• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Steroyd

Oh man the start of this game everytime they reference me looking into their world, there's a smile on my face, and seeing my finger burst through the floor is refreshingly freaky.

potam

Banned

Do it man. Just played the first couple of levels of Tearaway and I'm fucking loving it. The Vita has lots of other games that are worth it too, Persona, killzone, Dragons Crown, etc. If you can afford everything, I'd say just go for it.

Tearaway is something special. It'd be a greater crime to let it pass you by.

I'm really thinking about taking my PS3 to BB today for that $100 deal they have, and also trading in my blue 3DS and grabbing a Vita and Zelda 3DS for hopefully under $300.

Damnit video games :(

Everyone likes it. If someone doesn't then that says more about that person than it does the game. Buy it. Not only is it one of the Vita's best, but it's dirt cheap as well.
$40 USD isn't what I would call "dirt cheap." Nonetheless, I bought my copy and now I play the UPS waiting game...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Today is awful. This comes out and I'm really tempted to pick up a Vita for this game. But Nintendo had to release SM3DW + Zelda today...and I really want that limited edition 3DS. And I just bought a PS4.

What the fuck do I do GAF? Should I just #yolo out and get everything and regret it later?

I did exactly this, apart from the LE 3DS :)

yolo

This is truly an amazing experience. I just can´t stop smiling while playing this, it´s a such a wonderful world and the way they integrate the player with that world is just perfect. This is GOTY material.

Steroyd

Oh boy oh boy, I gots me a camera and took a selfie!

Ju329gR.jpg

So much customization options, so stingy on my confetti. :(

It's days like this where I wish I hadn't ordered from Amazon. I've gotta wait until 6:00 PM for UPS arrive. /cry

Haha! Everyone on here is hyping this game up so much, I truly can't wait to play it. At least I have my good ol' PS4 to keep me company in the meantime...

Loving the game so far. Just one negative point with it, I am constantly giggling like a girl in public, when I play this game.
It's just too damn cute, Artstyle, Sound design and Iota, love his design!

If you have a Vita, buy this game, needs all the love it can get.

Hope that it will get the recognition it deserves.

Skyzard

Banned
Confete builds up pretty quickly after a little bit, just annoying early on when you want to customise your character. Don't worry guys :)

There is no chance this game will be forgotten any time soon.

SCEA gogogo

phuturist

Banned
This game is iiiiiincredible and I am normally not the "oh it's cute so it's good" kind of guy.

Honestly if this game does not get discussed when websites start rolling out there "best graphics" awards, then they are insane.

And man, only 25€ including a 200MB DRM free soundtrack? Sony sometimes you rock.

Skyzard

Banned
This game is iiiiiincredible and I am normally not the "oh it's cute so it's good" kind of guy.

Honestly if this game does not get discussed when websites start rolling out there "best graphics" awards, then they are insane.

And man, only 25€ including a 200MB DRM free soundtrack? Sony sometimes you rock.

Yeah, the graphics are something special. It's not just the awesome artwork, the graphics actually look fantastic, must be the lighting. Shadows and everything just looks so nice.

Also I love the camera so much! The different lenses and filters are just too good. Half the time I just walk around in camera mode and a high contrast filter.
I was buzzed yesterday and the colours from the game were giving me a really intense feeling, hard to describe.
Also there is a bookmark feature (can jump to differents chapter you've visited (with your gained abilities), another nice touch.

Guys, if you are undecided, stop watching trailers. Just go buy it. Just remember it's not super meat boy.

phuturist

Banned
Yeah, the graphics are something special. It's not just the awesome light work, the graphics actually look fantastic, must be the lighting. Shadows and everything just looks so nice.

Also I love the camera so much! The different lenses and filters are just too good. Half the time I just walk around in camera mode and a high contrast filter.

I was buzzed yesterday and the colours from the game were giving me a really intense feeling, hard to describe.

It's the lighting and the colours for sure. And yes, just walking around in first person view with the camera is fun in itself, like a, dare I say, better looking Proteus.

Damn, my copy hasn't arrived yet. Which means it'll probably come here to work tomorrow and then I won't be able to play it until Monday. Got plenty of other games to be playing, but damn, I wanted to play this!

Skyzard

Banned
It's the lighting and the colours for sure. And yes, just walking around in first person view with the camera is fun in itself, like a, dare I say, better looking Proteus.

I was thinking the same thing...just bought proteus the other day too. Although yet to get too far into that, was sort of saving it but maybe I shouldn't have!

bLaiSe

Ok, so the trial did not crash on me despite I have a broken front camera. Is the camera crucial for the full experience? Do you have to make facial expressions to progress at some point or something like that?

Steroyd

Ok, so the trial did not crash on me despite I have a broken front camera. Is the camera crucial for the full experience? Do you have to make facial expressions to progress at some point or something like that?

The game uses the front camera to put yourself in the sun and become part of the game world, and I just went past a part where I had to take a photo of myself, to get past a certain part.

Sigma722

I just bought a 20 psn card for 10 because of best buy rewards points and i will totally pick that card up later, put it on my account, add 20 more, and TOTALLY get this game. Really excited for my 18+ hour travel time starting tomorrow. This and Zelda leading up to BEING IN JAPAN. hype.

Aytrial

You will be asked to take pictures of yourself to progress the story in some sections. It's really there to immerse yourself and feel as if you're one with the game world.

Pay for release day delivery and it doesn't turn up.

A round of applause for Amazon UK ladies and gentlemen.

Should have bought digita---

Oh wait.

It's really sad that Nintendo had their big releases go up on the eShop at exactly 12 midnight and Sony comes off looking like amateurs.

ClearData

Should have bought digita---

Oh wait.

It's really sad that Nintendo had their big releases go up on the eShop at exactly 12 midnight and Sony comes off looking like amateurs.

To be fair they release like one game every two months so it shouldn't be that hard for them to do so.

I'm kidding. Lol.

What is the likely hood that this game hits the top ten for December? Impossible?

You mean the November Top Ten, and yes, it´s impossible. It´s a month with 2 new consoles launching, a good Zelda game on the 3DS and older games still going strong. Also, because it´s such a small game most people will probably go digital.

bLaiSe

The game uses the front camera to put yourself in the sun and become part of the game world, and I just went past a part where I had to take a photo of myself, to get past a certain part.
Yeah, the sun had a black hole in the trial for me. I'm gonna write an email to the devs and ask them if there are sections where you have to grin or something to advance before ordering it. If I remember correctly there was something like that in Frobisher Says but I'm not sure.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah, the sun had a black hole in the trial for me. I'm gonna write an email to the devs and ask them if there are sections where you have to grin or something to advance before ordering it. If I remember correctly there was something like that in Frobisher Says but I'm not sure.

Highly doubt it, you should be good to play.

Top Bottom