• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seen any celebrity endorsements for next gen consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be fun to track which celebrities are picking sides with the current consoles. I'll update the OP if you can find any. I know some people are on the pay roll for companies which makes it a little less genuine but whatever this is just for fun. Please try not to bitch too much about who is or is not a real celebrity. Does this type of thing really matter any more to average person any more?

PlayStation 4
Prince William
Stephen Colbert
Chloë Grace Moretz

Wii U

Xbox One
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Darren Bent
Aisha Tyler

Into

Barack Obama mentioned the PS4 in a positive way in some speech. Also Stephen Colbert did the whole "daddy loves you PS4"

I also know that Indiana Pacers player Roy Hibbert talked on Twitter how hyped he was for the PS4.

8851d2df23af7f94c80555dfe23cab9e.png

Michael Phelps got a ps4. Posted on Facebook. Zedd got custom ps4 as well as Jeremy Lin. In twitter

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jason Sudekis and Will Arnett appear to be supportive of Xbox. I think. I could not tell from how any of them talked.

DBT85

Sony got an Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal Footballer) a PS4 a week ago and he tweeted about it.

https://twitter.com/aaronramsey

His tweet on the 18th showing the system went out to nearly 900,000 followers and got 1000 retweets.

Yesterday he was at the PS4 Lounge playing people at Fifa 14 and even used the #4ThePlayers hashtag in his tweet about it.

FlopFlip

Neo Member
Lots of premiership footballers been endorsing the xbox one and have also seen Mark Hoppus of blink-182 and Jonathan Ross the chat show guy tweet about it here in the UK.

Sounds like MS moneyhatting. It's way to obvious.
It's funny Jonathon Ross is on the pay roll for MS TV but he still made time to go to the PS4 event in London.
Is any of it even real excitement or just paid celebs?
Some of it's genuine! Robin Williams for instance is a massive gamer. He said he's mostly interested in the Xbone but hasn't checked out the others yet in a Reddit AMA. Guy named his child Zelda..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom