• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Zen

Banned
Cure turtled too much. He's about to lose.

Edit: Could anyone lend me some spare crow?

Those EMPs were SICK CITY! I have never seen a Protoss army vanish in an instant like that. Immortals don't mean shit if they don't have their Hardened Shields.

And that's how you make mech work against Protoss. Beautiful.

He really should have had a handful of speed-lots in that composition and they would have traded a lot more at least, not sure how upgraded the ghosts were.

Aaron

With the way Panic folded against RorO, Cure is clearly the better player. So I hope he catches his breath at least.

SamuraiX-

Cure's patience is the stuff of legends. Dodged so many storms and instead of just taking a full on engagement he just gave Hurricane the death by 1,000,000 needles.

With the way Panic folded against RorO, Cure is clearly the better player. So I hope he catches his breath at least.

That's what worries me. That last game must've took so much out of it. Even I felt exhausted after it was over. lol

Wow that game was intense.

Hell yeah! :D

SamuraiX-

That was actually disgusting. Cure leads the whole game and then four Storms and it's over. He deserved it regardless for not keeping tracking of Panic's army and not sending a stimmed Marine ahead as a forward scout.

Three hours without power during the winter freaking sucks. What have I missed so far?

Super with the most pathetic game I've ever seen a pro play.

Aaron

Three hours without power during the winter freaking sucks. What have I missed so far?

Super with the most pathetic game I've ever seen a pro play.
Tvt was pretty good but Super just played the worst game of his life. Nonstop fail.

Khaldor likes Dota 2 over LOL. Officially best caster.

It's easy for terran to advance into Code S. All he has to do is not face any protoss.

SamuraiX-

So sad to see FanTaSy's SC2 career in the gutter at this point. ;_;

The only question that remains in my mind now is does he retire before or after this season of Proleague ends?

I don't think Bbyong at all deserves to be in Code S but whatever it, I'll take a Terran over another Protoss in there.

SamuraiX-

WCS Europe Challenger League starts today!

6Bzuw0t.png

Stream: WCS Europe 2

Best of 5 matches. Winners advance to Premier League.

survivor

Banned
I really don't like the way America and Europe handle their challenger league matches. I'd much prefer the Code A format, gives the players more chances and is more exciting.

SamuraiX-

I really don't like the way America and Europe handle their challenger league matches. I'd much prefer the Code A format, gives the players more chances and is more exciting.

I probably won't have an opinion about the WCS AM & EU Challenger League format until the end of Season 1 but I think I like the idea of it so far. It provides a lot more variety with 8-12 players competing each day as opposed to 4 in Code A (granted GOM is streaming all Code A matches with 2-3 hour break in between) and I think a Bo5 makes it pretty fair where the better player should advance.

The one problem, of course, is that the seeding process and deciding who gets matched up with who. For example: NaNiwa vs stakimaN, Welmu vs Mekar, BabyKnight vs Revolver, ForGG vs Lambo, Scarlett vs Cowman, etc.

Seasoned veterans versus a bunch of nobodies. No matter how much these players prepare, they have almost no chance. In that regard it seems pretty broken.

jabuseika

I got home just in time to watch Naniwa, and WCS America Challenger. Nice.

I know the format is a mess right now, but I like the idea of a Challenger league player fighting it out in one best of 5 for the premier spot against a Premier League player.

The code A format does allow for a second chance though, if a player loses a series.

SamuraiX-

I feel like I might just skip HotS entirely if the MSC is never nerfed. Might just hope that DK removes his head from his ass by the time LotV rolls around.

WCS America Challenger League started a few hours ago:

lRtecgQ.png

Stream: WCS America

I feel like I might just skip HotS entirely if the MSC is never nerfed. Might just hope that DK removes his head from his ass by the time LotV rolls around.

WCS America Challenger League started a few hours ago:

lRtecgQ.png

Stream: WCS America

Well Scarlett is pwning Cowman lol. Apocalypse got owned by Toss. GG David. At least they got new features with 2.1 to gain back some people in the arcade.

SamuraiX-

Well Scarlett is pwning Cowman lol. Apocalypse got owned by Toss. GG David. At least they got new features with 2.1 to gain back some people in the arcade.

Yeah, I was referring to Game 3 of Apoc vs desRow.

In the current match: viOLet just had a sick hold against a proxy Gate that he scouted late after going Hatch before Pool.

survivor

Banned
I probably won't have an opinion about the WCS AM & EU Challenger League format until the end of Season 1 but I think I like the idea of it so far. It provides a lot more variety with 8-12 players competing each day as opposed to 4 in Code A (granted GOM is streaming all Code A matches with 2-3 hour break in between) and I think a Bo5 makes it pretty fair where the better player should advance.

The one problem, of course, is that the seeding process and deciding who gets matched up with who. For example: NaNiwa vs stakimaN, Welmu vs Mekar, BabyKnight vs Revolver, ForGG vs Lambo, Scarlett vs Cowman, etc.

Seasoned veterans versus a bunch of nobodies. No matter how much these players prepare, they have almost no chance. In that regard it seems pretty broken.

I bet you won't like the format anymore when Bomber gets protossed 3-0 tomorrow by Jim :(

I will rage with Samurai if Bomber gets 3-0ed by Jim. Jim is good and he deserves the win if he plays well but not a 3-0 minus Bomber failing epically.

I guess they are leaving Innovation's group for later. ;_;

survivor

Banned
Glad that Life was able to pull through. I was worried about his sloppy play in the first game.

I know the format is a mess right now, but I like the idea of a Challenger league player fighting it out in one best of 5 for the premier spot against a Premier League player.

The code A format does allow for a second chance though, if a player loses a series.
The idea for it is pretty nice, I'm just worried that at one point some player I like will get knocked out due to an unfavourable matchup with no second chance at a different player. Specifically, I just don't want Bomber to lose tomorrow, if he wins then I'm fine with the format lol

I thought for sure Skyhigh wouldn't do this well. Guess I'm surprised. Lets see if Squirtle can survive this game or does better in game 2 and 3.

Aaron

Now I get it. Skyhigh is going to get far ahead and still lose, proving protoss can't be beaten in late game, and thus earn the precious buff.

Aaron

What's worse is protoss can pull DTs with zero risk thanks to mothership core.

Ugh hate how skyhigh handled this. He wasn't dead after those DT's even though he was behind. That attack would never work and was so obvious it was coming.
I think he was just frustrated, and wanted to rush to game three. There's no way he thought that attack would work.

Ugh hate how skyhigh handled this. He wasn't dead after those DT's even though he was behind. That attack would never work and was so obvious it was coming.

What's worse is protoss can pull DTs with zero risk thanks to mothership core.

I don't think i've really seen a protoss do that and it's not exactly free, the terran does have marines out. The risk of opening DT's isn't losing the DT's, it's slowing down your templar and robo tech. I'd say the fact that they made the DT shrine cheaper is a bigger thing to complain about.

I think he was just frustrated, and wanted to rush to game three. There's no way he thought that attack would work.

Can't blame him for that. If that was the case though he probably should have pulled scvs earlier when he was up in army supply and storm wasn't finished. Gives him the tiniest chance and gets him out even quicker.

He might as well have been dead with 40 probes and 2 base toss vs 1 base Terran.

GL HF to Skyhigh but Squirtle looks to take this on Heavy Rain.

He might as well have been dead with 40 probes and 2 base toss vs 1 base Terran.

Squirtle got a super late expansion and skyhigh had a second orbital. Once he cleared out the DT's he could have just expanded.

Edit: I think these zealot drops with the HT are going to be deadly. Really nervous for skyhigh here.

Squirtle got a super late expansion and skyhigh had a second orbital. Once he cleared out the DT's he could have just expanded.

Edit: I think these zealot drops with the HT are going to be deadly. Really nervous for skyhigh here.

Too risky with DTs still roaming around and costing scans. Squirtle did too much damage by forcing 4+ scans to Skyhigh's economy. GG WP to Squirtle. Skyhigh falls as expected.

Top Bottom