• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Users banned from Upload Studio for swearing?

I think thats why twitch was delayed, well one of the reasons imo, they want to limit swearing and you'll probably get insta banned if you swear on there

haha i swear so much during call of duty, hmmmmm

Guntank

Neo Member
It's pretty ridiculous to be quite honest. They are pretty much invading your privacy, but hey we knew they were going to spy on you.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Double standards by Microsoft

.'M' rated games will be available for the Xbox One console
.But no 'M' rated languages in recorded videos?

They should probably stop 'M' rated games launching on their consoles then, else their point is mute.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Okay. I initially defended MS on this issue but the more I think about it the more stupid it gets. Another stupid anti-consumer decision by MS.

JaggedSac

They should mark it as having inappropriate content and then have parental controls in place to be able to block them from an account viewing them.

Damn stupid.
How does this Upload Studio work? Can anyone watch uploaded videos? So if I have a video of an M rated game I can upload it and anyone can see it?

They should mark it as having inappropriate content and then have parental controls in place to be able to block them from an account viewing them.

This makes sense.

This will ruin uploaded shock vids from horror games. Everyone's reactions will be faked, pretty much.

Lost a sale here Microsoft.

If I can't let off the odd swear word in my murder simulators, then you don't need my money. I'm already an adult, i'll let you deal with the kids.

This one reason alone puts me off buying the system, it makes me wonder what other nanny features they enforce. Too expensive a gadget to be told what to do, especially when it doesn't harm anyone.

Mindwipe

So can you upload video to Skydrive without touching Upload Studio?

If not then I really think this might be the thing which ensures I never buy an XBox One.

CPS2

Do they just research dystopias when designing these things? Oh lets get the telescreens from 1984, make it look like the TV display from Idiocracy, and then punish people for using swear words like in Demolition Man.

I was all about defending this until this point. Quite the predicament.

Although, I guess this is like a rating system. A warning in this early period would be helpful.

Because games have ratings, and upload studio does not?

I can't believe Skype is still included in these conversations. Do people not read!

Top Bottom