• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Killing Floor 2, Blackgate HD, HALF MINUTE HERO 2, etc leaked on Steam

Its the best horde mode shooter on the market with the best support and the best gunplay and classes that all fill a different role (minus poor firebug, I'd rather have serkers and commandos.) It also requires really good teamwork and is brutally difficult on higher levels. Requires smart coordinated play and everyone fulfilling their role correctly or its easy to get overrun or picked off (depending on whether you are hunkered down to set up a kill zone or constaly moving to stay ahead of the tide of enemies and whittling them down.)

it needs an FOV slider though

Grief.exe

Indeed, I remember in an interview of Xseed with Kotaku, they said the game sold bad, really bad even for their standards (they focus on niche games)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/the-game-savers-how-a-tiny-company-gives-neglected-japanese-games-new-life-overseas/

The game must have been really successful on PC with all that sales.

Ironic since the Ys games on PC are their best sellers of Xseed's library.

it needs an FOV slider though

ini file or console

Using the console type in fov # where # is your degree of FOV

denx

So Ghost Recon Online is making its way to Steam?

Hopefully they fix their launcher for the Steam release. For some reason the launcher thinks I'm in Europe and connects me to UK servers even though I'm in South America. Freaking annoying.

Listonosh

Thanks for all the responses guys! Definitely will look into it. Would you recommend I go into it with friends? Or is the community pretty good with playing with randoms and noobies like myself?

Grief.exe

Thanks for all the responses guys! Definitely will look into it. Would you recommend I go into it with friends? Or is the community pretty good with playing with randoms and noobies like myself?

You should probably look at getting into it with friends, will be more fun that way anyways.

The community is pretty good with new players though, but you are going to want to stick to easy difficulty servers when you first get started. Don't jump into harder difficulty servers, due to the leveling system you make it more difficult for your other team members.

spiritfox

Don't go to Suicidal or Hell on Earth servers as a low lvl class. People will bitch since you'll be a hinderance more than a help.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Support, Sharpshooter and Medic are probably the best starting classes.

Killing Floor has one of the best online communities I have seen, also there are a lot of helpful veterans, just ask for help.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I would be excited for Origins Blackgate if I heard good things about it. I think people were saying it was really boring.

I thought they said they cancelled Hitman for next gen?

They clarified today:

"Io-Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/next-gen-hitman-project-reportedly-cancelled

The next-gen title that was in development at Montreal was cancelled.

Sagitario

Woot @ Batman!
Both portable versions are really expensive here, and while I'd rather it own it on either handheld, nothing beats a cheaper PC version.

Grief.exe

Ninja Gaiden Z? Is this the first Tecmo game on PC?

Hopefully we can get Black and DOA.

Apparently Dynasty Warriors 7 is on Steam, but only available in Chinese retail stores.
Of course Jase found a way to get his grubby Aussie hands on it.

Are you referring to Ninja Gaiden with Black? Yes please.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Apparently Dynasty Warriors 7 is on Steam, but only available in Chinese retail stores.
Of course Jase found a way to get his grubby Aussie hands on it.

Are you referring to Ninja Gaiden with Black? Yes please.

Clearly he means the shooter Black.

Ironic since the Ys games on PC are their best sellers of Xseed's library.

what's ironic about that at all? Xseed published the PSP version of HMH which didn't sell well. Another publisher ported it over to PC a few years later and it was successful. Before they even thought about the whole releasing jrpgs on pc.

Hypron

You should probably look at getting into it with friends, will be more fun that way anyways.

The community is pretty good with new players though, but you are going to want to stick to easy difficulty servers when you first get started. Don't jump into harder difficulty servers, due to the leveling system you make it more difficult for your other team members.

Easy? Nah. Easy is completely braindead, you're basically invincible and enemies die super quickly. Normal is where it's at for beginners.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wow, western studios cant keep a game handheld exclusive to save their life

Handheld situation in the west is not that good. only Nintendo games sells on 3DS and Vita is... well you know.

So this is the logical move especially since that games like Mirror of Fate, Resident Evil Revelations, Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and Batman Blackgate weren't some random super small indie games but actually got decent budget. and these publishers will want to sell as many copies as possible.

Atomski

Wow, I didn't even know this. Good to hear :)

That indeed is great to hear. I think many developers need to do this.. dont let kickstarter be a barrier. Also why developers stop at kickstarter is beyond me to. Star Citizen has proven you should just keep going.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, guess it's time for me to download Killing Floor and try it before KF2 hits, eh?

Brofield

I saw Age of Wonders 3 and got excited for Age of Mythology...until I re-read it again.

Sigh...hopefully AoE2 HD sales were enough to at least spur discussions of that possibility.

Top Bottom