• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Philly40

Definitely going to be the first thing I play on the PS4 -

next thing will be to try it out via remote play on the Vita (admittedly any input lag may not suit this type of game, but I just want to see it on the OLED)

Do any older posters remember the William's Defender arcade cabinets? -
the insane speed of the game, the five buttons (five!! - compared to the one or two most other shmups had at the time), and the speaker system that drowned out all the other machines in the arcade?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
These two new uncompressed Gamersyde vids look almost like the real deal.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_resogun_dev_diary-31118_en.html

Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

btw good job OP, this is my kind of OT: doesn't feature walls of texts, but still has all the info/media you need.

lzIEtl8.gif

Agent X

I am very much looking forward to this game! Housemarque has a great reputation for high-quality downloadable games. Look at Super Stardust HD--over six years old, and it still stands tall and proud as one of PS3's finest games.

I'm happy to get Resogun right away at launch with my PlayStation Plus membership, but even if it wasn't a PS+ offering I'd probably have purchased it anyway.

nib95

Banned
Canot wait to play this. Indie or no indie, this is likely going to be one of the best games at launch.

Nice job on the OP Dinjooh

I kinda slept on this game despite all the glowing previews as shmups aren't really my thing, but I watched a couple more videos and it started to click with me.

I really like the mechanic of rescuing the humans amidst all that chaos for your upgrades. I'm looking forward to trying to convert some of my friends into playing co-op

Edit: I checked the OP and google and didn't find any mention of local co-op. Any word on if that's in or out?

IrishNinja

yup, this is my launch game right here! almost wish it had a box, but can't beat that price. hyped for launch SHMUPs!

Dinjooh

Nice job on the OP Dinjooh

I kinda slept on this game despite all the glowing previews as shmups aren't really my thing, but I watched a couple more videos and it started to click with me.

I really like the mechanic of rescuing the humans amidst all that chaos for your upgrades. I'm looking forward to trying to convert some of my friends into playing co-op

Edit: I checked the OP and google and didn't find any mention of local co-op. Any word on if that's in or out?

Thanks TheVisualizer.

There's only online co-op.

One of the guys from Housemarque who commented on this said that it wasn't possible on the same screen because of the cylindrical way they built it. You could be at two very different places at the same time. So why not split-screen? Well, they feel that this game deserves the full screen experience.

Thanks TheVisualizer.

There's only online co-op.

One of the guys from Housemarque who commented on this said that it wasn't possible on the same screen because of the cylindrical way they built it. You could be at two very different places at the same time. So why not split-screen? Well, they feel that this game deserves the full screen experience.

Thanx for the quick response

Steroyd

The wait is only going to get even more excruciating once US/Canada GAF start to post impressions, videos/screens using the share button, etc.

November 15th 2013.

For the 14 days proceeding this date, Steroyd shall forever curse the existance of the share button while standing in a puddle of his own bitter tears.

November 15th 2013.

For the 14 days proceeding this date, Steroyd shall forever curse the existance of the share button while standing in a puddle of his own bitter tears.

And I'll be right there beside you. Perhaps we can share a kit-kat....

Seriously, it's going to be very hard posting here from the 14th onwards without coming across as increasingly bitter and jealous as the days slowly countdown to the 29th...

Amir0x

Banned
Don't forget about Contrast. I have a feeling it's going to surprise a lot of people...

I made the thread for Contrast, I'm not forgetting hehe ;)

but for me, Resogun has to be my number one. It's in one of my favorite genres, it's 1080p@60fps, it's intense and crazy and beautiful.

Man that gamersyde Dev Diary is insane. It's making me antsy from the wait now lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
This have 3D support? Because this game, much like SSHD, would definitely look amazeballs in 3D.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Judging by these gifs I say it's full polygonal.

From PS Blog:

As the guys explained in the video, everything in Resogun is constructed from gazillions (too many to count) of 3D bricks/cubes, known as voxels.

Voxels aren’t particularly new, but it’s difficult and time consuming to build intricate structures with them, so designing the game worlds of Resogun has been a really interesting challenge.

Here are some images showing some test buildings that we created.

rabhw

If I don't have PS+ currently, but have a PS4 pre-ordered, will I get this game for free if I sign up for it shortly after I receive my console? Or do you need to be a subscriber before PS4 launch?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
If I don't have PS+ currently, but have a PS4 pre-ordered, will I get this game for free if I sign up for it shortly after I receive my console? Or do you need to be a subscriber before PS4 launch?
You can get it at any point while it's still a featured free game and isn't rotated out for something else. It's generally at least a month until this happens.

All PS4's came with a month of free PS+, so you can get it as soon as you switch on your PS4 and register.

I just got PS+ yesterday, but I won't be able to get a PS4 for several months probably. I know there's a way to start the download so that I can have Resogun whenever I get my PS4, but how exactly do I do that? Thank you ahead of time for taking the time to respond to this simple question.

Strider

I just got PS+ yesterday, but I won't be able to get a PS4 for several months probably. I know there's a way to start the download so that I can have Resogun whenever I get my PS4, but how exactly do I do that? Thank you ahead of time for taking the time to respond to this simple question.

This is what I normally do when I get a game but don't download it just yet.

Go to the Sony web store and after logging in (top right) search for the game. The website is:

Store.Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Search for the game you want to download (Resogun isn't in the store yet, but it will be come the 15th) and "purchase" it for the price of $0.00.

The game will now be attached to your PSN account. When you get your PS4 you'll be able to go to the PSN store on the console and check your purchase history and be able to download it from there.

Top Bottom