- If the game crashes at launch, it very likely means you do not have the necessary PhysX libraries installed so first do a fresh install of those and if you are still encountering the same issue follow these instructions.
- To avoid certain crashes during gameplay it is commonly suggested to set both the game's .exe (with others suggesting its launcher as well) to Compatibility Mode with Windows 98 (yeah, don't ask, it helps!) and in case you still experience crashes at some part of the game to try it again after rebooting your system. Rebooting also helps with inexplicable framerate issues that you weren't getting before. Always reboot your PC as your first step to troubleshoot an issue, I cannot stress this enough! If you are still plagued by crashes, as your last resort you can try setting the Compatibility option to some other setting; XP, Vista, and so on.
- Durante has removed the resolution lock and enhanced the game's graphics, grab his patch from: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dpfix It is absolutely essential. Some people have reported lighting glitches with version 0.9.5 (which is the latest) of DPfix. If you are affected first make sure you have set the Compatibility Mode to Windows 98 as already advised. If you are still affected you might want to try version 0.9.4 instead. Finally, there are reports that crashes can also be solved by playing windowed instead of fullscreen (possible thanks to DPfix) so you might want to try that.
- You went driving and the handbrake sound is stuck looping? Set your Windows speaker settings to "Stereo" instead of eg 5.1.
- Some people are affected by a bug that makes the vertical range during aiming more limited than it should be. Different solutions work for different people: setting the compatibility to Windows 98 (which you should have already done it!) or Windows 95 or restarting your computer (which again, you should have already tried it!) or alt-tabing in-out of the game.
- Originally the game did not respond properly (almost at all) to gamepad input, but the developers have since patched the game to include properly working gamepad support. The patch should automatically download from Steam.
- InfiniteNine has made an HD font/HUD/icon pack, grab it from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1247
- Shlomo has uploaded a few better quality textures that were shipped with the game but were unused: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1592 Same post includes his SweetFX profile, in case you are looking for one.
- Parsnip has made a button replacement pack for DualShock 4 users: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1644
In addition to this thread it's always wise to take a look at the game's Steam forums if you are looking for help with an issue you experience: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/
Buyers beware: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660...4952946860943/
Gamersgate version is unlocked and according to the ppl who got the game from there, there are no PC options at all not even the Resolution can be changed its locked at 720p.
Japanese devs strike again. whyyy
Yep, framerate is good but the resolution is locked at 1280x720. I checked the .ini files and there are no resolution options...