• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

RedSwirl

Shit. My first encounter in Pokemon X is with a Pidgey. I try to weaken it but end up defeating it. Turns out Pidgey's rare in this game unless you go to some Safari zone or something.

Interesting fact that's overall pretty useless to know: Everybody's first wild encounter in XY is a Pidgey in the middle row of the first patch of grass. It's a rigged encounter to guarantee that the player has had a wild Pokemon battle before introducing them to the concept of catching Pokemon.

Oh, and you can find it on that route so no worries if you defeat it. :p

lupinko

My first pidgey in xy was shiny, it has since become a kalos champion and pidgeot.

Too bad he is inferior compared to all the other birds.

Uh, I think my Ralts just changed abilities. It hatched with Synchronize, I started EV training it, and now it has Trace. I'd even written down that I needed an ability capsule to change its ability from the former to the latter, so this is weird.

Bulbapedia lists it as rare. And it took me like an additional 50 battles to encounter it again. My starter is already at level 10 and I just arrived in the forest because of this.
Yeah, probably should have caught that first Pidgey or restarted if you didn't want to play the "find the 5% rarity" game. From what I can tell, the first encounter of Route 2 will always be Pidgey. Happened in my main Y and all three of my X runs, I also got a similar confirmation from everyone else who was just starting the game that I was talking with.

Sigh, I think I'm well over a thousand eggs and still nothing. Probably got some good IVs there but I didn't even look, released all of them (the parents are good enough). F*** you, Froakie.

Muku

Yes. Already tried once, and that was the reason that I stopped playing (stopped with about 1.5-2k eggs hatched, and no shiny). Came back to try again, since I really want that shiny to match my future SSB main.

Ahh. You trying to go for HA too? Or just a shiny one overall. Froakie was one of my more easier ones. But I know the pain. I did hundred if not a thousand+ on Ponyta, Zorua, and Pikachu. Some breeding projects to get be unreal.

lupinko

So Beldum, 150 eggs in and no 6 iv parent yet. I'll end up with a shiny before I get that.

I hate the accidental shinies, I hatched a shiny 4iv torrent Piplup in trying to breed a 6iv defiant parent, which was after the great ball shiny polar Scatterbug that I was trying to hatch a 5iv timid parent for.

Ugh.

But the random shiny flabebe I ran into while hatching eggs was cool.

Caught that too. :)

I hate the accidental shinies, I hatched a shiny 4iv torrent Piplup in trying to breed a 6iv defiant parent, which was after the great ball shiny polar Scatterbug that I was trying to hatch a 5iv timid parent for.

Ugh.

But the random shiny flabebe I ran into while hatching eggs was cool.

Caught that too. :)
I got the same piplup woes so yeah. >:

Ahh. You trying to go for HA too? Or just a shiny one overall. Froakie was one of my more easier ones. But I know the pain. I did hundred if not a thousand+ on Ponyta, Zorua, and Pikachu. Some breeding projects to get be unreal.

Yes, 5-6IV and HA too. If I end up with a Torrent one I'll probably break something up.

Muku

Ah yeah, forgot Piplup was another horror story .... I had so many extras I think folks here grew tired of me giving them Piplup as my junk (or even good) Pokemon, LOL.

Edit: Good luck. :( My Froakie was 5IV (can't remember if perfectly set up) but had HA. I tend to get lucky on HA ones. :( But I hear ya.

Edit 2: So I just got the Nintendo HK email. Very simple email with the code inside.

Dear Mr./Ms. (removed),

Congratulations! Below please kindly find the code as below.

(removed)

Nintendo (Hong Kong) Limited

Just got my Charizard WC. Okay, maybe tonight I should seriously SR.. cuz I got a few things I need to get out of my JPN X especially before next month.

Edit 2: So I just got the Nintendo HK email. Very simple email with the code inside.

Just got my Charizard WC. Okay, maybe tonight I should seriously SR.. cuz I got a few things I need to get out of my JPN X especially before next month.

Yay, I got mine too. I think only one bogus account hasn't received their e-mail and I haven't checked my sister's e-mail.

Also, apparently Charizards can be redeemed on PAL consoles, in addition to Japanese ones, so that makes things easier for me ^^

lupinko

Yay, I got mine too. I think only one bogus account hasn't received their e-mail and I haven't checked my sister's e-mail.

Also, apparently Charizards can be redeemed on PAL consoles, in addition to Japanese ones, so that makes things easier for me ^^

Send me the code to redeem please! :D

Muku

Really? That's awesome. I didn't even bother trying it on my US one. But then again my JPN 3DS is Charizard... so thought it was fitting. :D

Really? That's awesome. I didn't even bother trying it on my US one. But then again my JPN 3DS is Charizard... so thought it was fitting. :D

Yup, I just tried and it works.

I've been told US 3DSes are no go. Do they actually commonly sell PAL 3DSes in Hong Kong or something, as opposed to US ones?

lupinko

SABo5hD.jpg

http://youtu.be/Lp5ekMlQvi4

joelseph

If I have my pokemon EV trained and the moves learned do I need to take it to level 50 or will I lose stat points if I let it auto level? The last few levels in the 40 can be a drag.

If I have my pokemon EV trained and the moves learned do I need to take it to level 50 or will I lose stat points if I let it auto level? The last few levels in the 40 can be a drag.
Battle Maison will level down to 50 but not up (as a result you can use cheese shell bell sturdy endevour level 1 Aron w/sand in rotation battle*).

*-Though Ghosts are a common sight which kind of ruins it.

No idea if battle spot levels up. As for EXP. How are you getting it. IIRC for most species le-wow will fall short for level 50, battle chateau Audino is best.

Either way you don't lose stat points as game recalculates it all when it scales your level. The big things are kind of level 50 vs level 100 things (EVs and IVs work a bit different between the two, basically planning for one might mean you are out by 1 stat point in the other)

joelseph

Battle Maison will level down to 50 but not up (as a result you can use cheese shell bell sturdy endevour level 1 Aron w/sand in rotation battle*).

*-Though Ghosts are a common sight which kind of ruins it.

No idea if battle spot levels up. As for EXP. How are you getting it. IIRC for most species le-wow will fall short for level 50, battle chateau Audino is best.

Either way you don't lose stat points as game recalculates it all when it scales your level. The big things are kind of level 50 vs level 100 things (EVs and IVs work a bit different between the two, basically planning for one might mean you are out by 1 stat point in the other)

Figured. I ignored Chateau and can't figure out how to quickly boost the levels, been double battling at le wow with a lucky egg and +3 EXP O Power. I will have to figure out how to raise Chateau.

Figured. I ignored Chateau and can't figure out how to quickly boost the levels, been double battling at le wow with a lucky egg and +3 EXP O Power. I will have to figure out how to raise Chateau.
It is tedious, just keep fighting trainers.

The annoying thing is when the Audino trainers are not around.

Go Rotation Battle instead, you have 3 Pokemon out at a time and only 1 needs to battle.

Guess no one wants to help

Sorry, I'm still a rookie myself.

What experience do you have with battling? A good start is to try battles with various folks and get a feel for your Pokemon.

Then start to improve your Pokemon or shuffle them with "better" ones, by referring to Smogon's strategy dex.

Also, if you record battle videos, you can use those videos to start mock battles so you can practice against opponents who beat you (although the AI isn't as smart as an actual person).

joelseph

Guess no one wants to help

Step 1. Ask around for a cloned perfect Ditto

Step 2. Breed a 5IV pokemon that you enjoy using.

Step 3. Build a team around the weaknesses of your first pokemon

Step 4. Play the team at the Battle Mansion to earn BP points to spend on held items.

Step 5. Enjoy Battlespot!

A fun pokemon to build around is Rotom. Strong and versatile.

I'm just building a team with Pokémon that are cool.

Problem is, there's too many goddamn cool ones.

I have:

- Rayquaza (6IV)
- Charizard Y (5IV)

I'm training:

- Greninja (5IV)
- Tyranitar (5IV)
- Gardevoir (5IV)
- Metagross (5IV)
- Swampert (5IV)
- Feraligatr (5IV)
- Carracosta (5IV)
- Charizard X (5IV)
- Weavile (5IV)
- Gengar (5IV)
- Dragonite (5IV)
- Typhlosion (5IV)
- Salamence (5IV)
- Gallade (6IV)
- Flygon (5IV)
- Mareep (5IV)
- Blaziken (5IV)
- Aggron (5IV)
- Empoleon (6IV)
- Raicho (6IV)
- Rapidash (6IV)
- Garchomp (5IV)

Still need to breed or trade baby forms of:

- Zoroark
- Dragalge
- Ninetales
- Haxorus
- Lucario
- Houndoom
- Skarmory
- Noivern
- Lapras
- Kingdra
- Scizor
- Heracross
- Gyarados
- Manectric
- Nidoking
- Xatu
- Sceptile
- Torterra
- Walrein
- Talonflame
- Espeon
- Umbreon

So I've got my work cut out for me.

So I got a Spiritomb through WT and it has 7 in all stats except speed which is 5 at level 1. Is this good? It seems good.

Level 1 stats aren't representative of much.

Level 50 is better (enter a versus battle or use the battle institute) or talk to the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Centre.

lupinko

Mmm... put me on the waiting list!

Which nature, and did you also want Giga Drain?

Also should I bring up a Timid or Jolly Celebi to White 2 to join Sassy Jirachi (body slam + stealth rocks), if I went jolly, move tutors in w2 can give Celebi Seed Bomb and Zen Headbutt, so a swords dance + baton passer with STAB.

Or send a special attack or defense up with giga drain?

Also same goes with the tandem sent to SS.

I love this ability to farm.

Which nature, and did you also want Giga Drain?

Also should I bring up a Timid or Jolly Celebi to White 2 to join Sassy Jirachi (body slam + stealth rocks), if I went jolly, move tutors in w2 can give Celebi Seed Bomb and Zen Headbutt, so a swords dance + baton passer with STAB.

Or send a special attack or defense up with giga drain?

Also same goes with the tandem sent to SS.

I love this ability to farm.

I'm probably going to be a bit boring and add it to my trophy cabinet, so Giga Drain isn't needed, but thanks for the consideration! Plus you can use the TM for another Celebi if needed ^^

Hmm... Nature... I'm assuming Timid is best?

For you, I think Jolly Celebi sounds more fun : P

lupinko

Yeah I just farmed 6 Celebi and 3 Jirachi yesterday.

I brought up three neutral Jirachi, two neutral and one gentle Celebi.

So sitting right now in Pearl are 12 Jirachi and 3 Celebi.

The notables so far are:

2x Timid Jirachi + Water Pulse
Modest Jirachi
2x Impish Jirachi
Jolly Celebi
Adamant Celebi
Calm Celebi + Giga Drain

Aveyn: Optimal Celebi is either Calm, Bold or Timid. But Jolly and Modest are also useable.

Yeah I just farmed 6 Celebi and 3 Jirachi yesterday.

I brought up three neutral Jirachi, two neutral and one gentle Celebi.

So sitting right now in Pearl are 12 Jirachi and 3 Celebi.

The notables so far are:

2x Timid Jirachi + Water Pulse
Modest Jirachi
2x Impish Jirachi
Jolly Celebi
Adamant Celebi
Calm Celebi + Giga Drain

Aveyn: Optimal Celebi is either Calm, Bold or Timid. But Jolly and Modest are also useable.

What do you mean by farming? I thought you could only get those legendaries once?

So I got a Spiritomb through WT and it has 7 in all stats except speed which is 5 at level 1. Is this good? It seems good.
Without knowing the nature, I really can't say. If it doesn't have a nature that boosts attack, the attack stat is probably good. The rest are all standard level 1 Spiritomb stats. No way to tell if it's just a random thing someone bred or it's an extra from a breeding project.

Use this in the future (or any IV calculator, really) if you want to know a Pokemon's stats. Leveling it up will also make it easier to tell, as was already mentioned.

Muku

After it was shown in here.. I've stopped trading online in mean time. I'm a bit wary of anything really right now. :/ I know it sounds anal and I'm sure the shiny legendaries I've gotten off there (without trying) are hacked... but those are in my shiny dex. The stuff I am looking for I want to be legit. And this is ruining even that. C'mon Nintendo.

Top Bottom