• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Fallout 3 is getting GFWL removed as well

My hope is that once exclusive GFWL titles from Microsoft (Gears 1, Viva Pinata, Halo 2) will very soon be released on Steam.

And also to have Capcom get rid of GFWL in their games not names Street Fighter IV. And also have everyone else own up and patch their shit.

Grief.exe

My hope is that once exclusive GFWL titles from Microsoft (Gears 1, Viva Pinata, Halo 2) will very soon be released on Steam.

And also to have Capcom get rid of GFWL in their games not names Street Fighter IV. And also have everyone else own up and patch their shit.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Frankly the better option is to buy SSF4/AE on Steam sale for like $7-10 bucks if you get the four pack, get the complete costumes through Steam (tied to Steam not GfWL) and wait for Ultra and then pay the $15 to upgrade to Steamworks/Ultra SSF4 instead of the $45 they're going to charge in AUGUST for the full retail/Steam-only, no GfWL version.

Capcom's behavior here tells me the best option is to buy AE at $7, then wait until the Ultra upgrade is also $7 than pay to remove GFWL.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You paid like 10cents each for those didn't you? You have probably found more than that on the on street.

tumblr_mgkp88PQH11qcxbquo1_500.gif

Ha, yep. But I liked the idea of having them at the ready when I wanted to put them on a new PC...I guess I can keep the installers on a disc and there'll be no DRM?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
the workaround was so easy that i forgot that it ever had gfwl

really hope namco patches it out of DS soon

they must be making a lot of money off it judging by the steam charts

Grief.exe

Good stuff, I'll wait until it's gone to play the GOTY edition. I was hoping it'd be removed around this time.

I've been waiting to go crazy with mods and replay for a little while, guess I will wait a little while longer.

Essentially waited a whole extra year to play Baman AC and Bioshock 2.

Protag

Banned
I dont know what this is, i do know that steam ran out of keys for Fallout 3 which i bought yesterday on steam, and i have to wait for more keys from beth

Vibranium

Banned
I've been waiting to go crazy with mods and replay for a little while, guess I will wait a little while longer.

Essentially waited a whole extra year to play Baman AC and Bioshock 2.

Yeah, I know that feeling man. But don't stop believing and good things happen!

Almighty

Great. It has been years since I played Fallout 3, but I do remember GFWL giving me problems back in the day. I think that was what soured me on GFWL in the first place.

Now that I think about it does anyone know if GFWL was removed form Dawn of War 2? I think that is the only game I have left that might still have it.

KHlover

Banned
Oh god I hope Dark Souls gets a patch to rid it of Live. Considering the state of the game without DSfix in the first place I somehow doubt the Online component will survive the death of GFWL, though.

Grief.exe

Oh god I hope Dark Souls gets a patch to rid it of Live. Considering the state of the game without DSfix in the first place I somehow doubt the Online component will survive the death of GFWL, though.

One day I will have Dark Souls achievements in my profile

iKbNPlROGdQqg.png

BasilZero

Good good, now Capcom, Namco and Rockstar need to get rid of GFWL on their games.

Also Nordic games need to remove it off of one of their Red Faction games.

I still dont know why Mortal Kombat Kollection has GFWL...got it part of the humble bundle but the game ugh, its resolution needs fixing more than the removal of GFWL xD.

Omega

Banned
now I'll actually buy it.

Next up, Dark Souls. Then Gears of War. Then Street Fighter 4 and all 453045 iterations of it

I don't know if there's anything else, and if there is, I don't care.

Lazaro

Ultra Street Fighter IV is supposedly using SteamWorks this time around.

I've also noticed Fable 3 is no longer on Steam except for the DLC. Hopefully that's being updated (and optimized) for SteamWorks. Hopefully if that happens its signalling for a Fable Anniversary PC release :)

Saroyan

I Just unlocked the last achievements I didn't have, and thanks to this thread I remembered that I had bought Bioshock 2 from GFWL digitally and used the key from there to activate on Steam

BasilZero

Ultra Street Fighter IV is supposedly using SteamWorks this time around.

I've also noticed Fable 3 is no longer on Steam except for the DLC. Hopefully that's being updated (and optimized) for SteamWorks. Hopefully if that happens its signalling for a Fable Anniversary PC release :)

I think it might be Windows 8 exclusive.....I hope not ;x.

Lazaro

I think it might be Windows 8 exclusive.....I hope not ;x.

Well it is listed in the Windows 8 Store but as a Desktop App. Some other PC games listed in the store redirect to Steam so I doubt making Fable a Windows Store is going to attract more users.

Jharp

I sincerely hope I didn't buy Bulletstorm on the steam sale only to not get it removed in that.

Also, Dark Souls and Resident Evil 5.

Pretty rad that Microsoft had some measure of failsafe in place in case their shit online service for the platform they forgot went tits up, so paying customers would get to keep their digital purchases, right guys? Right?

Sinfamy

Doesn't Dark Souls use the GFWL servers to establish connections?
Would it be an easy and cheap fix on their part to remove it and switch to Steam?

Bluth54

I kinda figured Bethesda would remove the GFWL from this game, I'm sure it still sells fairly well during Steam sales and while it technically can work without GFWL, when GFWL does shut down it would probably discourage people from buying it.

I've been thinking about replaying Fallout 3 since I never played the DLC so I'll wait.

Chris R

So when would this be happening? I was going to beat Fallout 3 sometime this month after I finish Tales of Xillia but I might push it a few weeks/month if it means a better experience.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I also bought them and I can't even download them anymore as the GFWL MArketplace client doesn't work anymore (can't connect), at least for me :/

1) Uninstall client

2) Reinstall client

3) If you have a complex password, long password, password with symbols, or two-factor auth turned on generate a per-app password at billing.microsoft.com because GFWL doesn't support any of the previously mentioned things

Top Bottom