• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

I really like the digital price on the game. Will it always stay like that or is it just for pre-order purposes?

I'm still a bit unsure though since the Vita doesn't allow multiple accounts. Would be nice to play the game on my main account.

co1onel

I really like the digital price on the game. Will it always stay like that or is it just for pre-order purposes?

I'm still a bit unsure though since the Vita doesn't allow multiple accounts. Would be nice to play the game on my main account.

1st party digital games always stay at the discounted price (until a price drop of course)

Mik3F

Well I have decided that I will be having my sons copy today (assuming it arrives) and then buying another copy tomorrow for him

Looking forward to playing this now

PaulloDEC

39% in now. If I have one complaint, it's that I wish the game let you spend more time in each beautiful location. So very pretty.

mandiller

I've played a few hours of it now. Tearaway is a real treat! Loving the experience so far. MM definitely have a hit on their hands, the only problem is more people need to play it!

I'm going to have trouble picking a GOTY this year I think, but Tearaway is certainly up for consideration.

Here are some more screenshots since I can't stop taking pictures:

2013-11-21-231246gaiv2.jpg

2013-11-21-224641tjdi6.jpg

2013-11-21-22380763dr8.jpg

2013-11-21-221856f7clh.jpg

2013-11-21-221054kof6y.jpg

2013-11-21-220854j6i67.jpg

2013-11-21-115035fydl8.jpg

PaulloDEC

I've played a few hours of it now. Tearaway is a real treat! Loving the experience so far. MM definitely have a hit on their hands, the only problem is more people need to play it!

I'm going to have trouble picking a GOTY this year I think, but Tearaway is certainly up for consideration.

Here are some more screenshots since I can't stop taking pictures:

I've been snapping away with the in-game camera, but looking at those I'm starting to wish I'd taken more regular screenshots (especially given how gorgeous the IQ is).

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
About 25% completion. Super charming, great music, (particularly the
mountain level
and some really amazing visuals too. Finding the game really fun to play and with a real sense of adventure - the camera aspect really adds to that. Loving it!

goonergaz

mine shipped at ~£15 (zavvi £20 + zavvi points off :)) can't wait, likewise can't wait to see what MM have in store for PS4!

Tsunamo

Anyone had a situation with their savedata where it got deleted? I was playing the game and clicked on new assuming it'd overwrite the default save it was showin and that it was a manual save rather than autosave but I got put back to the start of the game.

Probably my own fault but I'd love it if there's someway to get my old file back seeing as how I was a fairway into the game.

And my god is the game beautiful on the Vitas OLED screen.

Aytrial

Anyone had a situation with their savedata where it got deleted? I was playing the game and clicked on new assuming it'd overwrite the default save it was showin and that it was a manual save rather than autosave but I got put back to the start of the game.

Probably my own fault but I'd love it if there's someway to get my old file back seeing as how I was a fairway into the game.

And my god is the game beautiful on the Vitas OLED screen.

That "New" button is for a new game.

It's only one save file to my knowledge. However, the game auto-saves quite frequently.

Put an hour in. It's destined to be regarded as one of the Vita's flagship titles, that's for sure - just bursting at the seams with imagination and creativity. And damn is it gorgeous to look at. In motion, it's probably the best looking game I've seen on that OLED.

Only just got the ability to jump though, so I've yet to cut my platforming chops on it. Brilliant start though.

-Amon-

Preordered on the ps store, couldn't pass on this gem from what i'm reading here on gaf.

The game is already on my psvita. When will be unlocked ? Midnight ?

Sinthetic

Don't know how to get my Jukebox DLC from shopto either!

Just got a mail from Simply Games with my code. Hope you have yours.

I've put in an hour and a half and I'd definitely say it's a system selling game. I'm so glad I bought a Vita last month for this.

The game is brimming with life, it revolves around you and your pace. There is so much customization, from your character to the filters on your photos, it's kind of overwhelming how much there is to buy, but there is loads of in game currency (confetti) to collect .

Stat tracking helps you keep track of what you have collected/not collected so that it never feels like you don't know what to do. You can replay chapters from the menu and all the things you have carry over so you can clean up the missing items. There is always something to interact with, something to talk to, something to take a picture of.

The voices both English and gibberish are fantastic and definitely have the LBP vibe. I actually prefer everything about this to LBP so far. It feels, sounds (the soundtrack is so catchy, I'm glad I have the Jukebox download) and looks absolutely incredible.

Characters are the real highlight of this, so many awesome animals and weird paper based creatures.

Only downside so far is the back panel antics not registering properly, but that is probably due to me being a bit of a Vita newbie.

Number45

Preordered on the ps store, couldn't pass on this gem from what i'm reading here on gaf.

The game is already on my psvita. When will be unlocked ? Midnight ?
Trying to remember when SS unlocked for me (only other game I've preordered from PSN) and I thought it was 08:00 on the Friday morning. But a few others seem to think midnight GMT is the time.

Hope so!

Trying to remember when SS unlocked for me (only other game I've preordered from PSN) and I thought it was 08:00 on the Friday morning. But a few others seem to think midnight GMT is the time.

Hope so!

Just did my pre-order and on the receipt it says that the expected unlock time is at midnight.

Grisby

Usually don't post the 'I got it' pics but I decided to do it for Tearaway.

Played the game for about an hour or so. Very pleasing visuals and the charm is off the charts. I forgot about the paper cutting mechanic and it seems cool. Everything feels pretty good jumping/control wise.

Took my first selfie too!

I hope best buy has the pre-order bonuses. I pre-ordered from them not knowing since I get the 20% off new games with gamers club unlocked.

TripOpt55

Quick question as I'm not sure with Vita games. Do they save the game to the game cartridge itself or to the memory card on the Vita? I'm a little down on money after buying a PS4, so I decided to rent this for now, but will buy it when I can. Just wondering if I don't buy that particular copy I will have to restart the game when I buy?

Top Bottom