• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One leaking liquid? - Two cases reported so far

Actually, the majority of cases I've dealt with have been issues where the hardware is most definitely at fault. Again, it's not anything to do with the xbone, but saying that customers create all the issues themselves is a bit much.

I'm just confirming here that electronics leaking liquids or residue, as bizarre as it seems, does happen.

Thanks rich

Quoted for quality

XK7wSYU.gif

SO appropriate

LAA

Ha ha love the comments, ha ha.
Its just ironic/sad, ha ha, as it seemed MS really wanted to avoid another RROD this time (At least thats how it seems to me having half of the console being a massive fan, ha ha).

Seems we may be further away from a "Reliable" slim X1 than I thought if they can't make X1's reliable yet... Maybe I'm being too harsh though, seems very rare these issues.
Seems there isnt too much I've heard thats wrong with X1 machines atm though, though I've heard a greater variety, for PS4's I've only heard about the BLOD... and perhaps the HDMI slot.

Hawk269

LOLOLOL at all the jokes.....well it's really weird a gadget leaking sticky white stuff

What is more bizarre is that whatever it is it is coming up and out, not down and out which seems a little weird to me. I build a lot of gaming computers for people and never seen something leaking upwards. The pictures looks like something leaked onto the system, not something coming out of it and upwards.

The fan is not moving fast enough to push liquid upwards..main reason they went with a larger fan was to give better cooling at a lower RPM to reduce noise levels/cooling effectiveness. A fan needs to be running pretty damn fast to cause a liquid to be pushed up and through it.

Rich!

What is more bizarre is that whatever it is it is coming up and out, not down and out which seems a little weird to me. I build a lot of gaming computers for people and never seen something leaking upwards. The pictures looks like something leaked onto the system, not something coming out of it and upwards.

The fan is not moving fast enough to push liquid upwards..main reason they went with a larger fan was to give better cooling at a lower RPM to reduce noise levels/cooling effectiveness. A fan needs to be running pretty damn fast to cause a liquid to be pushed up and through it.

Residue can form through condensation. It's not as if there's a hose inside shooting jizz upwards.

Ghazi

It's a feature, it is an all in one device after all. I'm grilling hot dogs on mine as we speak, who needs their George Foreman PS3 grills? I sure as hell don't, with Xbox Live Gold I even have a Sauna option for the room it's in.

You'll never need another product again!

Vashetti

Banned
It's a feature, it is an all in one device after all. I'm grilling hot dogs on mine as we speak, who needs their George Foreman PS3 grills? I sure as hell don't, with Xbox Live Gold I even have a Sauna option for the room it's in.

You'll never need another product again!

Truly revolutionising the living room.

sekrit

Banned
Christ, that's a lot of fat caps across the board! It been a few years since I've seem that many in a high-end consumer device.
I know much of it is to sync with TV signals worldwide, but that lot under the heatsink itself are in a terrible position!

It's probably just couple bad components in the batch. If capacitor overheats, its usually too much voltage or faulty device. I doubt that the apu gives so much heat that it affects the capacitor here.

Nachtmaer

Christ, that's a lot of fat caps across the board! It been a few years since I've seem that many in a high-end consumer device.
I know much of it is to sync with TV signals worldwide, but that lot under the heatsink itself are in a terrible position!

It's nothing out of the ordinary for a motherboard. Even graphics cards can have that many nowadays.

Top Bottom