• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

Pain

Banned
The health is way too low, the maps are too big and too complex, regular TDM health is blops 2 hardcore health and hardcore ghosts is just ridiculous.

This is honestly the worst iteration of COD i've played.

What is the actual possibility of IW doing something about it?
Really? They actually lowered the health? That doesn't sound good.

DR3AM

the spawn system is horrible long with the huge maps and lower player count. i can go 2-3 minutes without seeing a player, then i get killed from the back.

i think im done.

player every cod game for at least 100+ hours

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Played a few matches yesterday and I can't say I'm too pleased.

- Spawns suck
- Maps are too big. I find myself running around the map looking for enemies then getting shot in the back.
- Too many campers. I mean c'mon MOVE.
- Leveling up takes too long.

I have no urge to play Ghost at the moment. I'll wait until a few more updates before I give my final verdict.

cresto

Wtf are rescue kills? I don't get how to get the ocean weapon skin. There's no description anywhere. These menus suck ass

nbraun80

Post this in the OT, but figured id get better answers in here:
understand how operations work? I just don't get what the 13 days countdown is, and does pressing X and buying new ones do the same? How do you get second tier challenges? What the hell was wrong with the old challenge lists?

besides that I'm having fun. I hated BO2, but this is a big improvement over that imo. I can actually knife people now. Ha :)

Caffeine

Wtf are rescue kills? I don't get how to get the ocean weapon skin. There's no description anywhere. These menus suck ass

when they are shooting at ur team mate and u kill them before they kill ur team mate very hard to do with this low hp count most of the time u get avenger.

zeelman

I've been playing both the PC and 360 versions of this game, and I'm thinking I'll stick with the PC version. Sure the player population is significantly lower, but the maps feel like they were designed for 9v9. Plus the higher resolution makes it much easier to see people. The 360 version looks pretty ugly and blurry in comparison.

This is my first COD i've owned and i'm loving it on Wii U

Those that don't like it may be sick of the series.

Overall it's def a 9/10 type game

So I'm guessing Cranked and Blitz will be the most beneficial modes to help level up during double xp weekend? Wonder if double xp counts in squads as well?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Played a few matches yesterday and I can't say I'm too pleased.

- Spawns suck
- Maps are too big. I find myself running around the map looking for enemies then getting shot in the back.
- Too many campers. I mean c'mon MOVE.
- Leveling up takes too long.

I have no urge to play Ghost at the moment. I'll wait until a few more updates before I give my final verdict.

Campers are most likely due to Amplify being pretty powerful against new players. Its not like BLOPS2 where footsteps were nerfed. You can hear people stampeding around you. lol

Unsure if it counts in squads, but with the ~2000XP cap per match isn't it kind of pointless anyways?
Yea for sure. I really like the idea of squads and it is fun but that 2000xp cap takes a lot of the fun out of it cause it's such a grind to begin with. I guess it will be fun to use after you've already unlocked everything in regular multiplayer and are just looking for something a bit different. I like that you can challenge friends squads. I was challenging my brother as he was playing against mine.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yea for sure. I really like the idea of squads and it is fun but that 2000xp cap takes a lot of the fun out of it cause it's such a grind to begin with. I guess it will be fun to use after you've already unlocked everything in regular multiplayer and are just looking for something a bit different. I like that you can challenge friends squads. I was challenging my brother as he was playing against mine.

I enjoy the squads mode and find it quite relaxing to play but I agree, the XP match limit kills it to an extent. If they're going to have a mode like that in the game, go the whole way and let us level up as much as we want in it per match.

a916

Yes, it's free money, Activision - get on it!

For the love of god, please release maps from MW and MW2... (I know people will complain oh IW is charging for old maps now?! but those maps are amazing)

I'm not dogging the current maps but it's been 6 years since MW released... I'd love to play on those maps with Ghosts.

I'd pay good money for Afghan, Strike, Crashed, and the other 2 best maps from MW/2

For the love of god, please release maps from MW and MW2... (I know people will complain oh IW is charging for old maps now?! but those maps are amazing)

I'm not dogging the current maps but it's been 6 years since MW released... I'd love to play on those maps with Ghosts.

I'd pay good money for Afghan, Strike, Crashed, and the other 2 best maps from MW/2

For the life of me I can't understand why they don't do it, they have the assets, it's basically the same engine (lol), just port it over! C'mon!

Perhaps they're waiting for the next IW iteration, imagine those maps on a next gen native COD?

Kallor

Die way to quick and the maps are to big for anything but ground war. Feels like a fuckin mess.

Spawns seem even worse than blops2

SmokeMaxX

WTF the app shows im in the clan but the game says im not.
This can happen if you create a clan and then accept an invite to another clan. Very annoying issue to deal with since you can't delete a clan. Each clan has to have at least one person in it and the squad leader can't leave which is such bullshit. I made a clan just to see what it was and I was stuck with it even though I actually have a real clan. Had to dig out my gf's Xbox Live account and actually use the 7 day pass on it (since you can't join a clan without playing a game).

Moral of the story: Do NOT make a clan if you ever plan on joining another one.

CozMick

Banned
Some patches arent unlocking for me on ps3.

Get a game winning killcam with a guard dog.

Get a game winning killcam with a trinity rocket.

Both done, but nothing unlocked

Just wanna say 9bang is awesome.I love cooking it fully and tossing it in a room with recon on. Try it out guys.

Also it makes me mad I can only manage my clan through the stupid app.

aku:jiki

Some patches arent unlocking for me on ps3.

Get a game winning killcam with a guard dog.

Get a game winning killcam with a trinity rocket.

Both done, but nothing unlocked
The challenges have to be in your list of 5 challenges under the "operations" button for you to be able to complete them and get the unlocks. It's a pretty annoying system.

Tak3n

Banned
Has anyone ever won the game of infected, in other words being a soldier, I don't see how it is possible as time resets to 2 mins with every death

MrDaravon

Question: I'm picking this up today (probably against my better judgment, but one of my best friends really wants to play Squads/Extinction with me), was the Free Fall map pre-order only, or was it a slip in all first-run copies? If it's a slip I wonder if I can get lucky with a used copy, every Gamestop near me has used copies available according to their site lol.

Tak3n

Banned
Question: I'm picking this up today (probably against my better judgment, but one of my best friends really wants to play Squads/Extinction with me), was the Free Fall map pre-order only, or was it a slip in all first-run copies? If it's a slip I wonder if I can get lucky with a used copy, every Gamestop near me has used copies available according to their site lol.

I would not worry as they have done the usual COD Con, and you can only play it as a Moshpit with other maps in rotation, so 1 in 6 times on average you will get new map... and last night at peak only 193 players were in that mode

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
As mentioned, firing from the hip should be inaccurate, as it is IRL too. The problem with it being accurate is that you get ridiculous people who hipfire all the time like in blops2.

Also, I sent a bunch of invites out but no one has accepted yet. are they sending?

Those that have android devices that are incompatible:

1) make sure installing from unknown sources is allowed in your settings
2) Download the .APK here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7CMRbyQIYe2Ry1oMUo1cEx1S3c/edit?usp=drive_web
3) Run it and let it install the app.
4) Open the app. It will finish installing.

It should work on most devices this way.

Also, should I make a thread for the clan so we don't clog this thread up?

I downloaded the app and it installed on my Nexus 7 2013 but it's not "working", it says I need to play my first multiplayer game to begin. Does the app not work for the PC version?

Just wanna say 9bang is awesome.I love cooking it fully and tossing it in a room with recon on. Try it out guys.

Also it makes me mad I can only manage my clan through the stupid app.
Yeah what the fuck is that about.

They've removed practically every feature of the ELiTE app/website.

You can't push class updates, you can't see challenges, you can't see leaderboards, you can't see your recent matches, you can't see weapon details or your performance with them.

ELiTE was fine, no need to have a new app.

Effect

The amount of bullets it takes to kill a guard dog is really stupid. I'm starting to hate them. Also their range of attack is to big.

The amount of bullets it takes to kill a guard dog is really stupid. I'm starting to hate them. Also their range of attack is to big.

True. They have more health than players do.

Jesus Christ if I wanted to play hardcore I'd play hardcore. And the maps are too open. Each area is a freaking panopticon.

Tak3n

Banned

The problem is Ghosts was all about the dogs, all the hype etc, if they made them easy kill no one would use them

komaruR

Got my game yesterday. Tried a few matches. The hit detection is on the spot. Lucky no hackers encounters. Was worry about it since ppl were talking about ps3 ver getting hacked.

Only one complain, map too big. When u don't find some1 it ll take u a got 30sec-1 min until u do. And when u do find, they all come in a pack.

Like one of the fellow gaffer said headset is unfair advantage. I could footstep so clear. In the previous 3 cods I just play with tv spkers. This game is just begging me to use the headset =P

Berg

As a huge Search and Destroy fan...I hate Search and Rescue. The whole revival aspect kills it for me. I like to snipe, and trying to get a dog-tag from halfway across the map is suicidal. I've gotten 8 kills and wound up with 200 points one match because downed enemies would be revived. UUGGHH.. /rant

TCRS

Banned
man these comments here are not encouraging. My favourite CoD is BlOps because of the more reasonable pace but this here seems to be the exact opposite. All I wanted is a simple shooter to tide me over until I get a PS4 in spring :/

Chojin

I understand their logic behind it, but I do wish the XP limit would at least be increased somewhat as you level up. At higher levels it's going to be pretty pointless to even bother with.

Some of that is to spread your squad around a bit, not just concentrating on one dude. It's pretty easy to level up the rest of your squad to make them a better effective fighting force, but yeah later on you'll have to start tuning it up by taking them out into MP for more xp.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It's the lunge that pisses me off, and their health is crazy. Too strong for how easy they are to get.

I like the cranked mode, fast paced.

Liking this game way more than blops 2

Cranked is a highlight for me so far, loving it.

yup the maps are so huge its not even funny, the ice one with the town and ship might be the biggest one I think or the stone castle one with the huge satellite , the grass one .

free fall is fun since its small

infected is still fun so overall it'll tide me nicely for a few months .

OK, starting to get used to this game.
Using MSBS (3-round burst rifle), silencer and thermal scope. It helps to spot out enemies on large maps, and on smaller ones I just switch the scope to its close-range mode.
Don't really like that switching is done by pressing R3 though. I press it accidentally during firefights and get killed. If I remember right, in MW3 it was done by dpad.
Still getting shot out of nowhere, but at least I get 15-20 kills per match.

kilongs

The challenges have to be in your list of 5 challenges under the "operations" button for you to be able to complete them and get the unlocks. It's a pretty annoying system.

Is this really the case? I've earned several patches/unlocks for challenges that are not in the Operations list of 5. In fact when I go into the Operations menu and select one of the current 5 challenges, it will bring up a list of more challenges in that category. Several of those show that I've already completed them.

SmokeMaxX

As a huge Search and Destroy fan...I hate Search and Rescue. The whole revival aspect kills it for me. I like to snipe, and trying to get a dog-tag from halfway across the map is suicidal. I've gotten 8 kills and wound up with 200 points one match because downed enemies would be revived. UUGGHH.. /rant

While I agree that SnD >>>>>>>> SnR, I think that SnR balances the CQC guns in the large maps. Get a kill with a shotgun or SMG and be ready to pickup the tag to confirm the kill. Get a kill with a sniper and be prepared to kill everyone trying to deny the kill or have them constantly be revived.

Captain N

I'm pretty terrible at this game. what are the best guns / perks to start off with when playing or being new/awful?

prag16

Banned
Really? They actually lowered the health? That doesn't sound good.

They MAY have lowered it slightly, but if that guy thinks it's the same as BO2 hardcore, he didn't play much BO2 hardcore. BO2 hardcore was 2 bullets for any gun at any range I think. In Ghosts no automatic weapons take 2, and they can take up to 5 or 6 at long range.

Top Bottom