely.

If all else fails, you can try different inks. They vary in wetness/flow and how fast they dry. Maybe switching to a different one will improve the situation.

exarkun

What an amazing thread. Thank you for this OP, its one of those rare really cool threads.

Hope to get through the rest of it when I get home!

MR4001

http://i.imgur.com/lrp3j1q.jpg

That's really rather nice. :)

For those of you who have the TWBSI Diamond 580, is it well built and worth buying?

The Diamond 580 is a fine pen and it's remarkable value for money, but, to put it one way, it's a track car of a pen. The Diamond 580 is an enthusiast's pen: when you buy it you know that it could very well need some tweaking. When I bought mine I had TWD test it and tweak it before it was shipped. A number of people have had parts on the Diamond 580 fail and have had to turn to TWSBI - who are known to have very good customer service - for replacements, and so on.

Simply put, I wouldn't recommend a Diamond 580 as a first pen; I would recommend it if you're very familiar with fountain pens and have a retailer to buy from who will test and adjust the pen before dispatch.

Oh - and don't ever post it! :|

Now, to Diabolo Menthe. First a rather poor photo:

Drm2oOn.jpg

Sorry!

It's a very light blue with a touch of green. In a broader nib the green would come to the fore a little more, I think. If you were to really water down Diamine Soft Mint you'd get a similiar colour. It's not quite what I was expecting, but I still like it. Probably not the best colour to write a long letter with, but good enough for notes and stuff like cards. Like all J Herbin ink it is a thin ink, a quality that, I must admit, I do like - as I've posted before, I do like lighter inks. I'm trying to think of something I can compare the colour to... it's kinda like the colour a housewife in 1950s America would have her crockery in... Ha!

Emwitus

We were forced to use fountain pens for my first 8 years of school.they were so messy.so many Memories of pumping ink into those things with our mouths lol

It may just be a dry writer, but before coming to that conclusion and ending up with ink-tongue, you can try some stuff to see if it's an easy problem. This is called "hard start" and these things might help:

Residue/Oil left from Manufacture: Oil causes issues with ink flow. It can be fixed by flushing the pen out well before loading it up. There is video on Goulet pens on how to do this - just google. You can use plain water (or a really weak ammonia solution followed by lots of water). Basically the idea is to fill/empty the converter repeatedly, pulling water through the feed of the pen to clean it.

Poor Cap Seal: The ink could be drying in the nib even when capped. Blow through the cap to see if lots of air escapes. You might be able to improve the situation with silicone grease or something, if that's the problem.

Debris impeding flow: you can use a thin brass sheet to floss between the nib tines - there is probably video on Goulet pens on how to do this safely.

If all else fails, you can try different inks. They vary in wetness/flow and how fast they dry. Maybe switching to a different one will improve the situation.

I'll try flushing the pen or other inks, thanks for the tips :)

We were forced to use fountain pens for my first 8 years of school.they were so messy.so many Memories of pumping ink into those things with our mouths lol

What the- how do- what!? :)

Sera O

Banned
Now, to Diabolo Menthe. First a rather poor photo:

Sorry!

It's a very light blue with a touch of green. In a broader nib the green would come to the fore a little more, I think. If you were to really water down Diamine Soft Mint you'd get a similiar colour. It's not quite what I was expecting, but I still like it. Probably not the best colour to write a long letter with, but good enough for notes and stuff like cards. Like all J Herbin ink it is a thin ink, a quality that, I must admit, I do like - as I've posted before, I do like lighter inks. I'm trying to think of something I can compare the colour to... it's kinda like the colour a housewife in 1950s America would have her crockery in... Ha!

That does have a 50's kitchen appliance feel to it - pretty, but I think it would be too light for me (my vision is kind of weak to begin with). I rarely load a pen with something I can't take notes in. I thought I'd try soft mint, but the store I can get samples from doesn't stock that colour at all. Sadface.

And now for something from my amazing array of ink colours (that all look like black), I was practicing with my parallel pen and finally got Noodler's Nightshade to look. . . kind of like a lighter purplish off-black. It looks super goth on this iffy note paper! Maybe I should just start adding a bit of water to it in my other pens.

hobart

That does have a 50's kitchen appliance feel to it - pretty, but I think it would be too light for me (my vision is kind of weak to begin with). I rarely load a pen with something I can't take notes in. I thought I'd try soft mint, but the store I can get samples from doesn't stock that colour at all. Sadface.

And now for something from my amazing array of ink colours (that all look like black), I was practicing with my parallel pen and finally got Noodler's Nightshade to look. . . kind of like a lighter purplish off-black. It looks super goth on this iffy note paper! Maybe I should just start adding a bit of water to it in my other pens.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but -- really nice shading on that black. Beautifully done.

StMeph

This is something I've always had a tremendous interest in, because it seems like a very fun hobby, but I can't think of many things that I hand write now, except the very occasional card or note.

So rather than asking what you're writing with, what do most of you write?

MR4001

[...] I thought I'd try soft mint, but the store I can get samples from doesn't stock that colour at all. Sadface.

I could send you a small bottle of Soft Mint, one of Diamine's plastic 30 ml ones to be exact (see below). It, and postage (basic air mail), would only be like a fiver. There'd be no custom duties, or whatever, 'cause it'd be a gift. I'll trade you it for one of those fancy two dollar coins...?

cfQigwI.jpg

Not counting notes and doodles, mainly letters. I want to keep a diary, too, but, at the moment, I'm bad at writing regular entries. At least I keep my notes in order, so I kinda have a record of what I've been up to.

Sera O

Banned
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but -- really nice shading on that black. Beautifully done.

Thanks!

I have a few friends who I write letters to now that they've moved away. I also take pen and paper notes in meetings as I retain things better that way, and I draw every now and then.

When I was in university, I had so little self-discipline that I had to write essays in notebooks or get stuck playing bejeweled for hours. I still find the old-fashioned way is more productive for me. If I'm on PC it's only a matter of time before I get sucked into random internet or Steam.

I could send you a small bottle of Soft Mint, one of Diamine's plastic 30 ml ones to be exact (see below). It, and postage (basic air mail), would only be like a fiver. There'd be no custom duties, or whatever, 'cause it'd be a gift. I'll trade you it for one of those fancy two dollar coins...?

Oh wow, really? :O That's such a nice offer! If it isn't too much trouble, that would be fantastic (and I'd be happy to paypal the funds for it, and mail you a toonie :)). I'll send you a pm.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Has anyone tried a Pilot Parallel pen? I own the 2.4mm nib, but I have not gotten around to trying it.

This video review really sold me on finally trying it out for real. I'd like to get into calligraphy, and this seems like a really useful tool for fancy schmancy writing (look at some of the things he writes in the video!). I might pick up a wider nib for larger lettering.

I'm home for thanksgiving, and I've had some family members try out the Pilot Plumix pens I have. I turned them all into faithful Jetpens shoppers a few years ago, but they had not tried the Plumix. My wife picked one up (she loves Varsity pens, but has never really been interested in trying anything fancier) and started writing and she went nuts for it. Her handwriting is not the best (of the two of us, I have the far girlier writing, which is...hmm...), but the thicks and thins of the Plumix made it look really stylish! It was cool to see what using a different kind of pen did to her writing. I ordered a couple more pens - I have three Plumix pens that I use all the time, but I'd like four on hand (Black, blue, green, red/other ink) - one for Mrs. Bagels, and two for Christmas gifts for friends.

Even if you went with a Lamy Safari or other "serious" pen, the italic nib Plumix, for $7, should absolutely find a place in your collection.

They'll accept the same inks that the parallel pen uses, too:

----------------

As to what to use a fountain pen (or wooden pencil, etc) for, I'll echo Sera O and MR4001 and say that I write a lot of letters to friends and family. A handwritten letter, in really neat penmanship, really means a lot to people. It means way more than an email to most people, even if the content is the same. And actually, the content is usually different. For whatever reason, my letters tend to be much sweeter, more heart-on-sleeve than my other messages. It's a wonderful thing to tell someone exactly why you love them, and leave them with a written record that they can hold in their hands and reread when they feel down.

I'll be writing and drawing personalized Christmas cards for my friends from the Mental-Health-GAF community, which will be a lot of work, but should be a ton of fun. Hopefully, people really dig the personalized approach.

I have a tumblr comprised entirely of handwritten song lyrics, quotes, poems, thoughts, etc. It's a fun excuse to write more (which I just like to do), and it's neat when people like your stuff enough to reblog it, or send you a nice note about it. If I do indeed end up taking up calligraphy as a hobby, I'll post my stuff there, too.

As I mentioned before, sending pics of handwritten messages as tweets ("Bagelgrams," as I call them) is a simple way to make tweets more meaningful. People have often been really touched by these little messages, which makes me super happy. They're in my handwriting, which my friends can instantly recognize, and they just seem more personal and from the heart. Never underestimate how much value you can add to something simply by writing it in your own handwriting.

I've had less luck with my handwritten sexts, but I'm keeping at it.

HijWexz.png

I also keep a journal, and use a reporter-style notebook with a pocket as a wallet, so I have the paper on hand to remind myself of appointments and stuff.

I guess, if you enjoy writing, if you enjoy using certain pens, you just kind of find excuses to do it more.

deadbluesky

Neo Member
Superb thread. -- Brought me back to the ink pen. I 'up'graded my black Lamy Safari with an EF-nib and bought another white Lamy Safari with a fine nib. I am now considering a transparent/clear one, just for its retro-futuristic look.
--
Has anyone experience with J. Herbin´s bottled ink? It comes in 30 colors and is even suppose to smell nice.

MR4001

I really like using stub nibs - I've a few Lamy 1.1 nibs about. However, for everyday writing I find them too wide, so I think, when I've a bit of money to spare, I'll invest in a custom-ground cursive italic nib from the likes of John Mottishaw or Richard Binder. I'm really keen on the history of italic - my hand, New Nelson, I guess, is a far descendant of it. (Most North American hands seem to be descended from round hands, the most famous being Spencerian. Then there's the Germans with their blackletter-descended hands. All very interesting.)

Has anyone experience with J. Herbin´s bottled ink? It comes in 30 colors and is even suppose to smell nice.

J Herbin ink is very good; it's a rather wet ink and it isn't very saturated. They've a number of unique colours, and the bottles are rather nice (but not particularly pratical). Not bad price-wise, too. The ink doesn't have a noticeable scent to me, I must say - they do sell scented inks, though. I really like the smell of Sailor's inks - chemical-like, potent like petrol.

Sera O

Banned

I haven't tried any J. Herbin inks yet (I believe I have some blotting paper of that brand though). Now that you mention it, I have seen a set of Herbin inks that were scented and came in a special set. I don't think I have any inks that have a notable smell.

Has anyone tried a Pilot Parallel pen? I own the 2.4mm nib, but I have not gotten around to trying it.

I've got parallel pens in 2.4 mm and the 3.8 mm (the two middle sizes). The 2.4 strikes me as way more usable. I will eventually get the smallest nib size, but I can't imagine what one would do with the largest - signage?

The plate nib works really well, and the pen has great flow. I'm using them with bottled ink/converter while practicing; they really drink it up as one would expect.

deadbluesky

Neo Member
J Herbin ink is very good; it's a rather wet ink and it isn't very saturated. They've a number of unique colours, and the bottles are rather nice (but not particularly pratical). Not bad price-wise, too. The ink doesn't have a noticeable scent to me, I must say - they do sell scented inks, though. I really like the smell of Sailor's inks - chemical-like, potent like petrol.

Thanks! Not drying too fast, rather light vivid colors and reasonably priced seems quite right for me.

Iph

Banned
I have to write a lot of stuff down for my job, in pen. Just got a Zebra F-701 stainless steel retractable ball point pen and a "telescopic" smaller set for my pocket and bag. Can't wait to try them out. :3

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I have to write a lot of stuff down for my job, in pen. Just got a Zebra F-701 stainless steel retractable ball point pen and a "telescopic" smaller set for my pocket and bag. Can't wait to try them out. :3

Well, our friendship is OVER!

Iph

Banned
Well, our friendship is OVER!

Wait, what kind am I supposed to use?? Shoot, this is the "internal ink dip pen" thread, isn't it? D'oh! XD

For some reason I assumed fountain pens were any pen that had an ink reservoir.. :(

jb1234

Wait, what kind am I supposed to use?? Shoot, this is the "internal ink dip pen" thread, isn't it? D'oh! XD

For some reason I assumed fountain pens were any pen that had an ink reservoir.. :(

He refuses to make a ball point pen thread. Fucking puritan. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom