• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

swear during skype call on Xbox One: go right ahead. You won't be banned for that.

ultron87

I am extremely skeptical that swearing during a Skype call was actually the reason.

That'd require them to be actively monitoring every call. Or the user's friend could've reported them I guess.

He was banned from Xbox Live so he can't use Skype because it requires Gold.
That's the issue, don't think it was for swearing on Skype, I think he was banned for swearing in an uploaded clip to XBL.
And in the other thread someone posted that Microsoft was reversing those bans.

This must be a bug because this can't be real. Like at all.

Edit. Also, does this affect your reputation score? Because that line "past behavior" sounds like it does.

The cutesy feely language in the Xbone UI is amazing. The GB livestream with hits like "Where's the Internet?" and "Not sure what happened there." and "Something terribly wrong has happened."

Tml Matus

Banned
Entrecôte;91259911 said:
They got banned from Gold for profanity (probably during multiplayer match) and can't use Skype as a result (it requires gold). Same consequences as on 360, nothing new.

Nothing new? ... that's crazy. I can understand if you get banned from using the game in question but to take away your full console privileges that you paid for is nuts.

Speevy

Banned
Kinect: "I saw a young lady over at your house today, but she didn't match the profile of your wife. I think you should consider renewing your subscription and purchasing more downloadable content. I think you'll agree that this is a mutually beneficial arrangement."

nemesun

"Xbox, my wife is in labor, what should I do?"
"because of your past behavior, you can't Xbox Live gold is required."

glaurung

Would it know if I swear in Spanish?
I bet it would not react to meecrub.

But this is some serious bullshit. I understand public channels that require less cussing, but a private chat/call? Oh you Microsoft, making my PS4 purchase all this much more reasonable.

Mudkips

Banned
Swearing on the internet? Remember:
j9og2vol.png

If this is legit, doesn't it all but confirm MS are listening to private chats via Skype? Someone needs to investigate further as this doesn't seem to make a lick of sense...

Top Bottom