• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Hardware Troubleshooting / Q&A Thread

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So that we can centralize hardware discussion, let's use this thread to talk about any issues or questions we have with our Xbox Ones.

Y2Kev

I will say that my device came packed from Amazon very neatly with Bubble Wrap around each side and games lodged in between.

So to be safe, should we do the day 1 update via ethernet, just to be sure nothing goes wrong? I heard when the console reboots after the update it could take 10-15 minutes to start up.

Fyrebrand

Neo Member
TV keeps blinking non stop whenever I try to watch Tv (fine during game time)

any help?

Blinking as in going black screen or turning off? Sounds like hour hdmi cable is loose or messed up try a different Hdmi.

Update and restart took about the same for me as the guy above.

EvB

Update was very fast for me too.

I had an issue earlier where games wouldn't boot (It first happened after installing Crimson Dragon)

Fully shutting down the Xbox by holding the logo/power button on the front and forcing a cold boot solved it.

Dragon

Banned
Update was very fast for me too.

I had an issue earlier where games wouldn't boot (It first happened after installing Crimson Dragon)

Fully shutting down the Xbox by holding the logo/power button on the front and forcing a cold boot solved it.

Perhaps it was to stop you from playing Crimson Dragon :D.

Dragon

Banned
I can't seem to get it to turn on by voice after turning off. I have Instant On enabled too. Any ideas? Or am I just missing something?

I haven't seen anyone having real luck with that. I think someone from Giantbomb was saying they had a 20% success rate with it.

mobius006

I can see three red lights in the middle of my Kinect. Are those always on?

always-watching-o.gif

tynestar

Getting time warner errors when switching to hd channels. Says channel not available press a to try again.

Works hooked directly to TV

Y2Kev

I can absolutely see them. They're not even hard to see. You're really not supposed to see them? I've never had a Kinect.

Phawx

I can absolutely see them. They're not even hard to see. You're really not supposed to see them? I've never had a Kinect.

With the Kinect 1 you had to be at the right spot to see the IR. With Xbox One Kinect I can clearly see the 3 IR blasters. So I think it's normal.

ElfArmy177

My wife just texted me my daughter was pouring water on top of my Xbox one and ps4 today... I'm in for a disappointment when I get home I think..

The Flash

Banned
Got the "Green Screen of Death" when I turn on the system. Literally stayed at the green start up screen for like 45 minutes last night. I'm going to give Xbox Support a call now. Fingers crossed.

Defect

Got the "Green Screen of Death" when I turn on the system. Literally stayed at the green start up screen for like 45 minutes last night. I'm going to give Xbox Support a call now. Fingers crossed.

Is that after the update? Did it turn off by itself?

Tsukumo

It needs to be turned off in the settings section. It also shows what it sees with its indiscreet eye :D I was mind blown by the image resolution of the camera, but yeah it's f----ing eerie to keep it always on.

Hmm i Have strict NAT and every time I try to input the static IP address I put in the DMZ with some ports from my 360 days open, it changes the DNS to zero' and won't find them automatically..

No DD from the optical out is annoying

Apart from that great system

How do you set kinect up to where you can browse menus/netflix with your hands and also how do you go in and out of standby mode? When I say xbox turn off it literally tuns off the machine. Thanks

Cru

So far running my cable/sat receiver through the xbox has led to picture problems. Random freezing and sound issues.

Wizman23

Banned
Anyone now how to open NAT? My 360 was open all the time and my XB1 is set to moderate. All the ports from my 360 are still set up in my router settings

DR3AM

is there a way to "quit" a game when you push the guide button? like going straight to the dasboard

The Flash

Banned
Is that after the update? Did it turn off by itself?

Alright, here's what happened. Got back from GameStop, plugged it all up, plugged in through Ethernet, turned it on with my controller, and the green start up screen popped up. I was there for a couple of minutes and thought that it had frozen. I pushed the power button but nothing happened since I didn't know that you had to hold it down for like 10 seconds. I unplugged it from the wall, unplugged the Ethernet (I have wireless as well), plugged it back in and turned it on with the power button. Same green start up screen, was there for a few minutes, screen went all crazy for like 3 seconds (kinda like that white noise/snow flake thing when your cable tv is out), and then it turned black. Waited like 2 minutes after that and then turned it off with the power button. Plugged the Ethernet back in, turned it on, green screen again, was there for like 45 minutes and then I turned it off again. Got in contact with a MS guy via chat and pretty did the exact same thing with the same results. Went to bed, got up and went to work, now I'm here eating lunch while waiting on a call from Xbox Support. Haven't turned it on since.

My wife just texted me my daughter was pouring water on top of my Xbox one and ps4 today... I'm in for a disappointment when I get home I think..

Don't sweat it. You can return them to the retailer for a direct swap if they don't work.

If it was ever going to happen, this is the best time.

Luckily I started beating my children whilst they were still in the womb, so they know not to mess with my shit.

I suggest a week course of water boarding to prevent it happening again.

..... last few lines are not true. My son is a good boy. But it is an option... lol

brettreyu

Anyone now how to open NAT? My 360 was open all the time and my XB1 is set to moderate. All the ports from my 360 are still set up in my router settings

Google is your friend for this given the variance in routers. But basically:

1. Log into router using a web browser
2. Find firewall/NAT settings
3. Add exceptions/rules for Xbox One's IP address

With those vents at the top of the Xbox One, that can't be very good.

You sacrifice all of this stuff when you become a parent, I just hope my son grows up to like video games so Xmas will be easier.

I tackled it by giving my boy his own gamepad, he draws on it and pushes the buttons. It's cute.

Top Bottom