• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Well. I didn't think I recognized Regirock. Was like "Have I just not paid attention to it like... ever?" then realized it's shiny. Not quite what I'm going for but guess it's another for the shiny dex.

You're welcome Jeff!

Edit: Still have the shiny 6IV Dialga though if anyone is interested.

Muku

Y'all, Muku is basically the best.

Thanks again, M!!

Now my quest for a full 'dex really begins. :)

Haha, you're welcome. Now you've got a lot of the hard part out of the way. ;) Curious, how is your dex coming along? Also, you crafting a living dex?

JulianImp

I'm currently rocking a contrary Malamar with superpower, switcheroo, destiny bond and foul play (holding a choice scarf), but am thinking about dropping foul play for a different attack, since it's pathetically weak against anything that isn't a physical sweeper, but I was thinking night slash isn't even that good, and continues the trend of it getting utterly tanked by faeries.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Haha, you're welcome. Now you've got a lot of the hard part out of the way. ;) Curious, how is your dex coming along? Also, you crafting a living dex?
I'm trying to keep one of everything, if that's what you mean by a living dex. I'm still a good bit away for the big total.

My dex right now:

Central - 110
Coastal - 102
Mountain - 99
National - 441

I've got a lot that I need to evolve, so I'll start working on that before I start seeking out new Pokemon I'm missing entirely.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I'm trying to keep one of everything, if that's what you mean by a living dex. I'm still a good bit away for the big total.

My dex right now:

Central - 110
Coastal - 102
Mountain - 99
National - 441

I've got a lot that I need to evolve, so I'll start working on that before I start seeking out new Pokemon I'm missing entirely.

I'm on the same boat, but i'm lagging behind I think, i'm in the 450-500 range. But I don't intend on keeping every single mon, just want to complete the damn thing.

Muku

My dex right now:

Central - 110
Coastal - 102
Mountain - 99
National - 441

Yeah, living dex is keeping one of everything around. I never bothered even completing any Pokedex in any generation until this one. Pokebank is my motivation. Easy, quick way to transfer Pokemon to new games.

I'm on the same boat, but i'm lagging behind I think, i'm in the 450-500 range. But I don't intend on keeping every single mon, just want to complete the damn thing.

If you have Pokebank it's worth keeping one of each. If not then maybe not, because that would be most of your PC space. I want to make future games easier.

I think I get more use out of the Oval Charm versus the Shiny Charm.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Yeah, living dex is keeping one of everything around. I never bothered even completing any Pokedex in any generation until this one. Pokebank is my motivation. Easy, quick way to transfer Pokemon to new games.

If you have Pokebank it's worth keeping one of each. If not then maybe not, because that would be most of your PC space. I want to make future games easier.

I think I get more use out of the Oval Charm versus the Shiny Charm.

I don't have pokebank since I don't have any of the other games, only X. I want to complete the dex because I have never done so before, and I want to train as many comp pokemon as possible.

I will probably purchase it at some point in the future (ie, once Z or hoenn remakes are out).

I keep a lot of pokemon yeah, but I think it's not possible to keep 1 of each with the current amount of boxes, am i right?

Yup, I plan to have a living dex. Ideally one that is as much Kalos born as possible.

I even intend to sort it out in Pokebank by Pokedex ID once I get enough of them.

Muku

I don't have pokebank since I don't have any of the other games, only X. I want to complete the dex because I have never done so before, and I want to train as many comp pokemon as possible.

I will probably purchase it at some point in the future (ie, once Z or hoenn remakes are out).

I keep a lot of pokemon yeah, but I think it's not possible to keep 1 of each with the current amount of boxes, am i right?

Pokebank isn't for those who have older games, it's for anyone who wants a place to store a large amount of Pokemon. You get 100 boxes x 30 slots in each. The PokeTransporter is what folks with older games use, but you have to download that after you get PokeBank. And you have to go through PokeBank app to even get it. So you'd never need to download it unless you specifically wanted to.

It's really worth the $5 a year. Boatload of storage for competitive Pokemon, Pokedex, etc. Right now I have first 24 or 25 boxes with my normal Pokedex. All in order from start to finish. I also have some boxes set up as my Shiny Pokedex at the moment. Got several boxes of those. Have an Event Pokemon box, Alternate Form box (for Vivillons, Sawsbuck seasons, etc), and a lot of other stuff. This has to be better storage than Pokemon Ranch was on the GC. (Never dabbled in that because seemed too much like a pain in the rear.)

Yeah, total PC boxes I have for full Pokedex is like 24 pages. But that will be most of your PC. Think once fully unlocked it goes up to what, 32 boxes? Could be wrong, not looking at my copy right now.

Yup, I plan to have a living dex. Ideally one that is as much Kalos born as possible.

I even intend to sort it out in Pokebank by Pokedex ID once I get enough of them.

Awesome. Since most of the older Pokemon are from my old games that I brought over myself, don't so much care about Kalos born, but think that's pretty cool. Bit of a challenge to yourself. Start early though on sorting them by Pokemon #. Get too many and it becomes difficult. (I'd transferred over a boatload of stuff before Bank came out.. didn't sort it til after it came out and took hours.)

Type2

Looking for decent IVs, nature, or both? Though good luck... can't say I've ever come across one yet worth a damn IV wise anyway. :(
Both. I did get a godly thundurus from smogon today so I can withhold my salt.
Ive put together a competitive team today just need some feedback and tweaks.

edit: a latios would be nice but all those morons want in darkrai.

CassSept

It actually is possible even without Pokebank, the number of boxes expand as you increase the number of Pokemon in them. I think there are about 30 boxes in-game or so, I'm on my time to completing living dex and I'm at about 650 Pokemon right now and there's still enough place for the rest.

I'm a bit crazy in that I want to try to have a living pokedex, but everything as much as possible are kalos born or if not, pokemon i found myself in other games. That would all be in the bank

I keep all traded pokemon on my safe file for the trainer ID lottery lol.

CassSept

I'm a bit crazy in that I want to try to have a living pokedex, but everything as much as possible are kalos born or if not, pokemon i found myself in other games. That would all be in the bank

I keep all traded pokemon on my safe file for the trainer ID lottery lol.

I think pooling Pokemon from across 4 generations is cooler in concept heh. I've been meaning to complete living dex for nearly 10 years now but I got burnt out on the series after Platinum and my Pearl was day one JPN import so I couldn't use Pal Park, now I'm finally making up for the lost time :)

I think pooling Pokemon from across 4 generations is cooler in concept heh. I've been meaning to complete living dex for nearly 10 years now but I got burnt out on the series after Platinum and my Pearl was day one JPN import so I couldn't use Pal Park, now I'm finally making up for the lost time :)

I'm still keeping those pokemon too, just that my main batch needs to be the kalos pokemon.

The pokebank has 3000 spots, there's room for all of them.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Anybody have a spare female Zubat with its hidden ability Infiltrator they'd be willing to trade? Obviously the GTS is no help...

I have a variety of spitbacks or I could always go grab something from my safaris to trade in return.

macklelol

Anybody have a spare female Zubat with its hidden ability Infiltrator they'd be willing to trade? Obviously the GTS is no help...

I have a variety of spitbacks or I could always go grab something from my safaris to trade in return.

I should have some, with Brave Bird and Defog as well. What's your FC? Mine is in my profile.

Muku

I hate when I forget I'm online and save. Worst though is when it gets caught up trying to game sync, but doesn't get kicked out right away and you sit there forever. First time I encountered it I about had a shit fit because I'd just hatched my first shiny ever and was trying to save.

lupinko

Just got love ball ninetales! That's going to be cool to breed.

Edit: at 711 right now and need the following.

Pidove
Jellicent
Whimsicott
Cinncinno
Eeletrik
Kricketune

L.O.R.D

Yeah, total PC boxes I have for full Pokedex is like 24 pages. But that will be most of your PC. Think once fully unlocked it goes up to what, 32 boxes? Could be wrong, not looking at my copy right now.

i am also thinking to build my shiny dex , even with the shiny locked
i already filled 20 box with froakie ( i was trying to get that proatean shiny )
its really sucks that i can't delete entire box in one move , i have to delete 1 pokemon every turn
and to make it more worth , i can't delete eggs

L.O.R.D

I hate when I forget I'm online and save. Worst though is when it gets caught up trying to game sync, but doesn't get kicked out right away and you sit there forever. First time I encountered it I about had a shit fit because I'd just hatched my first shiny ever and was trying to save.

they should make an option to not sync every time while connecting to online

CassSept

That's a good one, I hope one day they'll allow deleting eggs. I'm stuck with a lot of eggs and I don't even remember what's in most of them. It gets pretty annoying and it's not a monumental change that would break the game or anything, seems like a candidate for an obvious QOL change.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That's a good one, I hope one day they'll allow deleting eggs. I'm stuck with a lot of eggs and I don't even remember what's in most of them. It gets pretty annoying and it's not a monumental change that would break the game or anything, seems like a candidate for an obvious QOL change.
dat abortion

I'm currently rocking a contrary Malamar with superpower, switcheroo, destiny bond and foul play (holding a choice scarf), but am thinking about dropping foul play for a different attack, since it's pathetically weak against anything that isn't a physical sweeper, but I was thinking night slash isn't even that good, and continues the trend of it getting utterly tanked by faeries.

What's the point in running Foul Play when Malamar is all about boosting its own attack? After one Superpower, Night Slash will be doing more damage to just about everything. Fairies will always beat Malamar, though.

Hopefully it gets Knock Off when they bring back move tutors.

ugoo18

I love running a bulky focus sashed Contrary malamar with topsy turvy, it's the perfect follow up to Contrary Shell Smash Shuckle. Since that usually only dies either from the opponent boosting their atk/spa or depending on how many shell smashes super effective criticals.

Muku

i am also thinking to build my shiny dex , even with the shiny locked
i already filled 20 box with froakie ( i was trying to get that proatean shiny )
its really sucks that i can't delete entire box in one move , i have to delete 1 pokemon every turn
and to make it more worth , i can't delete eggs

Yeah, not sure why they wouldn't allow a delete a box at a time deal. Just put warnings if they're trying to protect people. Getting rid of boxes one Pokemon at a time is killer. ;_;

they should make an option to not sync every time while connecting to online

Agreed. I don't care about the online website stuff this generation. It's a hell of a lot less interesting I think. But just that once in a while get's stuck for like 5 minutes or something it just unreal.

I thought this was already an option?

Do you mean forced saving when online? If so, yeah that is an option. Syncing though while saving and online = ugh.

....put a scatterbug pus on GTS for a Porygon-Z and I get a shiny one...
Anyone can clone with the combination of Pokbank and Powersaves. They can also make anything shiny. But if it was a transfer one there were always shiny cheats in previous gens.

I wonder if some people are taking it upon themselves to clean up GTS.

Anyone can clone with the combination of Pokbank and Powersaves. They can also make anything shiny. But if it was a transfer one there were always shiny cheats in previous gens.

I wonder if some people are taking it upon themselves to clean up GTS.

Yeah, I guessed as much especially now that I'm more aware of whats actually out there in terms of cloning and whatnot.

lupinko

I have a Jellicent I can show you, and maybe a Whimsicott as well. Have to check GTS for the latter. Do you want to keep them or is showing enough?

We can trade and then I can quickly give them back so it counts toward the dex. I can go online right now quickly.

Edit: just got jellicent from GTS. Lol

Kind of bored... is anyone up for a quick battle? : 3

Spent the day trying to get ahead in Black 2 and Victory Road is sucking the energy from me. On the plus side, it's nice that the battles are still fairly challenging.

EDIT

Actually, gotta go...

JulianImp

What's the point in running Foul Play when Malamar is all about boosting its own attack? After one Superpower, Night Slash will be doing more damage to just about everything. Fairies will always beat Malamar, though.

Hopefully it gets Knock Off when they bring back move tutors.

Notice what I said about not knowing what to switch foul play with, and also that it's using a choice scarf right now. The latter means it gets locked into superpower in return for outspeeding many stuff and not getting superpower boosts, while using night slash probably means it won't be doing that much damage with it.

The scarf's also the reason it has destiny bond, and it can potentially Trick it onto something else to neuter tanks while getting some more freedom.

Top Bottom