• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Tan

I was actually just gonna try to see if I could get online working but I might have to wait 24 hours?

ohgod I need to connect online to find my friend code? uh ohh

I don't think I've ever actually tried playing Brawl online on this wii

Tan

I'm down to play if anyone wants to get on. Haha, we have to have two people who can get on at the same time eventually!

I'd play with you if I could. What do I need to download to connect to the new server? I have the Project M wifi version download. I don't think I know my brawl friend code also...

Tan

Yeah, you have to get a new friend code (I couldn't find mine either). It's a bit of a pain, but follow these instructions if you want to get it up and running.

Is the Project M (Hackless) here the same one that's on the Project M site? I think I'm just missing what I need to download to access the new server.

Well

Apparently I did have my old friend code and it worked. But it's showing up on wiimmfi as RSBJ? Anyway I'm... online. I'll add everyone on the list and hopefully this all worked.

I don't know who's in charge of the list but
Friend Code: 3008-6986-2921
EST
Mains: Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon

Is the Project M (Hackless) here the same one that's on the Project M site? I think I'm just missing what I need to download to access the new server.

Well

Apparently I did have my old friend code and it worked. But it's showing up on wiimmfi as RSBJ? Anyway I'm... online. I'll add everyone on the list and hopefully this all worked.

I don't know who's in charge of the list but
Friend Code: 3008-6986-2921
EST
Mains: Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon
That'd be me, kind sir. I'll go ahead and add you to the document. Nice to know I have some Mario competition going forward!

Also, I'm jumping online if anyone wants to play.

I can understand why people that have played Brawl but not played Project M hate Project M, but hating on a project m and thinking Brawl is superior after playing both? Even alternating between the 2 to compare? How the fuck could anyone appreciate the dung pie brawl after playing P:M?

Cody_D165

Banned
I can understand why people that have played Brawl but not played Project M hate Project M, but hating on a project m and thinking Brawl is superior after playing both? Even alternating between the 2 to compare? How the fuck could anyone appreciate the dung pie brawl after playing P:M?

Preference my man

I love PM and Melee to death but I don't really hate Brawl either. Every Smash game is fun to me. Brawl is the most defensive Smash, and some people actually really enjoy that.

Does anyone here play over Dolphin netplay? I was just setting that up on my new laptop and man does it feel more responsive. Another pro of it is that those stupid server errors we seem to have all the time are of no concern.

Can't wait to get my USB to GC adapter to explore it further. Anyone else here play PM on Dolphin netplay?

Does anyone here play over Dolphin netplay? I was just setting that up on my new laptop and man does it feel more responsive. Another pro of it is that those stupid server errors we seem to have all the time are of no concern.

Can't wait to get my USB to GC adapter to explore it further. Anyone else here play PM on Dolphin netplay?
Nah, my computer is slow enough as it is (it's an iMac, but it's starting to show its age). If Smash 4's online suck, I may look into it, but for now I'm just waiting for Smash Wii U.

Nah, my computer is slow enough as it is (it's an iMac, but it's starting to show its age). If Smash 4's online suck, I may look into it, but for now I'm just waiting for Smash Wii U.

Yeah, I definitely feel the pain of having a slow computer. I've had nothing but budget laptops for 5 years. My new retina MacBook Pro is sort of an amazing fluke. I actually heard it was awful for games, so I'm thrilled that it emulates Brawl so well. I guess "awful for games" translates to PC enthusiasts as "can only emulate it at full speed in 1x or 2x the resolution"

You want to play again today Oric? What would be a good time for you. if so?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Project M team readjusted Classic Alt Link's Master Sword.

6PRA2az.png

Gk1gXPb.png

Marth alt's cape.

Ez5Z9WN.png

Ike's Hector ALT

OlkUiQP.png

oEEfFJE.jpg

Yeah, that's the only way I play actually. Don't get a chance to do it too often though since I'm in Europe.

Yeah, I definitely feel the pain of having a slow computer. I've had nothing but budget laptops for 5 years. My new retina MacBook Pro is sort of an amazing fluke. I actually heard it was awful for games, so I'm thrilled that it emulates Brawl so well. I guess "awful for games" translates to PC enthusiasts as "can only emulate it at full speed in 1x or 2x the resolution"

You want to play again today Oric? What would be a good time for you. if so?
I wish I could, but I'm about to start a hellish week at work. This upcoming Saturday and Monday I'm off, so those'll be the days I'm trying to get on.

Project M team readjusted Classic Alt Link's Master Sword.

Marth alt's cape.

Ike's Hector ALT
Those look sick!

I've considered it, but I haven't ripped Brawl to my PC yet. Also don't have the GC adapter. Maybe I'll give it a shot with my 360 controller soon, just to see how well it runs.

Servers have been down all day from what I understand. I could play, if by some miracle they are actually running. I've been playing netplay a bit today with my PS3 controller, and though I suck with a PS3 controller, the responsiveness is absolutely amazing

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

You can like Brawl more and not HATE project M.

I think both are cool. I haven't spent enough time with Project M to really know if it's better, but by virtue of it having more content it sort of sits above.

It can feel a bit weird to play characters you were only half familiar with though.

Roofy

So I just played Project M at a friends house and I'm hooked.

I know it's not supported but is there a way to load Project M without needing the Brawl disk in? I'm spoiled by the Wii GAF Homebrew walkthrough

Top Bottom