• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adapter unlocks support for mouse and keyboard, DS4 and more controllers

chadskin

Modders have managed to unlock mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One - as well as the use of pretty much any other kind of controller.

The video below shows DualShock 3 and 4 pads, a Wii Pro Controller, and a mouse and keyboard being used to control Xbox One launch titles Killer Instinct and Call of Duty: Ghosts.

It's made possible via the latest version of the CronusMAX mod, which is now compatible with Xbox One consoles.

"This is perfect for those who love their old 360 controllers, or had a real expensive modded 360 controller and now don't have to worry about buying another," modding outfit Team Xecutor explained. "Or want that extra edge by playing with a keyboard and mouse."

It goes without saying that modding your console is a risky business and instantly invalidates any warranty. It can also give players a sneaky natural advantage when using alternative controller types. Tut.

via Eurogamer

--> Video of the magic

cronusmax.JPG

Official CronusMax page with additional information

zainetor

Banned
Goddamn... If ypu can use a 360 pad, why not a stick ?

Edit. Yeah in the video he uses an old stick too. Does this device add some sort of lag?

Brannon

What in god's fuck is going on with this console? First the (freezeone.reboot) magic, and now this?

~oh my!~

HariKari

Is it true support or just emulation? Devices that claim to translate KB+M to consoles have generally been pretty bad in the past.

Alx

So is it a program on a PC emulating the signals of a Xone controller, or is there some deeper modification of the console ? They're talking about invalidating warranty, so I suppose there's some action required on the console itself.

jediyoshi

Huh, 'unlock' is an odd way to phrase it. Implies the functionality was already there and locked away, I'm guessing that's not actually the case?

TheCloser

Banned
It's been less than a month and they've basically cracked the security wide open. It's just a matter of time till we see custom firmware.

Hasney

Is it true support or just emulation? Devices that claim to translate KB+M to consoles have generally been pretty bad in the past.

It translates the keys and keyboard to XB1 input, so it's just the same as the old mods (EG not great for KB+M support).

The biggest thing this opens up is fighting game cheating as it has macros and rapid fire mods for those one button combos.

Brannon

Waitaminit, this is one of those dongle things? Well that makes more sense then. Never mind what I was previously thinking...

This isn't a Xbox One mod, this is a controller addon that takes a variety of USB pads as inputs and converts it so as to fake an Xbox One controller.

This is still great news though, but it needs to be lagless for it to actually be worthwhile. I can see a lot of fighting game fans picking this up if so.

There is no console mod involved here. It's a peripheral device that converts other controller actions to XB1 button actions.

Don't go getting ahead of yourself. It's likely due to the devkit options.

No actual console modding is involved here.

Finalizer

That's actually really cool, though I suspect there'll be some console bans being handed out in the wake of this. Still, it'd be nice to at least allow various controllers in all games and keep M&KB around for OS/app stuff.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind about the OS thing, looks like it's basically just a sort of hardware controller emulator thingy. Still cool though.

Hasney

Here's the full list of supported controllers for those interested

WIRELESS CONTROLLERS

OFFICIAL MICROSOFT XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER
OFFICIAL SONY SIXAXIS DUALSHOCK 3 CONTROLLER
OFFICIAL SONY PS3 NAVIGATION CONTROLLER
OFFICIAL NINTENDO WII REMOTE + [NUNCHUCK, CLASSIC CONTROLLER, CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO]
OFFICIAL NINTENTO WII REMOTE WITH MOTION PLUS INSIDE + [EXTENSIONS AS ABOVE]
OFFICIAL NINTENDO WII U PRO CONTROLLER

PS4 WIRED CONTROLLERS

(054C:05C4) OFFCIAL SONY DUALSHOCK 4 CONTROLLER WITH USB CABLE

ANY CONTROLLER WITH HARDWARE ID = (054C:05C4) SHOULD WORK.
ANY PS4 HID CONTROLLER SHOULD WORK.

PS3 WIRED CONTROLLERS

(054C:0268) SONY SIXAXIS DUALSHOCK 3 CONTROLLER WITH USB CABLE
(054C:042F) SONY NAVIGATION CONTROLLER WITH USB CABLE
(054C:0268) SPLITFISH FRAGFX V1
(054C:0268) FRAGFX V2 / SE
(054C:0268) HORI PS3 FIGHTING COMMANDER 3 PRO
(054C:0268) DUAL SFX FRAG PRO
(054C:0268) FRAGFX BARRACUDA
(054C:0268) FRAGFX PIRANHA

ANY CONTROLLER WITH HARDWARE ID = (054C:0268) SHOULD WORK

XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLLERS

(045E:028E) OFFICIAL MS XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLLER
(045E:028E) DATEL WIRED CONTROLLER V2
(046D:C242) LOGITECH CHILLSTREAM
(06A3:F51A) SAITEK P3600
(0E6F:0213) AFTERGLOW AX.1 (PDP – MODEL PL-3602)
(0738:4716) MADCATZ XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
(0738:4718) MADCATZ STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTSTICK SE
(0738:4726) MADCATZ PRO FOR XBOX 360
(0738:4728) MADCATZ STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTPAD
(0738:4736) MADCATZ 360 MICROCON
(0738:4738) MADCATZ ARCADE GAMESTICK (STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTSTICK TE)
(0738:4740) MADCATZ BEAT PAD
(0738:B726) MADCATZ XBOX CONTROLLER – MW2
(0738:B738) MADCATZ ARCADE FIGHTSTICK TOURNAMENT EDITION
(0738:BEEF) MADCATZ JOYTECH NEO SE ADVANCED
(0738:CB02) SAITEK CYBORG RUMBLE PAD – PC/XBOX 360
(0738:CB03) SAITEK P3200 RUMBLE PAD – PC/XBOX 360
(0738:F738) MADCATZ SUPER SFIV FIGHTSTICK TE S
(0E6F:0113) AFTERGLOW AX.1 WIRED CONTROLLER
(0E6F:0201) PELICAN XSZ WIRED CONTROLLER (TSZ360 PAD)
(0F0D:000A) HORI DOA4 FIGHTSTICK
(0F0D:000C) HORI PAD EX TURBO
(0F0D:000D) HORI EX2 FIGHTER STICK
(0F0D:0016) HORI REAL ARCADE PRO EX
(12AB:0004) DDR UNIVERSE 2 MAT
(12AB:0301) PDP AFTERGLOW AX.1
(15E4:3F00) POWER A MINI PRO ELITE
(15E4:3F0A) AIRFLO (POWER A – MODEL 010022)
(162E:BEEF) JOYTECH NEO-SE TAKE2
(1689:FD00) ONZA TOURNAMENT EDITION (RAZER – RZ06-0047)
(1689:FD01) RAZER ONZA SE
(1BAD:5500) THIRD-PARTY XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
(1BAD:F016) THIRD-PARTY MADCATZ XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
(1BAD:F028) STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTPAD
(1BAD:F501) HORI PAD EX2 TURBO
(1BAD:F502) HORI HRAP VX-SA
(1BAD:F900) AFTERGLOW AX.1 WIRED CONTROLLER
(1BAD:F901) GAMESTOP XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
(1BAD:F903) TRON XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
(1BAD:FD00) RAZER ONZA TE
(24C6:5300) MINI PRO EX (POWER A – MODEL 010027)

Varg

Banned
Wow, that's actually really cool. Looks like it's just a USB device and no tampering with the innards? I may be interested in this.

Vice

This isn't a Xbox One mod, this is a controller addon that takes a variety of USB pads as inputs and converts it so as to fake an Xbox One controller.

This is still great news though, but it needs to be lagless for it to actually be worthwhile. I can see a lot of fighting game fans picking this up if so.

Their previous converters had no lag for what that's worth.

Donos

If i'm reading it correct it's more like these FragFish things that only mimic/use the inputs? It's no "real" mouse support?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Cronus doesn't have a great rep in the fighting game community, fwiw. I know some specific models of their converter dongles have been banned at tournaments because they cause input drops on the other player's controller.

rip fps pad players
Pretty sure you're going to be disappointed at what this thing actually does.

RyudBoy

HOLY SHIT!

This happened way sooner than I ever expected. Fucking MS will probably ban people though, greedy fucks.

Billen

Banned
Just because you can connect a controller it doesn't mean the game works well with it, as shown by a multitude of "play FPS on console with mouse/keyboard" devices last gen. However, I assume this is interesting for people wanting to experience the console with other controllers.

Top Bottom