• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chorazin
Member
(12-09-2013, 06:27 PM)
Chorazin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Melchiah

Reading through the OP again, I noticed this:


I preordered the game, but got none of those. Was that offer only for a certain region/store or what? It wouldn't be the first time the local store screwed these things up though.

That's the Shadow Pack pre-order DLC, if your retailer was offering it you should have gotten a code.

I didn't preorder the game and I'm sad I'll never get that stuff, unless they sell it down the line. :(
Melchiah
Member
(12-09-2013, 06:32 PM)
Melchiah's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chorazin

That's the Shadow Pack pre-order DLC, if your retailer was offering it you should have gotten a code.

I didn't preorder the game and I'm sad I'll never get that stuff, unless they sell it down the line. :(

Damn. There was no mention of it on their website. Hopefully you can buy the soundtrack separately.
SimpleGamer
Member
(12-09-2013, 07:44 PM)
SimpleGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

I've never played a Killzone game before aside from Liberation, but I think Shadowfall is the worst fucking campaign I have ever seen in a shooter. I had more fun with Colonial Marines than this. My brother's been playing through the story mode first and since he didn't bother with any collectibles I thought "well maybe I'll try and get those for an easy trophy while I play it myself".

Play Chapter 2, find one collectible. Look online for a guide and discover that they're hidden in the most stupid, inane places possible for no reason whatsoever. Try the chapter again and get forced to replay the same section three times because they placed one of the collectibles on a rock surrounded by insta-kill water that can only be reached by dropping on it from a zipline. Doesn't help that the level itself was boring too.

I'm now playing Chapter 3 and extremely tempted to just cut my losses and quit. I've got the gamma up on the highest setting and I still can't see shit, I spend half the time trying to figure out where I am and what I'm supposed to do since everything looks the same, and on top of all that the one fight I've gotten into so far was taken care of by simply sending my OWL into the room and hiding behind a wall. On Normal difficulty.

You got to be trolling.
Raoh
Member
(12-09-2013, 08:13 PM)
Raoh's Avatar
FInished it the other day. Sans extra mission post credits.

Meh. I've played worse. But definitely played better. I'm semi done with the series.

I loved Killzone 2 especially with the weighted feel, screw the haters. Killzone 3 was pretty but not nearly as gritty and fun as 2, and shadow fall would have probably been better as a swan song shooter on the PS3. As a PS3 game it would have probably been received better because technically, there is nothing wrong with Shadow Fall but it is a mediocre launch title.

Gameplay is SOLID but not groundbreaking, the story and characters are bleh.

Resistance 3 would have been a better launch title.

Online was meh too. I like Blacklight Retribution better and picked up Battlefield 4 in hopes that its at least close to Bad Company 2.

I like Guerilla Games but there is something lacking in their formula that keeps them from greatness. Get a better writing team and go back to the magic of Killzone 2.

And for gods sake make your main character taller.
Melchiah
Member
(12-09-2013, 11:54 PM)
Melchiah's Avatar
I'm beginning to hate the fucking game...

- Most of the larger/longer encounters, where you're stuck in an area, have no proper cover, so you can be flanked from all directions.
- The checkpoint is always in the beginning of the section.
- There's no option to change the difficulty mid-game, which is just absurd nowadays.
- The Pnv06 Voltage fails to fire every now and then.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(12-09-2013, 11:58 PM)
NullPointer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Melchiah

I preordered the game, but got none of those. Was that offer only for a certain region/store or what? It wouldn't be the first time the local store screwed these things up though.

I got everything there with my PS4/Killzone bundle except for the soundtrack. Still wonder how to go about acquiring that.
nib95
Member
(12-10-2013, 12:02 AM)
nib95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Melchiah

I'm beginning to hate the fucking game...

- Most of the larger/longer encounters, where you're stuck in an area, have no proper cover, so you can be flanked from all directions.
- The checkpoint is always in the beginning of the section.
- There's no option to change the difficulty mid-game, which is just absurd nowadays.
- The Pnv06 Voltage fails to fire every now and then.

You almost always have proper cover unless you're completely in the open. Any object to one side of you plus your OWL shield. Alternatively send the OWL out in Attack mode to act as a decoy and run away to proper cover. Also, keep using your scan ability (hold it so it almost reaches the end of the charge bar, or fully reaches the end if you've already been spotted), and you can constantly keep track of your enemies, even before they get to you.
Grinchy
Member
(12-10-2013, 12:32 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Melchiah

- There's no option to change the difficulty mid-game, which is just absurd nowadays.
- The Pnv06 Voltage fails to fire every now and then.

I haven't actually tried this, but can't you just do a chapter select and choose your own difficulty? Or does chapter select not open up until you've beaten the game? If it's already open, you could just select your current chapter at a lower difficulty.

The Voltage feels like it fails to shoot, but it doesn't. It's either that you didn't hold the trigger down long enough or it needed to be reloaded. I thought the same thing multiple times with it but then I realized I just wasn't holding the trigger down.
Melchiah
Member
(12-10-2013, 01:05 AM)
Melchiah's Avatar

Originally Posted by nib95

You almost always have proper cover unless you're completely in the open. Any object to one side of you plus your OWL shield. Alternatively send the OWL out in Attack mode to act as a decoy and run away to proper cover. Also, keep using your scan ability (hold it so it almost reaches the end of the charge bar, or fully reaches the end if you've already been spotted), and you can constantly keep track of your enemies, even before they get to you.

Ah, I somehow completely forgot to use the OWL shield, and the scan in the heat of the action. =/ Thanks for the reminder. Anyways, there are plenty of areas where you're an open target from one or two directions even behind a cover. I'm just so fed up with the section I'm stuck in, that I'm going to try it tomorrow with a bazooka, as it was available in the huge weapon room before the encounter in Chapter 9.


Originally Posted by Grinchy

I haven't actually tried this, but can't you just do a chapter select and choose your own difficulty? Or does chapter select not open up until you've beaten the game? If it's already open, you could just select your current chapter at a lower difficulty.

The Voltage feels like it fails to shoot, but it doesn't. It's either that you didn't hold the trigger down long enough or it needed to be reloaded. I thought the same thing multiple times with it but then I realized I just wasn't holding the trigger down.

I might try tomorrow, whether I can changed the difficulty level via chapter select, although I'm not really fond of the idea of starting the chapter from the beginning.

It certainly didn't need to be reloaded, as the clip was almost full. Worked fine first, but right after I used the EMP grenade it stopped firing. It happened several times. I might have pushed the trigger too lightly few times, as I have nerve damage in the right arm which lessens the sense of touch, but I'm quite sure that didn't happen every time it stopped responding.


EDIT:

Originally Posted by NullPointer

I got everything there with my PS4/Killzone bundle except for the soundtrack. Still wonder how to go about acquiring that.

I googled info about the soundtrack few hours ago, and apparently its release has been postponed for some reason.
Last edited by Melchiah; 12-10-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Troubleman1990
Banned
(12-10-2013, 01:07 AM)
Got this for free basically will try to sell it or trade it in for 40$ credit
I'm just not into FPS games tried multiplayer and I was still unmoved.
I really hope that the FPS craze doesn't plagues this gen like it did the last one.
Joeki11a
Banned
(12-10-2013, 01:07 AM)
worst idea ever was to rush KZ for Launch

they should of delay it until Fall 2014
Number45
Member
(12-10-2013, 01:30 AM)
Number45's Avatar
Can't say I disagree with the general consensus that the campaign isn't very good, as I sit here watching the credits roll (very slowly). Some of the locations are beautiful, but the acting and characters are genuinely terrible and the introduction of variety (for the sake of it), apparently) makes the game lose all focus as a shooting based experience. There's nothing of the epic feel of the KZ2 campaign here, and it even falls short of KZ3. :(

Will maybe try the MP tomorrow night. If that doesn't appeal... does anyone know if GAME in the UK are taking the console bundled version as a trade offering?
henhowc
(12-10-2013, 01:50 AM)
henhowc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joeki11a

worst idea ever was to rush KZ for Launch

they should of delay it until Fall 2014

why? this series isn't a system seller. they will hopefully have the real AAA titles ready for Fall 2014
netBuff
Member
(12-10-2013, 04:53 AM)
netBuff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grinchy

I haven't actually tried this, but can't you just do a chapter select and choose your own difficulty? Or does chapter select not open up until you've beaten the game? If it's already open, you could just select your current chapter at a lower difficulty.

Yes, this is possible.
BloodMoney
Member
(12-10-2013, 05:10 AM)
BloodMoney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grinchy

I haven't actually tried this, but can't you just do a chapter select and choose your own difficulty? Or does chapter select not open up until you've beaten the game? If it's already open, you could just select your current chapter at a lower difficulty.

Once you beat a chapter you can replay it on any difficulty. I've been running a train on Chapter 2 & 4. Pistol head shots like a boss.

A friend of mine came over on Sunday to check the game out. I booted him up into chapter 2 and let him lose. Was fun to watch someone else enjoy the game and get blown away by the visuals.

I truly do not understand all the hate this game is getting. It's like people would rather bitch about something than enjoy it.
Last edited by BloodMoney; 12-10-2013 at 05:12 AM.
super-famicom
Member
(12-10-2013, 06:20 AM)
super-famicom's Avatar
Have you guys stopped to listen to the NPC conversations in this game? There's an interesting one when you are in New Helghan (Chapter 5). Security guards are talking about gun rights and one of them says the government should be less strict with gun laws and that things would be safer if everyone, including his wife and grandmother, carried guns. I had a good laugh when I heard that.

And regarding replaying chapters: I'm currently on my first playthrough (on Normal) and reached Chapter 8. I want to grab collectibles and do stuff needed for trophies in earlier chapters. If I go back to previous chapters and play on Easy, can I go back to my latest chapter, continue on Normal, and have the game recognize that I completed a Normal playthrough? I want to get all the SP trophies in as few playthroughs as possible.
leng jai
Member
(12-10-2013, 06:30 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
What I don't get is why they chose to take the campaign in a direction that doesn't emphasis the franchise's strengths. Killzone's forte was always in its gunplay, visual effects, chaotic battles and sound design. With the way Shadowfall transpires most of that is lost or severely weakened.
Fl1pp13
Junior Member
(12-10-2013, 06:44 AM)
Fl1pp13's Avatar
I just finished Killzone: Shadow Fall and must say I quite enjoyed it. Especially the first couple of chapters were good in my opinion. I'd much rather have the entire game take place in the VSA-side of Vekta.
Cubed
Member
(12-10-2013, 06:52 AM)
Cubed's Avatar
I've really had a blast going through trying to get all of the collectibles. I've played chapters 2 and 3 about 6 times each. Still loving the game. Playing through chapters numerous times gives me many chances to play with the OWL and enemy AI. It truly is a much better game than most are giving it credit for.
MiamiWesker
(12-10-2013, 07:37 AM)
MiamiWesker's Avatar
I just finished the campaign, who ever designed the last few levels should rethink what they do in life. Its a stringing together of the worst possible scenarios for a game like this.

Then there is the story which is just, im speechless. Its almost Killzone 3 levels of plain stupidity.

Multiplayer is great at least.
super-famicom
Member
(12-11-2013, 01:45 AM)
super-famicom's Avatar
I played Chapter 7 for the first time on Sunday, did the free fall section flawlessly the first time, then died because I didn't land on the platform exactly where the game wanted me to. Then I died a few more times before succeeding. It wasn't so bad but frustrating. I'd rather have that section be a cool cutscene.

Then I had a dumb checkpoint save later on in the chapter on the cargo container escort in zero gravity. When I reached the checkpoint, the container had taken a lot of damage. The container blew up and the game restarted me at the checkpoint, only to restart over and over because the container was in the process of blowing up at the start of that checkpoint.. It was so dumb that I laughed and restarted the section.
velociraptor
Junior Member
(12-11-2013, 07:52 PM)
velociraptor's Avatar
Been playing the campaign for the past hour. Doesn't seem too bad if you ask me.

On a side note, wow at the visuals. I can't quite believe how good this game looks.

#nextgenishere
BadAss2961
Member
(12-12-2013, 12:28 AM)
BadAss2961's Avatar
Just finished the SP. lol at the hate, people really have no clue. This was a solid slow paced stealthy FPS. The ending was very well done.

Echo was awesome. If there's another Shadow Fall type Killzone, she should obviously be the face of it. Hell, she should probably be the main character even if it's KZ4.
shadow101
Banned
(12-12-2013, 12:33 AM)
I only hated the start on the campaign. The cheesy start, loved everything else. It was varied and decent pacing.

The graphics are fantastic.

Compared it to Call of Duty Ghost and laugh. I bet the call of duty will not surpass Killzone graphics this whole generation.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(12-12-2013, 12:34 AM)
chubigans's Avatar

Originally Posted by MiamiWesker

I just finished the campaign, who ever designed the last few levels should rethink what they do in life. Its a stringing together of the worst possible scenarios for a game like this.

It was weird. I don't know what to make of any of it.
BadAss2961
Member
(12-12-2013, 12:41 AM)
BadAss2961's Avatar

Originally Posted by chubigans

It was weird. I don't know what to make of any of it.

Which parts? I went through all of chapter 9 without dying once.
Nathan_Drake
Member
(12-12-2013, 12:46 AM)
Nathan_Drake's Avatar
Forced myself to finish it today. This game is like a hot blonde. All looks and no brains. There were some difficult spots at the end but the main guy was stupid easy. I really had no idea what the story line was the whole time. Maybe that's why they had that ending. Not enjoyable other than eye candy. Thankfully BB is going to give me 40 in trade in tomorrow. Meh meh meh
tha_devil
Member
(12-12-2013, 01:08 AM)
tha_devil's Avatar
I loved killzone 2, it was really my favorite shooter from last gen. And i thought killzone 3 was a pretty good follow up.

I played the first 4 chapters and than started AC black flag (which i loved). So i thought the game was pretty decent and after finishing AC i started killzone again, im now at chapter 9 but damn it went downhill fast. The flying, no gravity levels etc. are just awful. The guns are kinda meh to, i really miss my killzone 2 guns!

Good things
- the graphics look great
- owl

Bad things
- bad level design
- weird objectives
- not a single memorable encounter
- soso gunplay
- whats with all the jumping around and finding where to go next
- no cover
- no awsome intro
- bad characters (visari and radec are missed).

I hate polygon for giving kz a 5, but they might be right after all.

Have not touched MP yet though.
sunnz
Member
(12-12-2013, 01:11 AM)
sunnz's Avatar
Yea the SP defiantly lacks that feeling KZ2 had.

KZ2 looked and played like a high quality AAA game.

KZ SF looks high quality but the game ( characters, mission structure, how it progresses, pretty much everything) is defiantly low in quality compared to KZ2.

Such a shame but the MP is very very good so meh.
mcfrank
Member
(12-12-2013, 04:49 AM)
mcfrank's Avatar
This game really falls apart at the end. I have not really played any of the previous games, but after the first few levels I was really thinking this game was fantastic and couldn't understand the bad reviews... Then I got to the last few missions and the hate all started to make sense. Putting cores into slots... Really? Ugh. It was a chore to get through the last half. It is like it was designed by two different teams.
ron_bato
Member
(12-12-2013, 08:53 AM)
ron_bato's Avatar

Originally Posted by mcfrank

This game really falls apart at the end. I have not really played any of the previous games, but after the first few levels I was really thinking this game was fantastic and couldn't understand the bad reviews... Then I got to the last few missions and the hate all started to make sense. Putting cores into slots... Really? Ugh. It was a chore to get through the last half. It is like it was designed by two different teams.

Yeah, that or they ran out of time. I am at the middle of chapter 8 now, and the fun noticeably dropped around end chapter 7 and continues to chapter 8. It didn't ruin the game for me or anything, but I understand where the negativity comes from. At least they tried something different, hopefully they learn something from this game.

The atmosphere is pretty bad ass though, the audio is nice, though audio logs for the controller didn't work as well for me (thought it was cool though -- but never got to pay attention to it). Anyway, SP campaign thus far feels like a 7/7.5 to me. If the rest of chapter 8 and the last chapter(s?) continues to be a drag, then I don't know.

Tried a bit of MP, and it's really smooth and it is fun. I'm a bit of a noob so I guess I should just stick with it and learn.
RaikuHebi
Banned
(12-12-2013, 09:56 AM)
I'm on Chapter 7 now.

Something about this game screams unfulfilled potential. It's not shit enough to be considered a shit game, but it's no Uncharted of course. It's like in this weird middle where it has been given enough polish and production to look nice and shiny (I don't just mean graphics, but the whole package), but it just isn't taken anywhere interesting.

For example the escape from prison could've been a bit more open and mazey, down to the player to find where he is going to a certain extent (though I found the Morpheus style instructions cool).

Then there was the bit where a woman's husband was dying and I offered him an adrenaline pack. That was kind of cool, I decided to risk the next battle because I didn't want this digital person to die. But it just came and went (and then they throw a few adrenaline packs at you anyway), and it makes you think what else they could've come up with if they did more of that.

The story and characters have been awful, but the premise of the wall is a good one.

Reminds me of FFXIII in this sense.

I'll give GG credit on mixing up the gameplay. I would've lost attention long ago if every mission was a corridor shootfest. At least there has been stealthy bits, sniper bits, controlling robots, slight platformy bits, open areas, floaty bits etc.
Last edited by RaikuHebi; 12-12-2013 at 09:58 AM.
bunbun777
Member
(12-12-2013, 10:19 AM)
bunbun777's Avatar
Best the game on normal and am now going through it on hard and grabbing collectibles, allows me to appreciate things a bit more. Actually am enjoying it more the second time, audio logs and such flesh out the story a tiny bit. Story itself is a bit subdued for my taste but still serviceable. Only have played a few mp games but it really helps to not rush most of the time, at least for me getting used to the maps. Looks great of course.
gamerforever
Member
(12-12-2013, 10:21 AM)
gamerforever's Avatar
Only game on my PS4 (apart from the PSN titles) and it looks stunning!

Really need another game as I am playing on my PS3 far more at the moment!

Fifa 14 worth it?
RaikuHebi
Banned
(12-12-2013, 10:31 AM)

Originally Posted by gamerforever

Only game on my PS4 (apart from the PSN titles) and it looks stunning!

Really need another game as I am playing on my PS3 far more at the moment!

Fifa 14 worth it?

ACIV. That's next on my list after KZ.
mcfrank
Member
(12-12-2013, 04:26 PM)
mcfrank's Avatar

Originally Posted by RaikuHebi

I'm on Chapter 7 now.

Something about this game screams unfulfilled potential. It's not shit enough to be considered a shit game, but it's no Uncharted of course. It's like in this weird middle where it has been given enough polish and production to look nice and shiny (I don't just mean graphics, but the whole package), but it just isn't taken anywhere interesting.

For example the escape from prison could've been a bit more open and mazey, down to the player to find where he is going to a certain extent (though I found the Morpheus style instructions cool).

Then there was the bit where a woman's husband was dying and I offered him an adrenaline pack. That was kind of cool, I decided to risk the next battle because I didn't want this digital person to die. But it just came and went (and then they throw a few adrenaline packs at you anyway), and it makes you think what else they could've come up with if they did more of that.

The story and characters have been awful, but the premise of the wall is a good one.

Reminds me of FFXIII in this sense.

I'll give GG credit on mixing up the gameplay. I would've lost attention long ago if every mission was a corridor shootfest. At least there has been stealthy bits, sniper bits, controlling robots, slight platformy bits, open areas, floaty bits etc.

I shot every single citizen in the head with my pistol during this section (I know, whats wrong with me) and the game never even mentioned it. Very immersion breaking.
BadlyCookedTurkey
Member
(12-12-2013, 06:41 PM)
BadlyCookedTurkey's Avatar
There was an update for this?
alterno69
Junior Member
(12-12-2013, 07:42 PM)
alterno69's Avatar
Finally finished this two days ago, man that ending was terrible. They need to hire a decent director for all the story stuff. Nothing ever happens that feels important, there's stuff supossed to leave an impact ln the plaer but the delivery is always awful, this has been a constant in the series but it's much worse here. The transition from story but to mission and from mission to mission is also pretty janky. As a whole i think the team dpes a great job technically and artistically but they eeally need help in the storytelling aspect.

I did enjoy my time with the game but the amateur feel of the story and the way it's told left a pretty bad impression on me.
Zen
Member
(12-12-2013, 07:46 PM)
Zen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

I've never played a Killzone game before aside from Liberation, but I think Shadowfall is the worst fucking campaign I have ever seen in a shooter. I had more fun with Colonial Marines than this. My brother's been playing through the story mode first and since he didn't bother with any collectibles I thought "well maybe I'll try and get those for an easy trophy while I play it myself".

Play Chapter 2, find one collectible. Look online for a guide and discover that they're hidden in the most stupid, inane places possible for no reason whatsoever. Try the chapter again and get forced to replay the same section three times because they placed one of the collectibles on a rock surrounded by insta-kill water that can only be reached by dropping on it from a zipline. Doesn't help that the level itself was boring too.

I'm now playing Chapter 3 and extremely tempted to just cut my losses and quit. I've got the gamma up on the highest setting and I still can't see shit, I spend half the time trying to figure out where I am and what I'm supposed to do since everything looks the same, and on top of all that the one fight I've gotten into so far was taken care of by simply sending my OWL into the room and hiding behind a wall. On Normal difficulty.

Good troll?
Cubed
Member
(12-12-2013, 07:47 PM)
Cubed's Avatar
Finally found all the collectibles. Now it's time to spend time exclusively with the multiplayer. Still loving this game. I put about 25 hours into the game just through the single player (one full playthrough, collectible hunting, and just replaying the best levels for fun).
brandonh83
(12-12-2013, 07:51 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar
Getting a PS4 in a few weeks (yesss) but this game seems very very divisive. It's pretty, but based on impressions is this pretty much the PS4's Perfect Dark Zero?
Katana_Strikes
Member
(12-12-2013, 07:55 PM)
Katana_Strikes's Avatar
Finished the single campaign last night and overall... it wasn't very good... at all. I maybe enjoyed 2 levels tops. It was a frustrating experience throughout. The anti gravity levels weren't fun and there was no need for them. That awful dark lvl (Chap 3?) was a pain to navigate. The crumbling buildings level was annoying to navigate and not enjoyable to play. The "boss" was a joke. The last, last level was terrible. Didn't have a clue what was happening or what I was doing here. I don't think I could replay it because I didn't have a good time playing through it. I will now try multiplayer and hope it's good fun though. Oh OWL was great however.

What I will praise though and the only thing that was worth playing the single player missions for was the graphics. I was blown away by most of it. Truly incredible and definitely made the feeling that next gen had arrived. The textures, the lighting, effects were all absolutely amazing to see. I couldn't praise the graphics enough. And if this is the beginning I can only imagine what we'll see going forward.
Zen
Member
(12-12-2013, 07:56 PM)
Zen's Avatar
Huh, I loved the anti grav level.
STA_DMAmul
Junior Member
(12-12-2013, 07:59 PM)
STA_DMAmul's Avatar
I just finished chapter 7 (post patch) so the free fall was fine, passed it on my first try.

The game is definitely rough around the edges in many spots, but I think that's because the game doesn't do a good job of guiding players in how to use the owl for various situations. Now that I'm using the OWL often the game is way more fun, so I'm actually looking forward to play early levels using the OWL.
Rogue_Ledr
what am I doin halp
(12-12-2013, 08:03 PM)
Rogue_Ledr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joeki11a

worst idea ever was to rush KZ for Launch

they should of delay it until Fall 2014

Dude, what would they have had for the system's launch then?

Sure, the game was clearly rushed, but they had no choice. They needed games.
Clarkus Darkus
Member
(12-12-2013, 08:04 PM)
Clarkus Darkus's Avatar

Originally Posted by gamerforever

Only game on my PS4 (apart from the PSN titles) and it looks stunning!

Really need another game as I am playing on my PS3 far more at the moment!

Fifa 14 worth it?

As someone that hadn't played Fifa since 11 I can safely recommend fifa 14 on ps4, It's really good and the gameplay is none too shabby, Unlocking classic kits is fun, I don't play UT im more Career mode so id give it a go as im enjoying it as the less said about pes 2014 the better, I just hope Konami up they're game for next gen as the lack of depth in pes 2014 was astounding.
Griss
Member
(12-12-2013, 08:05 PM)
Griss's Avatar
I feel no need to sugar-coat it... I'm stuck in Chapter 8 and pretty sure I'm done with the game. It's the worst single player game I have played in years and years. I keep a spreadsheet with everything I play in it organized by platform (homershoutsnerd.gif) and going back through the last couple of years there has been nothing this bad.

I could go into details... the AI, the lack of signposting of interactable objects, the insta-kill level designs, the story... it would have been mediocre in the PS2 era. Now it's just laughable. All that being said I don't really like shooters and wouldn't have bought the game if not for a bundle so I suppose I'm not the target market.

That glide section though... had me and my brother cracking up in laughter as the two of us died 30-50 times attempting to last 3 seconds in it with no guidance. I think we finally figured out that it didn't carry over our inverted controls, so we were unable to steer up correctly. It was side-splittingly funny game design, and definitely the only enjoyment I got out of the SP.

Multi's fun, though!
Maninthemirror
Member
(12-12-2013, 08:07 PM)
Maninthemirror's Avatar
Yeah if you want to make the game tough by not giving hints and no auto aim then make it good atleast
BattleMonkey
Member
(12-12-2013, 08:10 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ledr

Dude, what would they have had for the system's launch then?

Sure, the game was clearly rushed, but they had no choice. They needed games.

Yea sadly, especially with Drive Club being pushed back before launch. They needed exclusives at launch. This game needed more polish and focus group testing really to point out the obvious flaws. It also should not have been launched going up against Battlefield 4 and Cod:Ghosts at the exact same time.

And really did this game make any impact? Because PS4 did fine and it seems most people opted to buying BF4 or Ghosts instead.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(12-12-2013, 08:11 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

Yea sadly, especially with Drive Club being pushed back before launch. They needed exclusives at launch. This game needed more polish and focus group testing really to point out the obvious flaws. It also should not have been launched going up against Battlefield 4 and Cod:Ghosts at the exact same time.

And really did this game make any impact? Because PS4 did fine and it seems most people opted to buying BF4 or Ghosts instead.

It was the most preordered next gen exclusive game. It did fairly well.

Thread Tools