• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Soriku
(11-14-2013, 06:18 PM)
http://www.gamingangels.com/2013/11/...ork-comic-con/

VB: Are there currently any Tales games in development for the Playstation 4? Will there ever be any plans to bring the series to X-Box One?

HB: Yes, we are currently in the very early phases of work for next generation Playstation titles! But we still have no plans to bring the series back to the X-Box, or X-Box One. We feel that our core fanbase leans toward the Playstation 3/Playstation 4, so we are focusing our efforts on bringing the best possible Tales experience there!

This is a step up from him saying that there were no next gen plans at all some months ago. Of course while they get a PS4 title ready, there'll be at least another PS3 game in the mean time...hopefully revealed soon.

Edit: lol this site updated its interview.

VB: Are there currently any Tales games in development for the Playstation 4? Will there ever be any plans to bring the series to X-Box One?

HB: We are looking forward to developing for the next generation consoles, but we currently do not have anything in development at this time. I think we would like to focus our efforts on the Playstation 4 again, but we have no updates or news for you in regards to that at this time!

Last edited by Soriku; 11-27-2013 at 07:20 AM.
K.Sabot
(11-14-2013, 06:19 PM)
Watch it look like a high quality PS2 title with decent AA and some depth of field thrown in.
SolidSnakex
I guess the early part of this generation was a real rude awakening for them.
tbm24
That's a shame no Xbox version. Did Vesperia sell that bad?
Astarte
(11-14-2013, 06:20 PM)
Don't worry guys, the japan xbone still has idolm-Infinite undiscovery.
Though I wonder what Microsoft has up their sleeve to push their console in the land of the rising Son(y).
Kagari
Super Mode

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

I guess the early part of this generation was a real rude awakening for them.

When your late port of your first HD game outsells the original version's LTD on release day... yeah, I would hope so.
Napalm_Frank

Originally Posted by tbm24

I guess the point is the PS games sell more and they seem to prefer working on one platform. XBone will possibly be DOA in Japan.
Pein

yeah it did, good thing it was supplemented by a check from microsoft at the time.
CrackPebbles
(11-14-2013, 06:21 PM)
Good, games like this are the reason I went with a ps4.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
Japanese pubs already putting all there eggs in one basket, but it is in Sony favor so there will not be much uproar.
fertygo
What's Xbox?
Mr-Joker
Other people suffering isn't my problem and I don't care about it.

Yes as Japan just doesn't care for the Xbox family.
Soriku
(11-14-2013, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by K.Sabot

Watch it look like a high quality PS2 title with decent AA and some depth of field thrown in.

Vesperia and Xillia are already well above any PS2 game.
Napalm_Frank

Originally Posted by Astarte

Don't worry guys, the japan xbone still has idolm-Infinite undiscovery.
Though I wonder what Microsoft has up their sleeve to push their console in the land of the rising Son(y).

Honestly if the launch in the west goes slow for them I don't see them doing any real push in Japan.
RaikuHebi
Banned

Originally Posted by LQX

Japanese pubs already putting all there eggs in one basket, but it is in Sony favor so there will not be much uproar.

Okay.
1337Sauce
(11-14-2013, 06:23 PM)
Ahw yissssssss

Thankfully I made the right choice until I feel the need to purchase an Xbox One
Kyon
Banned
Oop.

They shouldn't have made Xbox versions period last gen. Good thing they learned their lesson
chickdigger802
Banned
i feel like this pretty much means the 2015 tales game will be cross gen. probably not until 2017 before ps3 is dropped.

curious what this means though. a next gen tales game would mean it has current gen textures lol.

still find it hilarious that xillia doesn't look that much better than graces f which was a wii port... and it also ran noticeably worse.
Bel Marduk

Tales has never been incredibly popular in the U.S. or U.K. and Japan doesn't even seem to be on the radar for Microsoft. It wouldn't make sense for them to release one for the XBone.
RaikuHebi
Banned

Originally Posted by LQX

9thwonder
(11-14-2013, 06:24 PM)

When it comes to JRPGS, honestly XB is a console you can just ignore. FF13 did aight but that was mostly because of PS3's fuck up. I don't think XB1 is dooooooooomed but the audience who is interested JRPGS aren't on XBOX and it'll be even worse next gen. It wouldn't surprise me if Square is the only company that puts out JRPGs on the box next gen and I'll bet money they won't sell shit, even in the west.
SpecDotSign
(11-14-2013, 06:25 PM)
This is what I want to hear! Next gen JRPGs! I want them all!
jiggle
(11-14-2013, 06:25 PM)
Should've made their next game cross gen
Flamfas
(11-14-2013, 06:26 PM)
No console hopping next gen pls pls pls
9thwonder
(11-14-2013, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by jiggle

I still think they might.
cw_sasuke
(11-14-2013, 06:27 PM)
Maybe another Yakuza-like Cross-Gen title for PS3/PS4.
Thorgal
(11-14-2013, 06:27 PM)
So one last dance for PS3 and then on to next gen.

i can live with that.

Also People can at least rest easy knowing that one beloved franchise will not become Handheld / smartphone exclusive . :)
Host Samurai
(11-14-2013, 06:28 PM)
Hope its cell shaded like Vesperia.
Sage Shinigami

Originally Posted by jiggle

Nah. By the time their PS4 game comes out, Crossgen will be (thankfully) over.
RyoonZ
Namco must have been pleased with sales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Ace Combat 6
skybald
I am Japanese and what is Xbox One?
CrackPebbles

Originally Posted by Flamfas

No console hopping next gen pls pls pls

Seriously, Well I guess it worked last gen considering I repaired my 360 just to play Vesperia, but its a bit frustrating.
The Last Wizard
(11-14-2013, 06:29 PM)
I hope japan gets on the ps4 faster than they did the ps3, I need my RPGs.
suppadoopa

Originally Posted by LQX

It makes sense for them to do so anyway.
SolidSnakex

Originally Posted by LQX

Why would anyone get upset? They tried the 360, then a PS3 version came out a year later and outsold that one. They tried the Wii, and once again a PS3 version came out a year later and outsold it. They're just acknowledging where their fanbase is. No reason for them to ignore it.
SwiftDeath
(11-14-2013, 06:30 PM)
Not surprising
Eusis
(11-14-2013, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by K.Sabot

A 1080p PS2+ title would be pretty OK in my book honestly. Doubly so if they hit 60 FPS all the time, but I kind of expect they'll either arbitrarily cap it outside of battles (... where it matters most gameplay wise admittedly) or add some effects or even go with sheer scope that won't be 60 FPS friendly.

I'm not surprised really, it's generally smartest to wait and see but it's pretty clear right now that the Xbox One will have less traction than the PS4 globally, and even if that changes course the odds of the same happening in Japan are that much lower. And should Xbox One be a true dark horse in Japan it's probably easier next gen to port over than this gen despite the greater technical gulf in practice.
ShinUltramanJ
(11-14-2013, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by LQX

Don't worry, I'm sure Microsoft will buy themselves a jrpg or two.
suppadoopa

Originally Posted by skybald

I am Japanese and what is Xbox One?

It's a comcast cable box that lets you watch soccer and all that jazz
Off-Kilter

Originally Posted by LQX

This seems unnecessarily salty for what is purely a business decision.

On topic: I'm so ready for next gen Tales. I was quite envious of PS3 owners this gen; games like Xilia pushed me to pick up a PS4.
jiggle
(11-14-2013, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami

Nah. By the time their PS4 game comes out, Crossgen will be (thankfully) over.

But that's not their next game
Biker19
nvm, ignore post.
Last edited by Biker19; 11-14-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Elginer
Loved Vesperia, this is why I'm going with the PS4. I know that Japanese support is going there.
nckillthegrimace
(11-14-2013, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Bel Marduk

Tales has never been incredibly popular in the U.S. or U.K. and Japan doesn't even seem to be on the radar for Microsoft. It wouldn't make sense for them to release one for the XBone.

But it was popular. Once. Like ten years ago. But Namco really messed that up.
darkwing

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Why would anyone get upset? They tried the 360, then a PS3 version came out a year later and outsold that one. They tried the Wii, and once again a PS3 version came out a year later and outsold it. They're just acknowledging where their fanbase is. No reason for them to ignore it.

basically this
Tsundere
Banned
Expected. I see NIS doing the same, as well as GUST games.
Seda
the worst pokemon
(11-14-2013, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

Hope its cell shaded like Vesperia.

I actually came to say this. I loved that visual style and would appreciate it returning.
Dragonborn
I'm still pissed that MS' exclusivity prevented the PS3 version of Vesperia from coming over, so I'm glad that won't be any issue. Didn't Vesperia sell more on the first week on PS3 than the 360 version did in it's lifetime? I imported it anyways, but man, wish it had an official release
earvcunanan
Making the next Tales game PS3/PS4 would be the smart thing to do, no? Then after that just fully commit to PS4 and possibly Vita as well.
WalkMan
Banned
(11-14-2013, 06:36 PM)
Yay, seeing as the PS4 is here we can also expect Atlus to begin PS3 development.

I think in the past the developers only ever bothered developing for 360 just to reach the western audience. It'd be interesting if they don't even bother with Xbone at all and hope PS4 is enough to reach their western goals.