• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Grover Cleveland
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:32 PM)
Grover Cleveland's Avatar


Per SMS

Today, Slightly Mad Studios are proud to announce that crowd-powered, AAA racing title Project CARS will be coming to three further gaming platforms in 2014.

Both Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles will see Project CARS racing onto them during 2014 as gaming enters the next generation with new benchmarks of graphical fidelity and technical power becoming possible and Project CARS aiming to set a new standard for virtual racing for motorsports and car fans around the world.

Furthermore, Project CARS will also be coming to Valve’s Steam OS, extending an existing partnership with Steam that has already allowed tens of thousands of WMD members the ability to download and play builds of the game during its development and allow specific multiplayer and social features that are only possible using this unique platform.

This is one of the first games officially announced for Steam OS, I believe.
Majanew
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:33 PM)
Majanew's Avatar
Awesome. Some competition for Forza and GT. I've been wanting to try PCars.
KINGofCRA5H
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:34 PM)
KINGofCRA5H's Avatar
Cool.
PandaPedinte
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:34 PM)
PandaPedinte's Avatar
Nice!
angular graphics
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:35 PM)
angular graphics's Avatar
Linux but no Mac?
shinobi602
(11-06-2013, 05:35 PM)
shinobi602's Avatar
Awesome.
Wubby
(11-06-2013, 05:36 PM)
Wubby's Avatar
But I want it now. :-(
Xater
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:36 PM)
Xater's Avatar
That's cool.

They are still aiming for the Wii U? I thought they would have dropped that with the support of PS3/360.
Stop It
Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
(11-06-2013, 05:37 PM)
Stop It's Avatar
Nice.

Been holding off playing the beta a bit too much as I want to enjoy it fully upon release but I'm confident the game will deliver.
scitek
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:37 PM)
scitek's Avatar
I'm interested to see how the Wii U version will stack up, especially with digital triggers.
ComputerMKII
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:38 PM)
ComputerMKII's Avatar
Is it arcade or simulation?
Addnan
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:38 PM)
Addnan's Avatar

Originally Posted by ComputerMKII

Is it arcade or simulation?

Simulation.
MiniBossBattle
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:38 PM)
MiniBossBattle's Avatar
PS4 for me unless my G27 doesn't work. Then I would go PC
_machine
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:39 PM)
_machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xater

That's cool.

They are still aiming for the Wii U? I thought they would have dropped that with the support of PS3/360.

Wii U is still being developed and it's apparently compiling on the platform too so they aren't dropping it just yet (there's a bit of a debate about it's sales though, so we'll still see), whilst the "cross-gen" versions would probably spread the team too wide apart and the launch is probably too late for it to be effective on those platforms.
maquiladora
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:39 PM)
maquiladora's Avatar
Nice.
Racer1977
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:40 PM)
Excellent news, should give both PD and T10 a kick up the backside.
EdwardTivrusky
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:42 PM)
EdwardTivrusky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xater

That's cool.

They are still aiming for the Wii U? I thought they would have dropped that with the support of PS3/360.

I hope not, i was planning on buying PCars for Wii U. It's still a fair way away yet though so who knows what can happen.
Pharaoh 117
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:42 PM)
Pharaoh 117's Avatar
Already playing it on PC, will stay on PC. Good news for X1 and PS4.
plank
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:42 PM)
plank's Avatar

Originally Posted by scitek

I'm interested to see how the Wii U version will stack up, especially with digital triggers.

How was racing sims before driving with analog triggers became the preferred norm?
Espada
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:48 PM)
Espada's Avatar

Originally Posted by Racer1977

Excellent news, should give both PD and T10 a kick up the backside.

Which is something both devs seriously need. Glad to see Project Cars trying to reach more people.
Topsu
Banned
(11-06-2013, 05:50 PM)
I will be out of the army by then, yaaaayyy! Definitely looking forward to seeing this on the PS4.
ComputerMKII
Member
(11-06-2013, 05:51 PM)
ComputerMKII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Addnan

Simulation.

Well, there goes my interest for the game.
_machine
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:38 PM)
_machine's Avatar
Not the biggest thing for me (I can stand 30fps in almost all games), but it's going to be 60fps on the next gen console versus the planned 30fps on the current gen consoles.

Resolution wise though, I'm guessing XB1 will have a hard time reaching 1080p due to it using a heavily deferred renderer.
Last edited by _machine; 11-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
rockmanjoe
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:40 PM)
rockmanjoe's Avatar
Very happy for the Linux support!
Darkologia
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:41 PM)
Darkologia's Avatar
am i the only who sees that Wii U logo and was like "wow" ?
patientx
Junior Member
(11-06-2013, 07:48 PM)
patientx's Avatar
What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ? They are far into its development already had a video of the game running on wiiu about a year ago (I think) too.. XB1 , PS4 will be easier because they can use PC assets easily with these two. Wii U also somewhat has similar hardware considering they are all amd cpu's and graphics cards ... Just a lower Image Quality.
_machine
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:50 PM)
_machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by patientx

What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ? They are far into its development already had a video of the game running on wiiu about a year ago (I think) too.. XB1 , PS4 will be easier because they can use PC assets easily with these two. Wii U also somewhat has similar hardware considering they are all amd cpu's and graphics cards ... Just a lower Image Quality.

Yeah, it's not that surprising given that they only got a few people working on it,but still the sales projections aren't anything magical.

As for the architecture, it's actually quite different from the new hardware of XB1 or PS4, but their engine programmer worked on the NFS:MW WiiU port and the pCARS port seems to be going well.
sflufan
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:51 PM)
sflufan's Avatar
I LOVE that SteamOS is now separate from PC ;)
funkystudent
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:53 PM)
funkystudent's Avatar
Cool.

Can anyone who has played it say if this any good or not? The shift games didnt click with me.
patientx
Junior Member
(11-06-2013, 07:55 PM)
patientx's Avatar

Originally Posted by _machine

Yeah, it's not that surprising given that they only got a few people working on it,but still the sales projections aren't anything magical.

As for the architecture, it's actually quite different from the new hardware of XB1 or PS4, but their engine programmer worked on the NFS:MW WiiU port and the pCARS port seems to be going well.

Oh, NFS:WiiU developer ? I have higher hopes for this game now.
_machine
Member
(11-06-2013, 07:56 PM)
_machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Cool.

Can anyone who has played it say if this any good or not? The shift games didnt click with me.

Been there right from the start and whilst there are some rough patches to iron and lots of features to be implemented, I've been really happy with the development and some of the physics are really about to get in the zone. I'll definitely be buying pretty much all racing games next gen at some point, but at the moment I'm guessing this and Assetto Corsa will be my go to games whilst I'll probably enjoy GT6 for what it is for a while.

Originally Posted by patientx

Oh, NFS:WiiU developer ? I have higher hopes for this game now.

Partly yeah, Martin Griffiths handled the render side of NFS:MW WiiU and is the titled PC Render Coder on pCARS, but he's also currently working on the WiiU version.
heyf00L
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:04 PM)
heyf00L's Avatar

Originally Posted by sflufan

I LOVE that SteamOS is now separate from PC ;)

That is nice. And it also appears some people are making games for it!
Protein
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:05 PM)
Protein's Avatar
Post the GIFs please.
beast786
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:07 PM)
beast786's Avatar
FantASTIC
shandy706
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:09 PM)
shandy706's Avatar
More sim racing. No complaints here. Will go PC for the mods.
Tchetil
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:10 PM)
Tchetil's Avatar
Nice! Already have it on PC, great game so far, just needs a better selection of cars, which I'm sure it will have by the time it launches.
Jaded Alyx
(11-06-2013, 08:12 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkologia

am i the only who sees that Wii U logo and was like "wow" ?

Maybe? It was announced for Wii U a long, long time ago.
Xanadu
Banned
(11-06-2013, 08:12 PM)
Xanadu's Avatar

Originally Posted by ComputerMKII

Is it arcade or simulation?

simulation, but not too hardcore
VanWinkle
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:13 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar
That's awesome!
BPoole
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:14 PM)
BPoole's Avatar
Glad they're leaving 7th gen consoles out
_machine
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:20 PM)
_machine's Avatar





Well, there's a few.
Addnan
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:21 PM)
Addnan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Watevaman

The AI can really handle the Nurburgring:

.
rhoq
Junior Member
(11-06-2013, 08:25 PM)
rhoq's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Maybe? It was announced for Wii U a long, long time ago.

Yeah, but that was before the Wii U even launched.

In a time where the system is in desperate need of third party support, it's nice to see that the Wii U version is has not been abandoned.
GrizzleBoy
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:30 PM)
If I was waiting for a proper racer on PS4, I'd take this over Drive Club in a heartbeat.
Wynnebeck
Banned
(11-06-2013, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy

If I was waiting for a proper racer on PS4, I'd take this over Drive Club in a heartbeat.

Or maybe you can buy both as they are in no way going after the same type of racing fan?
shandy706
Member
(11-06-2013, 08:35 PM)
shandy706's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wynnebeck

Or maybe you can buy both as they are in no way going after the same type of racing fan?

Agreed if you like both styles. I'm guessing by "proper" he meant "simish".

Some sim fans don't like arcade racers.
Tehalemi
Member
(11-06-2013, 09:18 PM)
Tehalemi's Avatar
Said it long ago in another thread, I'll buy the Wii U version for gamepad features + Steam Machine(or whenever I can get a rig. Depends on price and which one is available to me first.) to make my future PC rig cry >:D



Vrooom! :3
SpecialAgentZ
Member
(11-06-2013, 10:00 PM)
SpecialAgentZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhoq

Yeah, but that was before the Wii U even launched.

In a time where the system is in desperate need of third party support, it's nice to see that the Wii U version is has not been abandoned.

If I remember correctly, there were some screenshots showing a car with Nintendo logo on it.
Maybe Nintendo paid for a Wii U version.

--

Found it http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii...ARS-41448.html
Hero of Legend
Member
(11-06-2013, 10:00 PM)
Hero of Legend's Avatar
First game to be only on Wii U, PS4, and Xbone as far as consoles go right?
syko de4d
Member
(11-06-2013, 10:02 PM)
syko de4d's Avatar
will buy it just because it will have Oculus Rift support on PC ^^

Thread Tools