• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Timu

Just saw this on SRK:

yqHp7aM.jpg

QE5yFM5.jpg
...March can't come soon enough.

Jaeger

Now the slim waist makes sense. The whole bottom portion is slimmed out. Skeletal. Really sells me on the deadly cyborg thing, and not simply a man in a suit with 90's glowy blades n' ponytail.

Can't wait to see the final in game model!

kodecraft

i guess that's the classic costume on the right?

seems like this fulgore isn't finished hmmmmmm sounds like a plot point

Yea, the one on the right looks like Model 01, while the new slim one would be Model 03. The thing may have been destroyed twice before this new model was built, plot point indeed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yea, the one on the right looks like Model 01, while the new slim one would be Model 03. The thing may have been destroyed twice before this new model was built, plot point indeed.

wouldn't that be model 2 because of the orange part on his chest?

Dai101

Banned
Now the slim waist makes sense. The whole bottom portion is slimmed out. Skeletal. Really sells me on the deadly cyborg thing, and not simply a man in a suit with 90's glowy blades n' ponytail.

Can't wait to see the final in game model!

Great design. Maybe by march i'm in a better position and can buy my X1 and KI

Love the Unit 03 on his chest. KI3!!

YUP. nice detail there.

kodecraft

wouldn't that be model 2 because of the orange part on his chest?

I think you're right.

Anyways, this new Fulgore looks menacing. Definitely like fighting the terminator without its flesh. But I wonder if he will play "heavy" like Thunder.

And hopefully as a sidenote: hoepfully when TJ Combo is announced, he doesn't look or play like Balrog or Dudley. This is Killer Instinct got dammit!! Design him after Michael Jae White or Jamie Foxx and I'll be happy.

ev0

Hey Gaf, two weird problems

I cant seem to find any online games? It stays on searching forever in both ranked and exhibition. I was able to play on launch day.

Also achievement notifications don't pop up for KI anymore. I still get them, but no toast. Notifications are set to on in settings.

Anyone else have weird problems like this?

Nemesis_

Anyone know what I get with the Ultra Pack? I bought it and downloaded Killer Instinct Classic.

But it says I get accessories and costumes too. But in the KI store, they're all locked? I've booted the game multiple times and checked to see if maybe the game didn't process the unlock key but still everything is locked.

.la1n

Holy snap those classic designs are glorious, also nice to see they did change the models as well. Not sure about Sabrewulf but the rest are classic game greatness. Seems they are taking stuff from KI 1 as well as 2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my gosh fulgore

oh my gosh classic skins

oh my gosh

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
those skins look so good, I'm so excited for these
Seriously, Ultra pack is MINE. Cant wait to see the rest, Im really hoping they keep Thunders KI1 look but IIRC they said it wasnt appropriate so who knows.

Nemesis_

Anyone know what I get with the Ultra Pack? I bought it and downloaded Killer Instinct Classic.

But it says I get accessories and costumes too. But in the KI store, they're all locked? I've booted the game multiple times and checked to see if maybe the game didn't process the unlock key but still everything is locked.

Anyone got an answer? >_>

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guys, scans are generally bannable. That's a pretty significant image dump up there, so I would remove them just to be safe.

Not trying to backseat mod, just don't want y'all getting in trouble. Edit those posts.

EDIT: Nevermind, EatChildren is okay with it.

RoKKeR

Holy shit, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a game before. My good friend and I who never, EVER play fighters tried to play a round of Killer Instinct and it was absolute hilarity. Spamming random moves right in front of each other without actually connecting was just too much for me.

We didn't even look at the tutorial so we of course were clueless but it was fun and absolutely hilarious.

Nemesis_

So basically, if you didn't buy the Ultra Pack, you don't have access to those accessories at all?

And I assume the costumes that are coming are included in the Ultra Pack too?

Thanks guys. This game is just so fantastic, I'm so impressed. I feel super bad for being so critical of Double Helix earlier in the year :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some GameStop locations showed a release date of today (11/23/2013), but none have them yet (that I've found), and they have no info on when they'll have it. I was told to check back daily for shipping info.

I saw some people on SRK and DH forums post about picking theirs up at GameStop retail stores. Now sure how they are allocating them out but I hope you are able to find one sooner rather than later.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I know I am in the minority, but I don't like the fulgore look. Want to see him in motion though.
Well we really dont know exactly what he looks like, the silloutte hides much of the detail.
fulgore_610.jpg

Best we can do is look at the concept art and fill in the blanks, I dig what weve seen so far.

Top Bottom