• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaSliXCII

Banned
The single player isn't compelling enough and I assume people want to play it for the MP, but what will it always be 1 vs 1 death match lol. If you can find another person with a WiiU.

I don't even think Nintendo or Activision care about that version either, though it'll sell most on current gen. Does anyone know if Activision are taking part on that upgrade to next gen for $10 promo?

gamepad > vita for off tv play

Needs more >>>>s. I love my Vita, but playing online with those sticks? Nuh-uh. The U pad obliterates it in terms of ergonomics.

The single player isn't compelling enough and I assume people want to play it for the MP, but what will it always be 1 vs 1 death match lol. If you can find another person with a WiiU.

Okay, seriously now. Who do we have to PM to start getting some warnings in here?

Rizsparky

I don't even think Nintendo or Activision care about that version either, though it'll sell most on current gen. Does anyone know if Activision are taking part on that upgrade to next gen for $10 promo?

Ignorance at its finest.

SaSliXCII

Banned
Well

that is what he said.

What you seriously expect him to turn around and say the Wii U version is just a port of the PS3/X360 version? Honestly, a developer is there to try and sell you the product as much as the publisher, stop believing them when they answer questions like these.

Jrs3000

ibpCEksYHytjdN.jpg

ieD6SsNE6LLVY.jpg

You can in single player. Im not sure of resolution im playing on the pad, the tv is occupied.

We would appreciate when you get to play more of the game for some impressions without spoilers from SP and the MP you can play locally.

Also if you had BOs 2 some comparisons to that would be awesome.

Gamepad features? Anything else you can add.

Thanks!

EDarkness

BO2 on Wii U supported18 player ground war.

Again, in BO2, PS360U all had 18 player ground war.

On Ghosts apparently PS360 all do NOT have 18 player ground war.

Oh. I never played Ground War on Black Ops 2 and just assumed that it was 12 players. Hmmm...doesn't look like they changed the game engine much at all, so no idea why they lowered it to 12. Well, probably it was to push people to the other versions of the game, which may work if people who are used to that player count need to have their 18 player fix. Too bad we'll never get the real reason.

Pjsprojects

Well that's not looking good at all. Catch 22, low WiiU players to sell to so crappy port. New possible WiiU buyers see crappy ports and don't buy WiiU.

Will be very glad when the 360 is put out to pasture.

Disguises

1 v 1? LOL. -_-. There's over 2000 people online currently. It's annoying how it's difficult to find a good game in other game modes than team deathmatch though.

Anyway, I think Activision are doing the upgrade to next gen promotion.
Well that's not looking good at all. Catch 22, low WiiU players to sell to so crappy port. New possible WiiU buyers see crappy ports and don't buy WiiU.

Will be very glad when the 360 is put out to pasture.
It really doesn't look that bad... BO2 on Wii U was very close to 360 in terms of performance other than a few apparent framerate hiccups in single player and (I think) the quality of some shadows (I think I remember something about that? It's possible I'm thinking of the time when someone posted gamepad screenshots in multiplayer, which reduces graphical quality since it counts it as splitscreen mode, and people jumped to conclusions based on that. Seriously... this is why they should release official media.

popeutlal

Jrs3000, can we get a final confirmation if Wii U version has ground war, if so the mode display the max number of players it supports at the bottom.

Thanks again.

Rizsparky

Although the absence of ground war is peculiar due to the game looking the same as Black Ops 2, I don't see the attraction to Ground War. The majority of the times I played the game mode resulted in a lot of lag which is frustrating a twitch based arcade shooter.

prag16

Banned
Although the absence of ground war is peculiar due to the game looking the same as Black Ops 2, I don't see the attraction to Ground War. The majority of the times I played the game mode resulted in a lot of lag which is frustrating a twitch based arcade shooter.

Yeah, ground war caused extra lag on all platforms, and the maps were designed more for 12 people in mind than 18, so you could get into some ridiculous spawn situations with 18 players on the map.

I guess having it is better than not having it but, meh.

Only saving grace is Wii Remote support, that if the devs havent managed to ruin that also. Graphic comparisons are a mute point regarding Wii U multiplatforms. People interested in visuals should know by now to look else where.

What is tough to understand is if a PC version exists, there are different levels of textures, why in this case they did not take advantage of higher textures.

Again I own BOs 2 and I am still having fun with that. I guess the extra effort needed to take advantage of the hardware can not be justified by the low userbase and previous sales, sigh, I guess that is understandable.

Riki

Only saving grace is Wii Remote support, that if the devs havent managed to ruin that also. Graphic comparisons are a mute point regarding Wii U multiplatforms. People interested in visuals should know by now to look else where.

Not always. Some multiplats definitely look better on WiiU. But CoD is not going to be one of those games ever.

What is tough to understand is if a PC version exists, there are different levels of textures, why in this case they did not take advantage of higher textures.

It would require more than the bare minimum effort.

EDarkness

Yeah, ground war caused extra lag on all platforms, and the maps were designed more for 12 people in mind than 18, so you could get into some ridiculous spawn situations with 18 players on the map.

I guess having it is better than not having it but, meh.

Not something I ever had any desire to play. I won't lie, I'm part of the problem since I only played TDM. Saw no reason to play any other mode. Though, I did try Zombies, but I had no idea what I was doing and there were no instructions on what I should have been doing, either. So I just gave that up after two or three tries. Wasn't having fun, so I didn't see the point.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I find the regular 6v6 modes to be boring (unless it's something like SnD where you have 1 life). For me, the fun in CoD games come when the gameplay is hectic and fast paced, which Ground War provides. I really don't care much about dying as long as I'm helping the team, so it's nice that I can spawn and be back in the action within seconds. Not having ground war is a dealbreaker for me as well unfortunately.

EDarkness

Again I own BOs 2 and I am still having fun with that. I guess the extra effort needed to take advantage of the hardware can not be justified by the low userbase and previous sales, sigh, I guess that is understandable.

I usually defend Treyarch since they did such a great job on the Wii versions of CoD, but I had no hope that they'd do anything interesting with the Wii U version. Just like the Wii versions, the Wii U version was kept quiet, and while it uses modern technology, I felt like the user base would dictate they would only need to do the bare minimum of effort. There's really no excuse for it, but there it is. I hope that once I play the game on my own TV it shows some improvements over the previous game, but I'm not holding my breath.

The moment they said modes would be missing, I knew it was going to be a down and dirty port with not much effort thrown in. Unfortunately, I need my IR fix, so they have me by the balls. I hope another company comes in with a decent FPS with IR support so that I can drop CoD completely.

Still, this isn't a slight on the Wii U. Recent ports prove the system is more than capable of putting out stuff better than the 360/PS3. This is all on the developer.

Disguises

Wait. Are people saying that the Wii U version looks worse than PS360 already? I would find that hard to believe. We've only seen a handful of screenshots so far and no direct comparisons to the same areas on PS360.
I usually defend Treyarch since they did such a great job on the Wii versions of CoD, but I had no hope that they'd do anything interesting with the Wii U version. Just like the Wii versions, the Wii U version was kept quiet, and while it uses modern technology, I felt like the user base would dictate they would only need to do the bare minimum of effort. There's really no excuse for it, but there it is. I hope that once I play the game on my own TV it shows some improvements over the previous game, but I'm not holding my breath.

The moment they said modes would be missing, I knew it was going to be a down and dirty port with not much effort thrown in. Unfortunately, I need my IR fix, so they have me by the balls. I hope another company comes in with a decent FPS with IR support so that I can drop CoD completely.

Still, this isn't a slight on the Wii U. Recent ports prove the system is more than capable of putting out stuff better than the 360/PS3. This is all on the developer.
What modes are missing!?
Edit: Nevermind.

prag16

Banned

For the 50th time, modes aren't missing (compared to the PS360 versions) as far as we know right now, unless you count that clan nonsense as a "mode".

I hear you about being had by the balls though. They have me in the exact same position, even though I don't expect to be super impressed by the game.

Exile20

PC?

Of course it is PC, whatelse could it be.

Glass Joe

it is skipping the eShop again.

Which is likely true, and sucks.

I played BLOPS2 with a Gamefly rental during release and I liked it. But I figured that since I saw it for well under $20 on Amazon in the past, and since a new entry was looming, I'd get an awesome price on it if I just waited. But actually the price on the original seems to have increased.

EDarkness

For the 50th time, modes aren't missing (compared to the PS360 versions) as far as we know right now, unless you count that clan nonsense as a "mode".

I hear you about being had by the balls though. They have me in the exact same position, even though I don't expect to be super impressed by the game.

Yeah. Modes was the wrong word to use. Features is what I should have wrote. Either way, the point still stands. This is going to be a down and dirty port and nothing more.

EDarkness

I don't get it at all.......... is there a logical reason for this?

Activision has ZERO games on the eShop. Not sure why, but they don't have anything. My guess is this is why there is no DLC. Not because they can't do it, but because it has to be on the eShop and can't be purchased in app. No one should be surprised here. Until Activision starts using the eShop itself, there won't be anything like downloadable games from them.

Why do 3rd party pubs/devs always sabatoged their Nintendo offerings? I'm buying used now and heavily discounted on all my platforms in protest.

Exile20

Activision has ZERO games on the eShop. Not sure why, but they don't have anything. My guess is this is why there is no DLC. Not because they can't do it, but because it has to be on the eShop and can't be purchased in app. No one should be surprised here. Until Activision starts using the eShop itself, there won't be anything like downloadable games from them.

You are right, not spiderman, angry birds, wipeout, skylander, no activision games at all.

Why is that?
Are Nintendo fees too much or something? Are they some how protesting the eshop?

gemoran4

I've never noticed that but your 100% right. Has there ever been any statement about it by Activision or Nintendo?

gemoran4

Why do 3rd party pubs/devs always sabatoged their Nintendo offerings? I'm buying used now and heavily discounted on all my platforms in protest.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It seems like Wii U ports have been fine since the initial launch. NFS:MW looked good, ACIV seems to run fine on the Wii U, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Arkham Origins, and Rayman Legends all seem to run no worse than their 360/ps3 counterparts.

Now they don't do anything to make them stand out, but then again is that really surprising? You have a small install base + a history of poor software sales on current and prior Nintendo consoles so it's not really a shock that they don't give Nintendo versions special treatment.

EDarkness

I've never noticed that but your 100% right. Has there ever been any statement about it by Activision or Nintendo?

I've never been able to get an answer from them outside of "it's something we're looking into..." BS. I believe they're the only publisher with no games on the eShop, too. Even EA has games there, with the exception of Mass Effect 3 for some reason or another. I couldn't figure out why Activision never released DLC, even free DLC for the Wii U, so I started digging around and realized they don't support the eShop at all. Maybe someone with a real connection to them could ask. I'm just a small man on the pole and they won't really give me the time of day.

Still, shocked me that they didn't even put Angry Birds. It's crazy, folks. Crazy.

gemoran4

I've never been able to get an answer from them outside of "it's something we're looking into..." BS. I believe they're the only publisher with no games on the eShop, too. Even EA has games there, with the exception of Mass Effect 3 for some reason or another. I couldn't figure out why Activision never released DLC, even free DLC for the Wii U, so I started digging around and realized they don't support the eShop at all. Maybe someone with a real connection to them could ask. I'm just a small man on the pole and they won't really give me the time of day.

Still, shocked me that they didn't even put Angry Birds. It's crazy, folks. Crazy.

Yeah it also doesn't make a lot of sense to me (then again I have very little clue on how the business world works in these instances). Wouldn't they make more money per copy from a digital sale rather than a physical one? I mean you don't have to give any money to a retailer or manufacture the disc + box anyways so that part of the expense is cut out.

Riki

Yeah it also doesn't make a lot of sense to me (then again I have very little clue on how the business world works in these instances). Wouldn't they make more money per copy from a digital sale rather than a physical one? I mean you don't have to give any money to a retailer or manufacture the disc + box anyways so that part of the expense is cut out.

Video Game Publishers making sense? In what universe?
Just look at Capcom and Square Enix. There's no sense to be had here. They're all run by idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom