• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

CMp3_tbVEAA7-AZ.jpg

a little blurry but now I can play karuta

jnWake

Almost done with FE8 (Sacred Stones) now, just the last chapter left. This is my second playthrough, cleared Eirika's path first and now did Ephraim's. I'd say this is a pretty good game, not sure why it has a bit of a bad rep. Branching promotions are cool, story is interesting in some aspects and I liked having a map.

**SPOILERS**

Only thing I'd criticize is that the pacing of the story is a bit weird, especially in Eirika's path. I felt it was very anticlimatic when after Scorched Sands Ephraim appears and is like "Oh yeah I wrecked Grado and now the war is over". I felt like I had accomplished nothing haha. On the other side, having the Renais battle with Orson after beating Vigarde, Caellach and Valter felt like a massive step down in relevance and difficulty.

Draxal

Almost done with FE8 (Sacred Stones) now, just the last chapter left. This is my second playthrough, cleared Eirika's path first and now did Ephraim's. I'd say this is a pretty good game, not sure why it has a bit of a bad rep. Branching promotions are cool, story is interesting in some aspects and I liked having a map.

**SPOILERS**

Only thing I'd criticize is that the pacing of the story is a bit weird, especially in Eirika's path. I felt it was very anticlimatic when after Scorched Sands Ephraim appears and is like "Oh yeah I wrecked Grado and now the war is over". I felt like I had accomplished nothing haha. On the other side, having the Renais battle with Orson after beating Vigarde, Caellach and Valter felt like a massive step down in relevance and difficulty.

I think people were too attached to Elibe as it was the first game for alot of people, I liked Sacred Stones myself

NeonZ

The main issue with it is unit balance. Seth can easily solo the game, and he's actually as good or even better than all other cavaliers/paladins. The enemies also have fairly low stats overall. The trainee characters don't end up better than other good characters, in spite of being harder to train.

It also was the third game in the same engine, and, in spite of adding class branching, it just felt like the base game didn't actually change enough back then.

L95

The main issue with it is unit balance. Seth can easily solo the game, and he's actually as good or even better than all other cavaliers/paladins. The enemies also have fairly low stats overall. The trainee characters don't end up better than other good characters, in spite of being harder to train.

On top of this, the localization actually weakened bosses and enemies. (The Japanese version is still easy though lol)

Though yeah, I don't mind Elibe but I'm pretty sure so many peeps like it due to it being their first FE, I expect to see this sentiment regarding Awakening become even more stated when we move away from it a bit.

On top of this, the localization actually weakened bosses and enemies. (The Japanese version is still easy though lol)

Though yeah, I don't mind Elibe but I'm pretty sure so many peeps like it due to it being their first FE, I expect to see this sentiment regarding Awakening become even more stated when we move away from it a bit.

on the other hand, the localization slightly nerfed Franz, Vanessa, and Artur, and of course nerfed the shit out of Eirika route Cormag

anyway, FE7 in the west is like FE3 in Japan (though Awakening kind of screws with this comparison, because FE3>Awakening in Japan but Awakening>FE7 in the west saleswise)

L95

on the other hand, the localization slightly nerfed Franz, Vanessa, and Artur, and of course nerfed the shit out of Eirika route Cormag

At least it gave Creature Campagin Lyon better growths than 10% across the board.

(I know that doesn't matter but that really amuses me)

Bumping, as it looks like the Lucina figma is finally coming out.

No more jokes about the Lucina figma getting delayed again :(

(lol)

also, because I was bored today (I might even edit in averages for each stat if I'm extra bored):

Code:
Game        Average Growths   Effective Growths*
FE1         265.38            218.85
FE2         154.22            154.22
FE3 book 1  276.26            228.00
FE3 book 2  281.89            231.22
FE4 gen 1   253.75            245.42
FE5         286.29            279.37
FE6         280.04            280.04
FE7         289.02            289.02
FE8         307.58            307.58
FE9         355.78            339.56
FE10        327.75            363.31
FE11        250.37            249.86
FE12        326.64            325.72
FE13        420.86            397.93

*Effective Growths is determined using HP+(higher of strength and magic, or whichever one the unit actually uses)+skill+speed+luck+defense+resistance 
(i.e. weapon level, build, movement don't count); yes, FE5 magic will get counted as resistance

other things:
  • While weapon level/build probably should count to some extent, it doesn't really change the trend that much.
  • FE2 really is the black sheep of the series.
  • In games with reclassing, only the growths in the base class count.
  • Units that cannot gain any levels (i.e. Athos, Yodel) as well as Merlinus and avatar units do not count (the first two for not being relevant, the latter for potential variance).
  • Similarly, FE4 gen 2 and the Awakening kids aren't included.
  • Awakening doesn't include the 6 spotpass units. Why? Because I can.
  • Aptitude was included for Donnel (and will be for Mozume if I get there).
  • In FE10, laguz growths for non-HP/luck stats are doubled in the effective calculation; after all, when they transform, their stats do get doubled.
  • I would include Fates, but I'm too lazy to actually enter all the growths myself instead of copypastas from Serenes.
  • lol Ronan

L95

Did you include or exclude the trial map characters in FE6, 8, and 9?
(I actually don't know much about the FE9 trial map peeps, if they don't have growths or something then nvm lol)

Did you include or exclude the trial map characters in FE6, 8, and 9?
(I actually don't know much about the FE9 trial map peeps, if they don't have growths or something then nvm lol)

Didn't count them either, I didn't even see growths for the FE6/9 trial map guys so lol

Busaiku

My Lucina Figma was brought to my house, but I wasn't home and can't get it till tomorrow. So I can't get it till Monday...

L95

Amiami hasn't shipped mine yet, but I expect them to do so in the next few hours since I paid for her late yesterday.

Draxal

Man, the Japanese Nintendo magazines have so much stuff about fire emblem. Kinda grumpy that we can't equivalent in the states, also got my shipping notice for Lucina from Amiami.

Can't wait.

L95

I picked the slowpoke shipping as usual, so I don't expect my Lucina to get to my place for at least a week or two lol

L95

SAL?
You mean a month or 2.

Huh, I've been ordering stuff with sal for about a year and a half now (I'll generally just get one package a month), and nothing's taken over 3 weeks (usually two weeks). I guess I'm just really lucky lol

Draxal

Huh, I've been ordering stuff with sal for about a year and a half now (I'll generally just get one package a month), and nothing's taken over 3 weeks (usually two weeks). I guess I'm just really lucky lol

Sal's been good to me the one time I tried it, I was kinda suprised that it came in a week personally, since I'm east coast (though near a major port/transit hub in nyc).

Busaiku

Bleh, if they do more Fire Emblem figures for characters I care about, I really hope it's not Figmas.
Too complicated and not cute enough. Luckily Marth is a Nendoroid.

Draxal

Bleh, if they do more Fire Emblem figures for characters I care about, I really hope it's not Figmas.
Too complicated and not sure enough. Luckily Marth is a Nendoroid.

I don't know the figma lucina is really simple, as was the only other figma I have (Samus). Both of them are top notch.

I'm picking up marth and caeda up for sure though, I wonder who else would they go in for shadow dragon for a nendo.

My choices would be Kain, Abel, Ogma, Navarre, and Tiki. Of those I think only Tiki would have a shot though.

Also, I want more fem robin representation (or at least a fem robin amiibo). I played the game as male robin (not the fault one), but I think fem robin deserves just the same amount of screen time.

Chrom

I'd be really surprised if there wasn't. They'll probably be announced further down the line, maybe after Series 2 hits.

I don't think it was mentioned here yet, but they did recently announce that they'll broadcast another livestream event shortly before the release of Series 2. I believe next weekend. Any additional details regarding Series 3 could theoretically pop up there too.

I don't think it was mentioned here yet, but they did recently announce that they'll broadcast another livestream event shortly before the release of Series 2. I believe next weekend. Any additional details regarding Series 3 could theoretically pop up there too.

Yeah, I have it marked down for 12th September on my calendar.

Top Bottom