• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't remember if I'd sent invites to every single person on the old list, so if you still have it archived somewhere, you might want to sift out the names I didn't list in any way and repost them.

Kabuto

I still play pretty actively but I can't really add anymore people since I have to split my friends list between Battlefield 4 friends and Tapped Out friends. EA needs to up the friends list limit :/

-Horizon-

Haven't been playing this as much recently tbh. I play like every other day now.

I tried playing the Family Guy one. Didn't like it. Uninstalled it.

Hellers

Top tip. You can get baskets from zapping bunnies. Check your inventory. Also don't place your baskets too close together. I just lost 300 pink eggs (SOB) because the targeting in this game is so bloody fuzzy.

JTran2003

Top tip. You can get baskets from zapping bunnies. Check your inventory. Also don't place your baskets too close together. I just lost 300 pink eggs (SOB) because the targeting in this game is so bloody fuzzy.

Good to know you can get baskets without using donuts. I was not planning on getting if that was the case.

fisheyes

I've been away for a couple of weeks, and have been pretty patchy with my playing over the past month or so, seems I've missed a bit. I'm still 12 hours away from the Easter event properly starting, but I reckon I need to clean out some inactive friends to be any chance. Feel free to add me, jjjdeezy, I might need raid the thread for people to add back, too.

Was dismayed by getting so many fences in the boxes but now I got 15 donuts for them so that's pretty cool.
Worried I will never manage to get Shary though.

DarthWoo

It switches 100 eggs of one color to 50 eggs of the other color.

Silly question, but I assume it pulls the 50 from your own supply when someone gives you 100 of the other kind? I just set up both baskets since I got them, and I suppose it's a win-win either way.

JTran2003

Silly question, but I assume it pulls the 50 from your own supply when someone gives you 100 of the other kind? I just set up both baskets since I got them, and I suppose it's a win-win either way.

That's a good question... Hopefully that's not the case...

Also just noticed some characters can do task for eggs like moe. I need to pay more attention!

krae_man

I think with the baskets you just trade 100 of one for 50 of the other with neither going coming from or going to the other player. Then when enough people use the basket, the basket owner gets a couple hundred.

DarthWoo

Ack, accidentally traded 100 of my rare egg. I wish there was a confirmation window when tapping on the baskets.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Was dismayed by getting so many fences in the boxes but now I got 15 donuts for them so that's pretty cool.
Worried I will never manage to get Shary though.

You've gotten 50 fences already? How is that even possible?

JoeM86

Ack, accidentally traded 100 of my rare egg. I wish there was a confirmation window when tapping on the baskets.

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating when they're so close together. That's why I space mine out in front of the courthouse

My egg basket exploded today with lots of my rare eggs. Woot.

Then I got fences thanks to it.

Hellers

So many bloody fences and I've had nothing from the gold boxes apart from gates, a sun lounger and a bloody rabbit.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I started playing again (yay new phone making it run super smooth)... I am having issues with the zapping stuff. I press and hold down on the screen but it doesn't start the zapper? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm really enjoying this update. Nice mechanics.
I like the bunny zapping. I hope they add similar functionality to the actual characters sometime. How fun would it be to interact with everybody like that? Maybe everyone could become a zombie for next Halloween and we'd have to beat them down or something.

I started playing again (yay new phone making it run super smooth)... I am having issues with the zapping stuff. I press and hold down on the screen but it doesn't start the zapper? Am I doing something wrong?
the trick is to make sure you don't move the map around when you tap and hold. just the lightest little tap should do.

JoeM86

Actually had some good luck this weekend, got the Blocko Store, the mexican restaurant and the Egg guy.

And some fences.

Hellers

I am sick to death of fences and gates.

Also your egg baskets run out after you use them a few times. Good job they drop from bunnies.

Spent a load of donuts on blue eggs but just got a bunch of fences, ponds etc.
Still no Shary or bunny guy.
This is the most frustrating game yet!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just got a gold box for the first time. It was a fence. This event seems sadistic, even by EA standards. It's amazing how attainable everything was this time last year with Whacking Day.

Crashing every open on mini retina. :(

It's been going downhill steadily for me, but this update was when it finally refused to open 100% of the time on my tablet.
I was already playing almost exclusively on PC, though. (which I hate, but it works)

TAJ

I just read a comment from someone who rushed eggs to get every Easter item.
It took 3,000 donuts.
Shary Bobbins can take up to 40,000 gold eggs to get.

JoeM86

It took 3,000 donuts.

So evil. I honestly don't get how they think this is a good idea.

Thankfully, I can live without Shary Bobbins.

krae_man

I'll be happy if I just get a couple of buildings out of it.

Minor tip: If you get down to 1 tap left at your current friend level or whatever(eg 5 eggs for the next 1 tap) and then move over to the next town, all 3 taps will be at that level. Then you can go back and get that tap you left at the town before. Repeat until your down to 1 egg per tap.

I think in the end the whole process only ends up with like 8 extra common color eggs and two extra uncommon color eggs but every little bit helps and it only takes a second or two.

Edit: Oooh, one cool thing about this update is when placing objects after you place one, the default placement for the next one is now right beside the one you just placed. So when placing fence, it's way quicker. It's also way quicker to place Weather stations to level for donuts.

It took 3,000 donuts.

EA has been pretty fair thus far. I'm sure they'll alter the egg count or something when we get closer to the end of the event. Remember we have 21+ days to collect so don't freak out just yet!

Definitely not a good idea to start wasting donuts on any of this stuff yet.

TAJ

EA has been pretty fair thus far. I'm sure they'll alter the egg count or something when we get closer to the end of the event. Remember we have 21+ days to collect so don't freak out just yet!

Definitely not a good idea to start wasting donuts on any of this stuff yet.

My point was that unless something changes drastically, free players are basically going to get nothing. My sister hasn't even gotten one gold box yet and she plays a lot.
Whacking Day and Halloween were extremely fair. Christmas and Valentine's, less so. This looks to continue that downward trend in spectacular fashion.

HigXx

Have basically everything except Shary Bobbins and Father Sean. Can tell already it is going to be horrible trying to get them!

My point was that unless something changes drastically, free players are basically going to get nothing. My sister hasn't even gotten one gold box yet and she plays a lot.
Whacking Day and Halloween were extremely fair. Christmas and Valentine's, less so. This looks to continue that downward trend in spectacular fashion.

I think on Christmas they patched the wheel and extended the event, and the Valentine's wheel was much more fair. I really do expect something to change drastically before the end of this event.

JTran2003

I kinda agree with you. I don't spend money and this event has been very difficult getting eggs. Seems the best way for me is to get the characters to do the event task but they also take a long time... Shortest is 16 hours and longest is 32hours... Maybe I should just be more patient...

krae_man

Some are 12 hours.

Edit: Looks like lots of the prizes cannot be won until at least X number of boxes are opened.

Gold Easter Box

Shary Bobbins cannot be awarded before 20 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.
Hugs Bunny is guaranteed at 81 boxes.
Father Sean is guaranteed at 50 boxes.
Bunny #24601 is guaranteed at 20 boxes.
Banana Dictatorship is guaranteed at 15 boxes.

Blue Easter Box

The Egg Council Guy cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 81 boxes.
Johnny Fiestas cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.

Pink Easter Box

Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.
Blocko Store cannot be awarded before 12 boxes is guaranteed at 81 boxes.

krae_man

Right now my plan is to have one uncommon box open every other day and as many common boxes as possible until I get the lizards and the Blocko store. Bunnies seem to be dropping less baskets for me now. The spawn rate is slightly less then 1 per day per basket color. Currently I have none and yesterday I had 1.

Edit: Crap, I didn't realize that harvesting carrots cause bunnies to appear. I put corn back in. I missed out on a couple hundred eggs. Grrr.

Top Bottom