• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Just got a pro controller from the BB sale. TTT2 is soooo much better without the gamepad. MK8 too. I just wish you could put the gamepad in sleep mode or something. It bothers me to know it's just sitting there draining it's battery lol.

Keep it in a charging cradle.
Turn display off from Pro Controller (home menu)

Dominator

84803-Man-of-Steel-Superman-screamin-mdLM.gif
My exact reaction now looking at a shelf with a red case with a blue banner on the spine, green case with a green banner on the spine, and now this banner-less spine.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I guess we can add Teslagrad to the Wii U releases this year now? It apparently is getting a physical release later this year! We also have to put Toad as Jan 2015 for Europe now.

I guess we can add Teslagrad to the Wii U releases this year now? It apparently is getting a physical release later this year! We also have to put Toad as Jan 2015 for Europe now.

Teslagrad is indie, this thread only covers physical releases. I think there is a thread for Wii U indies, it is in this OT.

edit: no it is not. I think it was closed. I think we now have the Nintendo Downloads monthly thread.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Teslagrad is indie, this thread only covers physical releases. I think there is a thread for Wii U indies, it is in this OT.

edit: no it is not. I think it was closed. I think we now have the Nintendo Downloads monthly thread.

That's what I mean..... Teslagrad is getting a physical release as in hitting retail. How is that different than Project Cars or Ducktales Remastered or something (Project Cars = indie w/ physical release - looks to be the same with Teslagrad now)? This is a thread covering retail releases, so if Teslagrad is getting a retail release on Wii U this year (as in the quote below), then we can include it, right?

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234254-...games-announce-physical-release-for-teslagrad

Norwegian game developer Rain Games and Dutch multiplatform publisher SOEDESCO are happy to announce a physical version for Teslagrad, which will be available Q4 2014 for PlayStation 3®, PlayStation 4®, Wii U™, PlayStation Vita™ and PC. After the great success of the IndieBox's limited handcrafted boxed edition, the popular puzzle platformer is about to reach new distribution channels with the assistance of an experienced partner. “We at SOEDESCO are very happy to work with Rain Games. We hope that we can share the magic of Teslagrad with everyone this year when it hits retail” said Hans van Brakel, Product Manager at Soedesco.

Lolninjacatz

Neo Member
So I've been craving a Clash of Ninja game for a while, and decided to look up info about the developer and the series in general.

I found a Wii U subsection on the on the Wikipedia article for the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto...ies)#Naruto_Shippuden:_Clash_of_Ninja_Project

It has no sources, so I think someone's just messing around on Wikipedia, but does anyone have any info about the series?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, looked like the most relevant thread to put it in.

EDIT: Never mind I looked at the revision history on Wikipedia - it's definitely someone screwing around with the article.

Phil S.

Banned
Yes, it's pretty much one of the games that take full advantage of the gamepad. Though I must warn you, the load times are fairly long.

Between starting up the game, switching in between missions, and moving from an indoor place to and outdoor (and vice versa), definitely.

Thankfully, the entire city loads at once, so there's no load times when exploring, and the city is packed and dense with content, too.

That's what I mean..... Teslagrad is getting a physical release as in hitting retail. How is that different than Project Cars or Ducktales Remastered or something (Project Cars = indie w/ physical release - looks to be the same with Teslagrad now)? This is a thread covering retail releases, so if Teslagrad is getting a retail release on Wii U this year (as in the quote below), then we can include it, right?

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234254-...games-announce-physical-release-for-teslagrad

Oh great didn´t know that. Then it should be added, my bad.

So it's starting to look pretty decent for Wii U from Sept-Dec 2014 when you include eShop & retail:

September:
Disney Infinity 2.0
Hyrule Warriors

October:
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Skylanders Trap Team
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures 2
Just Dance 2015

November:
Kenji: Rise of a Hero
Forced
Telsagrad
The Swapper
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
Watch Dogs
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (not confirmed but....)
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

December:
90's Arcade Racer
Fast Racing Neo (please make it this year)
Shanate: Half-Genie Hero
Swords and Soldiers 2
Super Smash Bros

I know there is a lot of Mega Man in August for the VC and probably some other eShop Indie games here and there but that is all I can think of right now.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
We still have no dates for Smash & Captain Toad. I'm still holding my breath on Smash Wii U releasing this year for some reason...

evanmisha

So I've been craving a Clash of Ninja game for a while, and decided to look up info about the developer and the series in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto...ies)#Naruto_Shippuden:_Clash_of_Ninja_Project

It has no sources, so I think someone's just messing around on Wikipedia, but does anyone have any info about the series?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, looked like the most relevant thread to put it in.

EDIT: Never mind I looked at the revision history on Wikipedia - it's definitely someone screwing around with the article.

Clash of Ninja is unfortunately dead.

You should have tons of fun with it, I had 3,4,ex1 and ex2. I never bought ex3.
Most likely have the most fun with the final one, it even has a hyrule warriors style mode.

anastazius

Neo Member
I love Most Wanted personally; I had trouble finding it at retail at launch, so I got it off the eShop for full price. I still don't regret it and play it regularly. It plays similarly to Burnout Paradise, so if you enjoyed that even a little, you'll like MW too I reckon.

The online if great fun too, and it has nifty uses of the gamepad that shows they really put loads of thought into the Wii U version. About the only negative I can think of is the Wii U's lack of analog triggers, which means it might take you a while to get used to the handling of the cars.

For €15 I'd definitely grab it.

Weng

I think NFS:MW is okay. It bummed me out that you can't create your own races online. You can only create playlists of existing races. The gamepad features are cool though.

ozfunghi

HMV have Most Wanted for €15; buy or no buy?

I also got Mass Effect 3 and Splinter Cell for €10.

This is in Ireland btw.

I enjoyed Splinter Cell way more than the other two. But NFS has no local multiplayer, and -my biggest gripe - no manual gears. Takes all the fun out of it for me personally and i regret buying it at full price, got carried away in the hype surrounding the game i guess. If you're looking for great games at low prices on Wii U, i would put my money toward Deus Ex HR DC or Earthbound.

PS: i just finished Earthbound... So good.

Phil S.

Banned
I think NFS:MW is okay. It bummed me out that you can't create your own races online. You can only create playlists of existing races. The gamepad features are cool though.

I got annoyed with the hard freezes. It would affect other games, too, oddly enough, and only after playing NFS:MW and that game freezing on me.

I don't think we've had official confirmation.

Now would've been the perfect time to release Watch Dogs, 2 months after MK8 and 2 months to Hyrule Warriors, watch Ubi release in November with Smash Bros. or something. And there hasn't been a word about the game since May so maybe their hoping we forget about it so they can quietly cancel it, though I'd be sad about that.

zsidane

Now would've been the perfect time to release Watch Dogs, 2 months after MK8 and 2 months to Hyrule Warriors, watch Ubi release in November with Smash Bros. or something. And there hasn't been a word about the game since May so maybe their hoping we forget about it so they can quietly cancel it, though I'd be sad about that.
I'm not sure the game is ready and Ubi is sitting on it just waiting for holidays to release it. They said they had to concentrate on other versions so I think the game isn't gold yet.

jmizzal

Why are people still saying its gonna be canceled, thats not happening, Nintendo has it on the release list now and have it on the eShop coming soon list, and Ubisoft has said 100 times its coming in the Fall.

Its prob gonna come out when AssCreed Unity comes out since there is no WiiU version.

Why are people still saying its gonna be canceled, thats not happening, Nintendo has it on the release list now and have it on the eShop coming soon list, and Ubisoft has said 100 times its coming in the Fall.

Its prob gonna come out when AssCreed Unity comes out since there is no WiiU version.
It's just been so long since we heard anything about it, it was the start of April when they said it would come in Spring/Fall (Southern Hemisphere here). I want to see something of the game before it actually comes out for once. And on a positive note, according to lolVGChartz, the game has about 32k preorders in the US, with 95 preorders last week.

Yagami_Sama

I barely remember that Watch Dogs will be released for Wii U, and I particularly do not liked what I saw about the game, and cancelled the pre-ordered long ago.
All people that was interested in play the game has already played. I am highly doubt that, there will be some exclusive content for the Wii U version, that
will make the game more appealing. Actually, I do not know if release the game will be something good. The probability that the game didn't sell what Ubisoft expects
it is pretty high.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It's just been so long since we heard anything about it, it was the start of April when they said it would come in Spring/Fall (Southern Hemisphere here). I want to see something of the game before it actually comes out for once. And on a positive note, according to lolVGChartz, the game has about 32k preorders in the US, with 95 preorders last week.

Ubisoft definitely talked about Watch Dogs Wii U at E3 iirc. They also said it'll release in November (this was their CEO saying this too actually). I think that was around the time they mentioned sitting on a finished Wii U game in addition.

zsidane

I barely remember that Watch Dogs will be released for Wii U, and I particularly do not liked what I saw about the game, and cancelled the pre-ordered long ago.
All people that was interested in play the game has already played. I am highly doubt that, there will be some exclusive content for the Wii U version, that
will make the game more appealing. Actually, I do not know if release the game will be something good. The probability that the game didn't sell what Ubisoft expects
it is pretty high.

If they are smart, they can as well release the game in November as announced earlier, make sure the game already has DLc released so far (or some of them at least) and price it correctly -something like 40€, or if the others versions are selling for really low, go for the 30€ sweet price-
I'll definitely buy it digital if they don't release it for full price. Otherwise, I'll just passivly hunt a disc copy of the game for cheap

Mithos

If they are smart, they can as well release the game in November as announced earlier, make sure the game already has DLc released so far (or some of them at least) and price it correctly -something like 40€, or if the others versions are selling for really low, go for the 30€ sweet price-

So in other words, full $60/€60 no DLC support at all, sub performance on the game in terms of looks/framerate is what we can expect.

tebunker

Banned
So in other words, full $60/€60 no DLC support at all, sub performance on the game in terms of looks/framerate is what we can expect.

I hate to admit it, but you are right. Really silly. I mean I don't mind paying $60 if it includes the DLC, but to ask full price this fall would be silly.

Ubisoft owe me a lot of good will if they expect me to buy Watchdogs. I am pretty sure it's going to be just a late full priced vanilla game that I can buy on Steam for $15 when it hits the U.

After the game arrives late, overpriced and underdeveloped I expect Ubisoft to talk about how people just don't buy 3rd party games on the U.

Chiggs

Wii U looks to be set for a pretty damn good 2014...at least, the 2nd half.

Captain Toad and Smash Bros look to be quite fun.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well at least Ubisoft's ports so far have been fairly decent right? AC4 suffered some framerate problems when lots of stuff was on the screen (and was missing all DLC as usual), but otherwise seemed decent. I figure if they are releasing it this late, they'll at least use the GamePad, but I feel like if they use the GamePad at all, they'll charge full-price for it...

Yagami_Sama

I am done with Assassin's Creed and almost done with Ubisoft.

Since the first game I was very interested in the games, and when the franchise finally appeared on a Nintendo console, I got quite happy and pre-ordered AC III,
and when I booted the game for the first time and played the first part of the game, I got quite disappointed.
I did not know that the game has that "present thing", and that destructed the game for me. I bought AC IV for less than U$ 20,00. Actually, I almost done with Ubisoft,
Rayman Legends it is a great game, but the fact they postponed the game for Wii U, in order to please the owner of other systems, this was bad move and sum this with
Watch Dog's getting delayed for a uncertain future, plus not releasing Valiant Hearts for Wii U, and if someday Beyond Good & Evil 2 got released, I do not expect
it appearing on Wii U too. So I have enough reasons to not support they any more.

I really wanted to play Valiant Hearts :c

Top Bottom