• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 will launch in 2014.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
did he really hash tag staycalm?

Harry-Potter1.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
What if Halo Xbox One ends up being some terrible, small companion downloadable game?

I can't even imagine

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Had no doubt.

Hoping the in game trailers get me hyped.

Halo 5's announcement trailer is the first Halo trailer ever not to get me uber hyped. As someone who read all the books, beat each title countless times, etc, that is a problem.

Plus I need a reason to use my Xbox One other than Blu Ray/Netflix voice commands that work 30% of the time.

Had no doubt.

Halo 5's announcement trailer is the first Halo trailer ever not to get me uber hyped. As someone who read all the books, beat each title countless times, etc, that is a problem.

Plus I need a reason to use my Xbox One other than Blu Ray/Netflix voice commands that work 30% of the time.

That app needs a serious update. The lip-syncing is terrible too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Welllll they haven't called it Halo 5 yet. Not saying this years Halo won't be Halo 5 but really no one knows 100%.

angelic

Banned
This new Halo is promised to run at 60fps, that's going to take some impressive engineering. Halo should be 30fps anyway, it's deviating even further away from the franchise. Some very strange decisions being made.

I am assuming they are debating on a name for the Halo 1-3 & ODST anniversary compilation that is due to hit STEAM sooner or later.

Fingers still crossed!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I wonder why they haven't revealed the name yet.

Either they think revealing it to be HALO 5 is going to be a megaton announcement, or it's going to be a smaller game in scope since it's dev time is less than two years or so.

iMax

Did anyone in HaloGAF work out yet what that massive creature was in the trailer?

JaggedSac

Good to hear. Hope they take the thing in a drastically different direction, but given the time frame since last release, that isn't happening.

Had no doubt.

Either hyperbole, or you incorrectly set up your Kinect. Crank the vulme up on the TV during the calibration and you will see around a 90% success rate with your voice like many others.

edit: see below if talking about just Netflix :s

That app needs a serious update. The lip-syncing is terrible too.

Hmm? My Netflix voice commands work pretty well :/.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This new Halo is promised to run at 60fps, that's going to take some impressive engineering. Halo should be 30fps anyway, it's deviating even further away from the franchise. Some very strange decisions being made.

Wait what

Grief.exe

Will be interesting.

Will Microsoft depart from the poor route it took with Halo 4?

Or will they decide to go back to Halo's roots and make a compelling iteration?

hawk2025

heh, this had the opposite effect on me.

The wording makes me think it will be a minor release instead of Halo 5 proper. Or that the "journey" will begin with the TV show instead of the game.

Salex_

Can't tell if this is serious or not. I read some crazy things in the last 2 days.

Top Bottom