• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

I just bought a ticket to board the titanic and my wii u should be coming in tomorrow or thursday so now I have sudden interest in these threads.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Great OP.

But has X really been confirmed for 2014 or are you just being optimistic?

I really hope we get some new infos about SMT x FE soon.

dreamfall

Once Bayonetta 2 arrives, I'll be there.

Got Super Mario 3D World, and Zombi U waiting on the shelf in plastic.

It's going to be a great year for the Wii U!

Got a Wii U for Christmas, really enjoying it so far. Got Mario 3D World (great fun), Zelda WW HD (AMAZING), Deus Ex: Human Rev director's cut (good fun) and ZombiU (too scared to try this :lol)

Looking to pick up Rayman Legends, maybe NintendoLand and Lego City Undercover. How are these?

I want to see more remakes of GC and Wii games ala Wind Waker since it only took 6 months to do WWHD. Xenoblade, The Last Story, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Captain Rainbow, Zangeki no REGINLEIV, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Excite Truck (could give Monster training wheels (HA) for a true sequel on Wii U), Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Pikmin 1 & 2, so much to choose, so much to see!

maxcriden

Nice thread!

I'm a new Wii U owner (or will be - I ordered one today and it's due to arrive on Thursday!) so I should really play what i've missed before I start buying the 2014 release games but this looks like it is going to be a good year for Wii U games.

You're in for a treat! What'd you pick up?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
X Has been listed as a 2014 title world wide for a while now on Nintendo's schedule.
Indeed.

131031efcspu.png

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/131031e.pdf

The Third Quarter Earnings Release for FY13 is scheduled for the 29th of January next year. We'll get an updated list then.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Great OP.

But has X really been confirmed for 2014 or are you just being optimistic?

I really hope we get some new infos about SMT x FE soon.

Yoshi, zelda and fire emblem were never cited as 2014, others are. I think yoshi will be out in 14 tough, together with at least another unannnunced game

I want to see more remakes of GC and Wii games ala Wind Waker since it only took 6 months to do WWHD. Xenoblade, The Last Story, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Captain Rainbow, Zangeki no REGINLEIV, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Excite Truck (could give Monster training wheels (HA) for a true sequel on Wii U), Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Pikmin 1 & 2, so much to choose, so much to see!

Yep some great 5-6 games in the gen with the HD treatment would be great. Metroid Prime would be great but don't think we will get it. I just played MP 3 so I am missing the other games, would be great in HD.

Some others:

Eternal Darkness
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine/64
Xenoblade
Last Story
SMG1 and 2
Zelda TP
Sooo many games...

Riposte

If you going to mention Call of Duty and Batman, might as well mention Splinter Cell as its way better than both.

Some Nobody

Yoshi, zelda and fire emblem were never cited as 2014, others are. I think yoshi will be out in 14 tough, together with at least another unannnunced game

Hopefully SMTxFE. Nintendo needs to build a library with as many genres covered as they can.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see another HD Gamecube or Wii remake, along with a retail release of Wii Sports Club once all the sports are done.

I'm also excited for Trine 2 being released. Like Rayman Legends, it's being localised and published (I think) by Nintendo here in Japan.

Roo

I'm really excited for Mario Kart 8.
Mario Kart 7 was great but missing key features and characters really bothered me
and I really loved Sonic All Stars but.. let's be honest, game is nowhere near Mario Kart's level. It is pretty forgettable.

I can't stand Mario Kart Wii's online.
That shit is polluted with hackers and cheaters.

GetemMa

Oh how I wish Zelda U was for 2014.

But it isn't.

Nintendo's big Fall/Winter release is Smash Bros people, lets accept that and look forward to it.

The one I really hope comes next year is "X"

Give me this game now!

ajim

Beautiful thread, great work!

I'm down for X, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Project Cars and maybe Bayo

For 2014 i kind of hope nintendo publishes more than 14 games like they did in 2013 if any studio can do it i believe nintendo can.

I am going to buy a wiiu sometime this year! I think it will be an amazing year for the system! Thanks capt. smoker for this great thread!

sörine

Banned
I bet we still get CoD & the next Assassin's Creed next holiday. Mario Kart, Smash and another price drop (hopefully in time to save Bayonetta 2) will continue to grow the install base.
We'll still get COD but I think AC is done. After Watch Dogs all I expect from Ubisoft is annual Just Dance games and maybe some UbiArt stuff. Activision will still be there with Skylanders, COD and licensed shovelware.

EA's not coming back and T2 never really got on board originally. I think Warner might be out now too besides Lego and maybe Scribblenauts if they still bother with that anymore. Disney's almost out of games entirely though I can see them keeping Infinity going.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see another HD Gamecube or Wii remake, along with a retail release of Wii Sports Club once all the sports are done.

I'm also excited for Trine 2 being released. Like Rayman Legends, it's being localised and published (I think) by Nintendo here in Japan.
Sunshine HD makes almost too much sense. It's not currently playable on Wii U, it's different enough from 3D World design wise, it could use some major retooling like TWWHD and it's likely going to be awhile before we get another original Mario.

Nintendo picking up Trine 2 is pretty interesting too. I wonder if NCL localizing western indie games might become a trend?

Effect

I know it didn't sell but anyone playing Assassin's Creed 4? Thinking of rebuying it but curious as to what the mulitplayer population is like? That or getting it just to run around the world whenever the need comes. Considering the same with Assassin's Creed 3.

EDarkness

I know it didn't sell but anyone playing Assassin's Creed 4? Thinking of rebuying it but curious as to what the mulitplayer population is like? That or getting it just to run around the world whenever the need comes. Considering the same with Assassin's Creed 3.

No idea about the online community. I do enjoy running around the world taking down ships. Great game in that regard.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Didn't want to make a new thread for this so...

mqAyD4b.jpg

... Error or just want to get rid of the Wii minis?

Effect

Likely just need a place to put them so they're out of the way. It's right next to the Wii U Wii Party U bundle. The Wii mini likely simply isn't selling. There are enough visuals there that no one should be confused in thinking the Wii Mini is the Wii U I would think. That the display box is empty in the first place for them toss the Wii minis in with the flyer for their price is a good sign.

onilink88

The time I have to dedicate to gaming has dramatically lessened, so, at the most, I'll be buying two or three of these games. But if there's one title I'm going to make sure gets the attention it deserves, it's X. Monolith is positioned to knock it out of the goddamned Milky Way with this one.

Mandatory hype .gif:
i0AFbBR8aTuP5.gif

Cool list but wish more genres were covered in 2014. There is no strategy, no sports, no simulations outside Project Cars, and no first person shooters.

ThaGuy

The time I have to dedicate to gaming has dramatically lessened, so, at the most, I'll be buying two or three of these games. But if there's one title I'm going to make sure gets the attention it deserves, it's X. Monolith is positioned to knock it out of the goddamned Milky Way with this one.

Mandatory hype .gif:
i0AFbBR8aTuP5.gif

Looking at that gif, Its almost like Nintendo knew Titanfall was releasing in 2014.

kuppy

Great to see this thread again, thank you, Captain Smoker, the overview is just fantastic and I love every new design.
Please keep it up, subbed.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I assume there's little point in readying our bodies for a Nintendo Direct broadcast in conjunction with the FY 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release on the 29th of January. It's not really needed since the call itself will provide much goodies, but perhaps a mini-Direct?

I'm very curious as to how Nintendo is going to handle the third party relations this year. Very few announced third party titles. Nintendo won't be at CES 2014 (as far as I know), so it's either through GDC or E3 they will have to communicate any new strategy. Or through Nintendo Direct broadcasts, though that seems to me the wrong place for such announcements. We'll see what they have to say by the end of the month, there ought to be a lot of cranky investors.

Riki

Rösti;95613550 said:
I assume there's little point in readying our bodies for a Nintendo Direct broadcast in conjunction with the FY 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release on the 29th of January. It's not really needed since the call itself will provide much goodies, but perhaps a mini-Direct?

I'm very curious as to how Nintendo is going to handle the third party relations this year. Very few announced third party titles. Nintendo won't be at CES 2014 (as far as I know), so it's either through GDC or E3 they will have to communicate any new strategy. Or through Nintendo Direct broadcasts, though that seems to me the wrong place for such announcements. We'll see what they have to say by the end of the month, there ought to be a lot of cranky investors.
Most third party games will come from Nintendo funded projects like Bayo2 and Zelda Musou. Expect to see more of them.

I think X will make it out in 2014 for Japan at the very least and likely in other markets as well. Yarn Yoshi looked very very early when it was shown, but that was a long time ago and the scope of the project is probably limited compared to their other titles so it might be able to make it out for Q4 2014. I don't see SMTxFE or Zelda U coming out in 2014, but I expect 4 or 5 unannounced titles to come out either retail or digitally.

Nintendo is getting a lot of money from me this year. Hopefully a game or two gets a nice preorder bonus.

Son Of D

I see X as a Q2 or Q3 2014 title in Japan. Then Q4 2014 in EU/NA, possibly Q1 2015 for either or both.

Smash is definitely Q4 worldwide, with a week or two seperating regions.

Anth0ny

2014 should be a good year.

I love how the only concrete release date we have is for Donkey Kong. How long til we get the date for Kart? Next Nintendo Direct?

HeySeuss

Since Nintendo has been so silent about Yarn Yoshi, is it possible that game was quietly scrapped and the assets loaned to Sega for the Sonic DLC?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
2014 should be a good year.

I love how the only concrete release date we have is for Donkey Kong. How long til we get the date for Kart? Next Nintendo Direct?
29th of January I think.

Top Bottom