• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising PC release date Jan 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelta

Neo Member
How often you use Blade Mode?

A lot. A whole lot. The game is basically designed around parrying and Blade Mode. Parry to avoid taking damage and get a free counterattack if you nail it, Blade mode to Zandatsu the enemy for a full health/energy recharge.

You pretty much do this for well over half the enemies you meet in the game. So every 5 minutes? No. Try every 10-15 seconds in a big brawl.

Yep it seems i can't play on laptop.Thanks for the answer.

So theoretically speaking users with higher end DX9/10 cards for their time (like the GTX 280/285 and ATI Radeon 4850/4870/4890) could potentially still run this. I suspect the both min and rec specs are taking into account locked 60 FPS performance all the time, and weaker machines would be capable of running this with FPS dips of course/and or with lower rendering resolutions/performance options , just like on the consoles.

Still looking forward to buying this game and trying it out on both my desktop and much weaker laptop lol.
It seems this is what i'm going to try.I have a desktop which have Q9300 and 4850 at home (I live at dorm now).I wonder it could work like that.

How big is the game on consoles? Surprised at 25 GB.

Prerendered video cutscenes. Hopefully the high quality PS3 ones.

Wouldn't be surprised if the specs listed are overkill.

I'm honestly surprised about the i7 3770 recommendation. Probably to make sure this game runs at locked 60fps on your machine. It ran at 60 fps on consoles. Imagine the game will slow down like crazy if you can't meet the framerate.

Neiteio

Wow, BOSS SELECT?! This feature single-handedly sells me on the PC version. I can fight Mistral and Monsoon all day! And this also means I can skip straight to Armstrong! (That stealth section and Metal Gear fight beforehand always was a tad tedious if you just wanted to face the Senator)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Protip to new PC slasher and dicers: don't try to get the Re-vengeance achievement, don't try to finish the VR missions, don't collect 200. It will make you hate the game, hate yourself, and hate life throughout all creation.

Seriously though, VR missions are awful.

I'm going to second this. Because honestly the VR missions are the most enraging thing in the world, after getting gold on them all I had to take a 4 month long break from the game and I couldn't bring myself to go through all S ranks on revengeance.

That shit is hell.

My pro tip is just to have fun with it. Because there is a shit ton to enjoy, going through the game multiple times to experience the stages over and over is so satisfying.

I'm honestly surprised about the i7 3770 recommendation. Probably to make sure this game runs at locked 60fps on your machine. It ran at 60 fps on consoles. Imagine the game will slow down like crazy if you can't meet the framerate.

I have to imagine it's just some random highend CPU they pulled out of nowhere. I can't see this game utilizing more than 4 threads. I'd honestly be surprised if it used more than 2 cores. If this game performed noticeably better on an i7 over and i5 I'd be shocked.

Gbraga

I have to imagine it's just some random highend CPU they pulled out of nowhere. I can't see this game utilizing more than 4 threads. I'd honestly be surprised if it used more than 2 cores. If this game performed noticeably better on an i7 over and i5 I'd be shocked.

I can see it if it's for zangeki maxed out while keeping 60fps with no drops whatsoever during very intense blade mode sequences.

Other than that, yep, overkill.

Can't wait! Easily one of the best games of the year for me and it's been long enough to be somewhat fresh for a new play through. The boss selecting sounds great as well. It's insane how many high quality boss fights this game had.

Hypron

Don't worry, it will be a lot easier this time since the white armor is included.

Frankly, use the infinite sub-weapon wig for that encounter and spam EM grenades and missiles to kill the GRAD. As long as you don't die you're guaranteed an S rank.

Bloomers

This whole deal is a steal!
However, I absolutely NEED this version of the game to come to PS3. Boss rush would be a dream come true.

Arsenic13

I wonder if this (and Castlevania LoS PC) selling well will convince Konami to support the PC platform. I doubt we'll see any older stuff come to PC, like Silent Hill: Downpour, but starting with MGS5 would be nice.

so suppose there was a person that hasn't played any Metal Gear beyond Twin Snakes

should that person still buy?

Of course, but you might enjoy it more if you played MGS4.

MGR fills in a lot of holes in MGS4's plot, because
nanomachines, son
explains a lot of the goofy shit in that game.

Really? I never got below an S rank on that encounter (when I was going for an s-rank) and I s-ranked it in every difficulty.

Hey can I get some help? I was in the middle of attempting an s rank run on hard no wigs, isn't taking no damage the most important factor in reaching S ranks? also any advice on dealing with machine gun enemies? launchers always ended in me getting shot atleast once.

SparkTR

Why would you ever not like Bayonetta?

Also, it's more comparable to the Ninja Gaiden type of action game than the DMC and Bayo games.

I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese action games, TW101 was the first that really grabbed me (though it's a pretty unique game even within the genre). I'll give this a shot maybe.

Hypron

Hey can I get some help? I was in the middle of attempting an s rank run on hard no wigs, isn't taking no damage the most important factor in reaching S ranks? also any advice on dealing with machine gun enemies? launchers always ended in me getting shot atleast once.

The encounter in the lobby is special, the requirements to get an s-rank are pretty low. You don't need the no damage bonus at all. You might need to get some Zandatsus to compensate but nothing too hard. I never actually tried to s-rank this encounter without the infinite sub weapon wig (it's the only encounter which I use a wig for) so I can't really help you if you want to do the legit way.
Although, the smoke grenades prevent enemies from firing at you do you might want to look into those.

Assburger

Neo Member
Having an i5 760, am I good to go?

Someone should tell you that this game runs at 60 fps even on console so the requirements are most likely overkill and you will be fine. No wait, i will do that:
"This game runs at 60 fps even on console so the requirements are most likely overkill, you will be fine."

Hypron

Someone should tell you that this game runs at 60 fps even on console so the requirements are most likely overkill and you will be fine, no wait, i will do that:
"This game runs at 60 fps even on console so the requirements are most likely overkill, you will be fine."

Cutting things in pieces on the console version absolutely kills the framerate so I guess the recommended specs are high because they are for running the game at a solid 60fps framerate, as opposed to running at 50-60 with drops as low as 10fps.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Use smokes so that the launcher guys cant shoot you while you take them out.

There are tons of methods on youtube.

I'd just use a wig though. No one cares if you beat the game without them. It's not really an impressive feat either way.

Cutting things in pieces on the console version absolutely kills the framerate so I guess the recommended specs are high because they are for running the game at a solid 60fps framerate, as opposed to running at 50-60 with drops as low as 10fps

That's probably what Zangeki is as well. Allowing you to adjust maximum amount of cuts to preserve performance.

Good option if that's truly what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom