• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Twitch Team [No final decision done yet - S0N0S requesting GAFers]

FranXico

ATTENTION: Nothing is decided just yet, but S0N0S has started accepting registrations just in case.

From the PS4 Twitch streams thread:

I don't know if this is the most appropriate thread for this, but it's at least the most recent and relevant in order to get the discussion started.

I'm a partner and admin on Twitch, therefor I can create Twitch Teams. What if I were to make one for GAF? I already fired off a message to EviLore to get his blessing on this, but let's assume he approves and figure out the basic details now so I can get it setup by the end of the day, before the official PS4 launch.

Specifically I need a team name(such as NeoGAF), short team name(GAF) and URL(http://twitch.tv/team/neogaf) to create it. The rest, such as color, banner, and logo can come later. Membership would of course be open to all GAF members.

What's a Twitch Team? Here's the Twitch Admin Team I'm on, and there are many others.

If you are interested, you can register by quoting the post which is quoted below:

I suppose I can start collecting names and channels to add if/when the Team is up.

Quote this post for a link to a registration form for the Twitch Team.

UPDATE: Assets for our Twitch Team (if it is approved) are wanted. Let us all help out S0N0S, people.

Hey everyone! Just waiting on EviLore to respond to my message here on GAF and give the all clear before creating it.

In the meantime, I need assets!

1x Banner (Max 500k GIF, JPG or PNG. Banners must be exactly 640x125px)
1x Logo (Max 500k GIF, JPG or PNG. Non-square images will be cropped. Best images are at least 600x600px)
1x Background (Max 500k GIF, JPG or PNG. Any dimensions.)

Example Team page to show how each will be used: http://www.twitch.tv/team/thecrew

Would it be cool, or what?

How would you contribute to the GAF Team, fellow GAFfers?

Gritesh

This sounds pretty good, I've been wanting to get into streaming so I would totally be on board with this especially with how it's part of these next gen consoles making it easier to do

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Does this apply to juniors? Because if it does I'd definitely love to be part of this.

Edit: Just finished registration

Cynn

I'm in. I also have external equipment in case the PS4 quality is lacking. Will also be on Xbox One.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
With next gen streaming out of the box, getting some exposure like this sounds like a great oppurtunity, i'd totally do it.

This would actually be very cool. Seeing some Gaffers streaming would be nice. I would do it myself if my connection wasn't abysmal.

Ianan

I'll be down for that!
I managed to get partnered on Twitch a while ago but ain't streamed recently due to University. Home to one of the worst green screens on Twitch also

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh damn. I actually sent a request for a HaloGAF stream team back when teams were first announced for Twitch. I would definitely be interested in this.

Valnen

Registered. Can't promise I'll always be down for chatting, especially with voice, but I would like to stream.

S0N0S

Hey everyone! Just waiting on EviLore to respond to my message here on GAF and give the all clear before creating it.

1x Logo (Max 500k GIF, JPG or PNG. Non-square images will be cropped. Best images are at least 600x600px)
1x Background (Max 500k GIF, JPG or PNG. Any dimensions.)

Example Team page to show how each will be used: http://www.twitch.tv/team/thecrew

I think this would be cool. I'm thinking of giving Twitch a second shot soon, mostly because last time I tried it, my Internet was in the middle of some technical issues. I think they're sorted now.

8byte

Banned
Can you be a member of multiple teams? I'm trying to get my own "thing" off the ground, but I'd also love to participate within the GAF community!

Nugg

Easy. Done.

ibbuznV6VI7S5Y.png

Don't twitch streamers make money from ads? If so wouldn't evilore want a cut or be against this entirely? I just signed up for a twitch account last night so I still have no idea how all that works.

Stuart444

Registered myself (like I posted in the other thread).

With the wide variety of tastes on GAF, those who wish to watch streams will have a wide variety of games to watch I'm sure. :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So is this basically just like a group page, where streams from all members are available in one place? Is there any other purpose? Not saying that having a place to go for GAF streams isn't a good thing, not at all, just trying to understand exactly what being in a team means!

So is this basically just like a group page, where streams from all members are available in one place? Is there any other purpose? Not saying have a place to go for GAF streams isn't a good thing, not at all, just trying to understand exactly what being in a team means!

Sounds about right to me. I think on your personal stream it also says "John Caboose playing FIFA 14 for NeoGAF" where it currently says "John Caboose playing FIFA 14".

Top Bottom