• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

barrymatharoo
(11-22-2013, 07:24 AM)
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ARAWAYPARENTPR
was this page up before? It looks like Grace Chan is working behind the background!
Anilusion
(11-22-2013, 07:27 AM)
I can't download my preorder...

"Could not download.
The payment process for the pre-order is not complete. Please try again later.

If your wallet does not have enough funds, add funds to your wallet.
(NP-14246-7)"

I had forgotten to add money to my wallet yesterday, now there is enough in there to cover the costs but I'm still getting the same error. Anybody got any idea what to do?
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(11-22-2013, 07:27 AM)
Got Tearaway, Zelda lbtw, and Mario 3d world. Let the happy gaming commence!

Although i probably wont be able to play much until later this weekend...
SpeedOfNuts
(11-22-2013, 07:48 AM)
Took some minutes but this game really grew on me. At times it feels Nintendo, and that's got to be the best compliment.
Coolbgdog12
(11-22-2013, 07:58 AM)
Where's the game?
co1onel
(11-22-2013, 08:02 AM)

Originally Posted by barrymatharoo

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ARAWAYPARENTPR
was this page up before? It looks like Grace Chan is working behind the background!

Yup, that page has been up for awhile.
Zemm
(11-22-2013, 08:03 AM)

Originally Posted by SpeedOfNuts

Took some minutes but this game really grew on me. At times it feels Nintendo, and that's got to be the best compliment.

If you told me classic Rare from the N64 era got back together to make a Vita game and this was it, I'd believe you, and yep that's a pretty big compliment.
AbandonedTrolley
(11-22-2013, 08:09 AM)
Wow this game is so good, only played for a bit before work but damn the presentation is just amazing. The way they 'fill in' the tear in the paper when your fingers come through by using the rear camera is just genius, anyone else probably would have just coloured it black and left it at that, Great job MM!
PaulloDEC
(11-22-2013, 08:17 AM)
Just reached the Caverns, which feels to me like fairly far into the game. Checked my completion percentage, and seemingly I'm only 46% done!

If the game is a short one, it sure doesn't feel like it.

Also, the Weaponised Squeezebox is a lot of fun to use in both action and puzzle areas. Love it.
RalchAC
(11-22-2013, 08:20 AM)
Auto-quote from the Vita thread:

I've played like 2 hours of Tearaway, and I still feel like a kid in Christmas. MM has done such a good work. I was afraid I may not like the music, but it suits everything perfectly. Drawing and customizing (customize?) other characters, not only yours, is a neat idea. I've spent like ten minutes putting stuff in a pig face. I ended using some weird sun glasses, eyebrows and a lightning scar (like Harry Potter) and it looked like a punk. After that I rode it. Amazing.

For 25 euros, you can't go wrong with it :)

co1onel
(11-22-2013, 08:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Takao

watch it come out at midnight pst

or worse

tuesday

Oh gosh, this can't be a possibility can it?
Shinta
Shilla
(11-22-2013, 08:24 AM)
Got a Tearaway keychain at Gamestop when I picked up my Nintendo swag.

It's pretty cool.
tmespe
(11-22-2013, 08:28 AM)
So I only got to play this for 20 minutes this morning before I had to go to work. So far, this game is special. It has a lot of weird stuff that I thought I would never enjoy in a game. For starters, I hate being photographed, so the whole using the front camera stuff was really unappealing to me. Having seen it in motion though, it's fun, engaging, and it makes me smile and goof around.I found myself tipping my coffee mug, waving my finger, and making silly faces at my dude, and the other friendly papercrafts. It genuinely feels like those little buggers in the world look up to me with awe and fascination. I am usually a grumpy morning person, but that little session got me in a great mood.

The tocuhpad and touchscreen also feel natural and engaging, and I believe in a large part that is due to you being told from the outset that your world and the game world are fused, so it all feels very believable and significant. Collecting confetti and customizing my dude is fun, and I think I will do a lot of it, even though I usually never care about that in games. The feature I hadn't heard about yet, and which got me really excited, however, is the camera. It's freaking awesome that you can upgrade it with new lenses and filters. The music and voice work is great as well.

To summarize my rant, I was a little skeptical about this game, but only having played 20 minutes, I can tell that this game is something special, and a game I will remember for quite some time. Buy this game!

Last edited by tmespe; 11-22-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Servbot24
(11-22-2013, 08:29 AM)
I'm all hyped up to buy but it's still not available >:( Stupid Sony, in the morning I'll be sober :(
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(11-22-2013, 09:01 AM)

Originally Posted by co1onel

Oh gosh, this can't be a possibility can it?

Oh yes it can. We're past midnight PST.
co1onel
(11-22-2013, 09:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Takao

Oh yes it can. We're past midnight PST.

Surely it will be up tomorrow afternoon? Right? RIGHT?
Lamptramp
(11-22-2013, 09:18 AM)
Stills really do not do this justice. It really is a gorgeous and delightful experience.
I had been quite sceptical about the game, as I'd found the platforming aspect of littlebigplanet to be the weakest part, but an hour or so in, and the control is not an issue.

Originally Posted by tmespe

..[snip].. I am usually a grumpy morning person, but that little session got me in a great mood..[snip]..Buy this game!

I'd like to be associated with the remarks of the last speaker :)

vladdamad
(11-22-2013, 09:23 AM)
heading into town to get this now. hoping this game will be this generation's loco roco, really excited
starmud
(11-22-2013, 09:24 AM)
this game has me finally feeling like i need a vita. waiting for whatever the deal will be with the revision hitting the west is getting annoying. IMO, after getting to hold one, i want it .__. if they make me wait till e3, i swear.
Festwill
(11-22-2013, 09:24 AM)
Game is superpurdy.
reminder
(11-22-2013, 09:26 AM)

Originally Posted by vladdamad

heading into town to get this now. hoping this game will be this generation's loco roco, really excited

This posting makes me want a new LocoRoco for Vita... on the OLED screen without any ghosting.
nampad
(11-22-2013, 09:27 AM)

Originally Posted by nampad

4 hours in and I really love this game. The artstyle and music is superb and the presentation constantly puts a big smile on my face.

I don't like that the camera is locked so often. While the camera work is well done, I just hate it when a game takes the controls away from you. Yes, you can keep your angles for presentation readons but please still let me turn the camera when I want to.
While the first levels ran pretty smooth there are some framedrops in the later ones.

I also accidentally skipped some dialogues because I wanted to clean my screen from fingerprints. They should have made skipping button only.

Finished the game, it was a great ride. The playtime was around 5-6 hours so a little bit on the short side. It didn't feel rushed though. Only a last level where all game mechanics were used more together may have been nice.

The use of the Vita inputs didn't feel gimmicky and really added to the experience.
I can't see this game being ported without big compromises so just buy a Vita all you port beggars ;)
Maastricht
(11-22-2013, 09:29 AM)
Up in the Netherlands!
vladdamad
(11-22-2013, 09:30 AM)

Originally Posted by reminder

This posting makes me want a new LocoRoco for Vita... on the OLED screen without any ghosting.

Same here. Game was gorgeous even on the PSP, I bet it would look amazing on the Vita
Knuf
(11-22-2013, 09:32 AM)
For fuck's sake Amazon, got this preordered and it's 22nd already, where is my damn copy?!!? :(
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(11-22-2013, 09:34 AM)
I'm going to try and resist buying Zelda because it'll distract me from this. One at a time. (might get zelda as a christmas present to myself)
GoofsterStud
(11-22-2013, 09:36 AM)
This game is amazing...thanks everyone for encouraging me to play it.
flipswitch
(11-22-2013, 09:40 AM)
I will be picking this game is very shortly. How's the image quality , native res any aa?
SpeedOfNuts
(11-22-2013, 09:45 AM)
Oh and the music, the music!
Servbot24
(11-22-2013, 09:50 AM)
wat are you doing scea >:|
Cyborg
(11-22-2013, 09:52 AM)
I plan to buy this game. Neofaf do you like the game?
SpeedOfNuts
(11-22-2013, 10:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Cyborg

I plan to buy this game. Neofaf do you like the game?

I think if you have a vita, for 20 something euros this is a no brainer.
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(11-22-2013, 10:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Fix The Scientist

What is square used for? Will I be able to play this without a working square button? I hope the controls can be customized.

whoa, what happened to your square button?
Number45
(11-22-2013, 10:15 AM)
Loving what I've played of this so far. Going to have fun with the cameras!
hEist
(11-22-2013, 10:16 AM)
6h until i'm home and finally can play it :/
EatChildren
Chico = Quiet
(11-22-2013, 10:16 AM)
I just started.

Lamptramp
(11-22-2013, 10:18 AM)
Your version looks more terrifying than mine, I'd take it back were I you ;)
Moosichu
(11-22-2013, 10:20 AM)
I'm so tempted to get this just to roleplay as the TeleTubbies baby. It does look so magical though....
tmespe
(11-22-2013, 10:20 AM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

I just started.

I would have a big question mark over my head seeing that face in the sky as well.
PapaJustify
(11-22-2013, 10:21 AM)
Just a little heads-up:

I still cannot play the game after 2 re-downloads. At least it doesn't crash anymore but now it freezes through the intro. Haven't had one second of gameplay yet.

What should I do, GAF?
Hanmik
(11-22-2013, 10:24 AM)

Originally Posted by PapaJustify

Just a little heads-up:

I still cannot play the game after 2 re-downloads. At least it doesn't crash anymore but now it freezes through the intro. Haven't had one second of gameplay yet.

What should I do, GAF?

contact these guys.. on twitter,,

@mmalex @AlexMoyet @rexbox @siobhanreddy @mousenatorx @tearawaygame @mediamolecule
Sintoid
(11-22-2013, 10:32 AM)
This game is gorgeous and the Photo mode will give us lot of satisfying moments

Fix The Scientist
(11-22-2013, 10:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Sleeplessnights

whoa, what happened to your square button?

My square button stopped working the week my vita's 1 year warranty ran out. I have no idea why. i don't mistreat it, i don't use it while i'm eating, it's never been dropped or damaged. I did some research and it seems like an extremely rare issue where just one single button stops working. pretty annoying.
PaulloDEC
(11-22-2013, 10:37 AM)

Originally Posted by flipswitch

I will be picking this game is very shortly. How's the image quality , native res any aa?

The best IQ I've seen on the Vita thus far. Native res, seemingly with some kind of AA as well. Looks gorgeous.
Festwill
(11-22-2013, 10:39 AM)
I'm riding this pig with a crudely drawn penis on one side and a stoned face winking at me on its ass this game is awesome!
Ken
(11-22-2013, 10:40 AM)
Not up on PSN yet?
Zemm
(11-22-2013, 10:40 AM)

Originally Posted by flipswitch

It's so clean image quality wise, like amazingly so.
DenogginizerOS
BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
(11-22-2013, 10:45 AM)
Thanks for nothing, Grace Chen. WTF? Why is this not up yet on SEN?
FoxhoundNL
(11-22-2013, 10:46 AM)
Oh man, think I'm gonna pick this up today. Wasn't really planning on it anymore, but this sounds too good.

Is there any replayability?
Eusis
(11-22-2013, 10:48 AM)
Hmm, realized I had a pile of PSN credit with no real idea what to spend it on since I don't think I want Killzone's Season Pass badly enough... not that I could get this right now anyway since Sony seems to not have learned the one thing Nintendo got right with their online store this gen. Better to wait a bit anyway I guess, just the positive buzz and comparisons to SM64 make this seem awfully irresistible even though I've got more than enough on my plate.