• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the spookiest, scariest wrestler of all time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
brotherlove_9001wwfrumble.png

I'll go with this guy.

bjork

Nailz was creepy looking but dat voice make you want to shit yourself and you were such a mark that you thought he was straight up a murdering convict. Waylon was evil like Doink because he'd switch from friendly personality to evil rapist. And he was fucking huge and hillbilly as fuck looking.

LOL @ bold. Got in a bigass argument with my dad back then, because I was like "well, how do you know he didn't escape from prison? Listen to him!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really helped that they sold the cross face chicken wing like it was one of the most devastating moves in the business.

Yeah. You can thank the Enhancement Talent!

Swig_

Are you guys serious about Golddust? I haven't watched wrestling in years and if I remember right he was around in the late 90s.. I don't remember him being scary, at all.

Acorn

Are you guys serious about Golddust? I haven't watched wrestling in years and if I remember right he was around in the late 90s.. I don't remember him being scary, at all.
His theme and entrance always seemed eerie to me, then when his finisher became a straight up kick to the balls with a dudes legs round the turnbuckle...yeah fuck that.
Homophobia.
Not so much. He was just really out there, I never knew what sort of crazy shit he'd do next, similar to Taker in the Ministry.

bjork

Same reason no one is scared of Kane anymore. They ruin them.

Waylon Mercy was a good choice, guy played the character brilliantly. Mankind in the 1996 timeframe was great also.

It's a lack of kayfabe. Kane kills people in the ring and whatever, but he also speaks about the Fed? What the hell?

Maybe kayfabe is impossible nowadays, but it seems like a very small bit of it could go a long way, especially with people being conditioned to follow wrasslers on twitter and whatnot.

Manbig

Papa Shango. Can't forget when he put a spell on the Ultimate Warrior and had him bleeding and vomiting.

G7G4mb5.jpg

Hell yes! Hindsight obviously changes things now, but when I was a kid this guy's antics freakin traumatized me!

And then he became a Boxer.

482453-kama_large.jpg

and then... An African American Extremist Boxer?

Da_Nation.jpg

adj_noun

No contest.

Doesn't get much scarier than a half man half bull. Mantaur could gore people way before Rhino...at least until he took his head off.

Cough.

Anyway, in second place,

Art_Barr.jpg

Oooooo it's Beetlejuice! Well, the Juicer. Still though. Oooooo!

VoxPop

Hell yes! Hindsight obviously changes things now, but when I was a kid this guy's antics freakin traumatized me!

And then he became a Boxer.

482453-kama_large.jpg

and then... An African American Extremist Boxer?

Da_Nation.jpg

the-godfather1.jpg

Then a pimp

the-complete-undertaker-vs-mankind-rivalry-6-discs-7367d_original_original_crop_340x234_display_image.jpg

My vote goes to the original pet rat loving, hair pulling, sticking his fingers down peoples' throats Mankind. I was legit fearing he would put an end to my childhood role model HBK's title run by making him puke and pass out.

strobogo

Banned
Dude's got an incredible mind for the business and is a consummate professional. I love Kevin Sullivan. He understands the business perfectly. I love him and Gary Hart - a LOT.

Sullivan was responsible for pretty much all of the first 6ish months of the nWo, which were the best time ever for the group. He was really the driving force of that angle before it got over run with low card dudes and stupid shit. He gets the business and would be an asset in any company today.

Striker

It's a lack of kayfabe. Kane kills people in the ring and whatever, but he also speaks about the Fed? What the hell?

Maybe kayfabe is impossible nowadays, but it seems like a very small bit of it could go a long way, especially with people being conditioned to follow wrasslers on twitter and whatnot.
I think that plays into it a lot, but just in general the booking kind of sways my outlook on them. Kane still tried some monster like promos or whatever, but I still couldn't buy it because of how often he'd lose or look like a goon.

On my 1996 Mankind vote: the mannerisms, the sounds he'd make while applying the Mandible Claw, the voice, his theme music, just great stuff.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
19901210_Gooker_Koko.jpg

Note: Hector Guerro was under the costume.

Goldust wasn't scary. He was confusing. And Brilliant.

Here's a guy who wants to be in the movies and has a hot chick on his arm, but there's just something...off about this guy. Everything about him conflicted with everything else.

Character was way ahead of his time. I think he would have been massive if he debuted 10 years later.

Exr

Papa Shango and Mankind... trail at 2nd and 3rd to Giant Silva. His massive head and wild hair are nightmare fuel.

joedan

When I was a kid in the 70's, George "The Animal" Steele freaked me out so much I would change the channel. Covered in hair, acting mentally impaired, blue tongue ... yikes!

q5NUFPy.jpg

Never even knew his tongue was blue. Probably because I had a black and white TV in the 80s. lol.

Fans of the territory years will tell you the Original Sheik was the scariest guy in wrasslin.

My list would be:

Great Muta (#1 with a bullet)
Kishin Liger (Jushin Liger's alter-ego)
Terry Funk
The Road Warriors
Undertaker
Cactus Jack (Mankind too)
New Jack
Vampiro (Lucha)
Charlie Manson (Lucha)

Status
Not open for further replies.