• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 confirmed?

How can people get tired of Nathan Drake? To me, he's the best new character of last gen.
Also, Sony knows Uncharted sells millions and they're not just going to drop that franchise.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Get the B team on Uncharted 4, have the main team knock it completely out of the park again with a brand new IP like The Last Of Us.

Jedi2016

I'd be kind of surprised myself, it's not really like them. They make a few games in an IP, then they move on to something else. You could argue that they've already moved on with TLoU. That doesn't mean the franchise will die, though, it'll just move to a different developer. I absolutely expect to see an Uncharted 4, I just don't think ND is going to be the one to make it.

gdt

Thank God. I'm dying for more Uncharted. I don't think ND would give the series to someone else except for side stories. They love it too much.

N.Domixis

Banned
I love Uncharted but I really hope they move onto something new.
Like someone mentioned before they need a big IP to compete with Halo next year. Uncharted is their most successful brand besides GT. If they go with a new IP they will be murdered next year during the holidays.

plainr_

I had hoped they make a new IP first then return to Uncharted afterwards but whatever. Anything ND is making, I will be desperately waiting to see. I wouldn't mind seeing Sully in 1080p glory.

Mario007

I was hoping they would be done with the Uncharted series. Oh well.

I like they're focus on creating IP each generation of consoles:

PS1: Crash
PS2: Jax and Daxter
PS3: Uncharted; TLOU
That timeline needs to stop being mentioned. ND created a new IP for each playstation because they had. They couldn't continue on with Crash and J&D's sales were falling with each installment. Never mind the fact that TLOU already broke the 'ND creates a new IP each gen, does 3 games and a karting game with it'.

ND does what they want to do. Simple as.

UC on next gen is going to be crazy .
I know ND going to mix things up a bit for next gen so looking forward to it .
Also you can't compare ND to there past self so much has change since them .

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
These guessing games are not going to go anywhere. I wouldn't take it to the bank until you see the unveil.

kmax

Well, Naughty Dog is made up of two teams. One, who Amy Henning's heading. The other team just made The Last of Us, so it's not surprising at all that team #1 has been busy with UC4 ever since 3 came out.

I'm expecting an official announcement during the VGA's.

Courage

I have a feeling Uncharted 4 will be the last game of the series.

I can totally see old Drake coming back for one last adventure.

Considering UC2, UC3 in relation to UC2, and TLOU is relation to that entire franchise, I'm more interested in whatever Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley do over whatever Amy Henning and the UC3 B-team is working on.

DieH@rd

Banned
Im fully ready for a nextgen uncharted. Bring it on.

[also, someone needs to port first 3 games to PS4, 1080p60]

jett

D-Member
Dude your constant negativity on anything Non-Nintendo is damn annoying. You don't have to like Uncharted but asking it to be something other than Uncharted is fucking dumb.

Well, it's kinda true, though. They've done the lost city gimmick three times, and it was done in a borderline identical way in UC2 and UC3. I'd be okay with more of that sorta stuff, but I wouldn't mind something more fresh.

RayMaker

Banned
ND are using an updated PS3 engine for the first PS4 game, I wonder if it will look as good as some titles on fully fledged next gen engines such as cryengine/UE4/snowdrop?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wow. So many haters.

I'M READY.

People will come around the second actual footage or a trailer hits.

Naughty Dog knows that they can't just do another one of these games again. If the main team is on this, it's going to blow minds beyond just graphics.

I mean, just look at the massive blowout success that TLOU became as a fresh IP, I have faith that they aren't just going to be pumping out samey mindless sequels. They aren't Ubisoft.

Dude your constant negativity on anything Non-Nintendo is damn annoying. You don't have to like Uncharted but asking it to be something other than Uncharted is fucking dumb.

But I love Uncharted, and I love the PS1, 2, and 3 (and my favorite console this gen was the 360). So uh. What? Wanting the series to be slightly different and improved is constant negativity?

jbttwin

Eh, I'm fine with this. People are probably expecting too much out of ND if they thought they wouldn't continue the UC franchise so soon.

Top Bottom