• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Game Recommendations/Condemnations | Thread 2 | Two screens, three dimensions!

Certinty

How is Xenoblade Chronicles? I want to give it a try but I've heard it's hard and requires some grinding? If that's the case I'll give it a miss. I'm wanting an easy RPG just for the story and exploration.

I highly recommend Bust-a-move Universe for 3DS (I personally played it on my 2DS). It's a really fun puzzle game where you shoot bubbles to match the same color and get them to disappear. An Amazon reviewer recommended Space Bust-a-move as well, but I didn't like that as much. In that one, if you got a game over on a puzzle you had to start the whole world you were on over again, which means you could have to replay puzzles you already beat. Plus Bust-a-move Universe has a guideline that is always on so you can see where your bubble will land.

Yeah, I thought it was good. Some retro consoles have several thousand replies. But this one is pretty barren.

I'm wondering how the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game is myself.

Marz

I need to get back into 3DS. I havent bought a new game for it since Awakening, which is a shame because i love it just been super busy.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2DS? Thinking about picking one up

I need to get back into 3DS. I havent bought a new game for it since Awakening, which is a shame because i love it just been super busy.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2DS? Thinking about picking one up

Despite being the cheapest one, the 2DS is my favorite. It's my go-to for virtual console and digital games. I like mine a lot.

Mephala

My last 3ds purchase is MH4U. Quickly escalated to my favourite game on the platform.
Lots of content, some of my favourite monsters from second gen MH
Tigrex, Te ostracised, Rajang, Kushala Daora
and some of the monsters that are not present can have their armour and weapon crafted via materials trade at the new shop.
The new single player take on story isn't half as bad as I expected. Kinda grows on me.

ryseing

Hey folks. Going on a trip in which I'll have lots of downtime and I want to get a new game or two. One retail and one digital should do the trick.

I own most of the games mentioned in the OP and the ones I don't I really have no interest in, so fire away with other recommendations. I want to know if there's anything notable I've missed out on. Do note that I have a profound dislike for MH because of regular 3DS related hand cramping. I would prefer something actiony as I'm not a huge RPG fan and I have turn based strategy covered with Ghost Recon.

Top Bottom