- To avoid certain crashes it is commonly suggested to set the game's .exe to Compatibility Mode with Windows 98 (yeah, don't ask, it helps!) and in case you still experience crashes at some part of the game to try it again after rebooting your system. Rebooting also helps with inexplicable framerate issues that you weren't getting before. Always reboot your PC as your first step to troubleshoot an issue, I cannot stress this enough!
- Durante has removed the resolution lock and enhanced the game's graphics, grab his patch from: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dpfix It is absolutely essential. Some people have reported lighting glitches with version 0.9.5 of DPfix. If you are affected first make sure you have set the Compatibility Mode to Windows 98 as already advised. If you are still affected you might want to try version 0.9.4 instead.
- You went driving and the handbrake sound is stuck looping? Set your Windows speaker settings to "Stereo" instead of eg 5.1.
- Originally the game did not respond properly (almost at all) to gamepad input, but the developers have since patched the game to include properly working gamepad support. The patch should automatically download from Steam.
- InfiniteNine has made an HD font/HUD/icon pack, grab it from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1247
- Shlomo has uploaded a few better quality textures that were shipped with the game but were unused: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1592 Same post includes his SweetFX profile, in case you are looking for one.
- Parsnip has made a button replacement pack for DualShock 4 users: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1644
In addition to this thread it's always wise to take a look at the game's Steam forums if you are looking for help with an issue you experience: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/
Buyers beware: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660...4952946860943/
Gamersgate version is unlocked and according to the ppl who got the game from there, there are no PC options at all not even the Resolution can be changed its locked at 720p.
Japanese devs strike again. whyyy
Yep, framerate is good but the resolution is locked at 1280x720. I checked the .ini files and there are no resolution options...