• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes achievements LEAKED! (SPOILER ALERT)

Batzi

Banned
Looks like rescuing Chico is not the main mission. Reuniting with either Chico or Paz is one mission while the "Ground Zeroes" mission seems to be something bigger than that. And having the choice to meet Paz or Chico first is freaking awesome! Wonder how that will affect the story! DAMN IT KOJIMA!!!!!

xbWmH7b.png

Aqq5ELQ.png

UGE9rc1.png

Beant

Looks like 2 Missions, 6 Side-Ops and 1 Extra-Op - assuming every op/mission has an achievement associated with it.

Batzi

Banned
Looks like 2 Missions, 6 Side-Ops and 1 Extra-Op - assuming every op/mission has an achievement associated with it.

I knew that rescuing Chico was not the only mission in GZ. It is obvious that things develops and Big Boss faces a bigger threat that he had to deal with, thus the "Ground Zeroes" mission.

Batzi

Banned
Maaaan. This is gonna be short.

How could you possibly tell that? A mission can take hours if it develops into several objectives. The story obviously won't be about rescuing Chico or Paz only. The situation develops after that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I dont know, honestly a new Metal Gear Kojima game for next gen systems is like, something i thought wasnt gonna happen after the glorious MGS4. So im pretty hype.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There doesn't seem to be anything particularly spoilery in those achievements. At least nothing we haven't know since 2010...which makes me wonder if there are going to even be any real surprises with GZ?

I'm interested in learning more about the Trials. How many "trials" will there be? What kinds of missions will they have the player carry out? Kojima mentioned that they would use Global Leaderboards, so I'm very interested in finding out more about that, and soon!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As an mgs fan of course im excited for the story. But this installment just seems yawn-inducing.

Batzi

Banned
There doesn't seem to be anything particularly spoilery in those achievements. At least nothing we haven't know since 2010...which makes me wonder if there are going to even be any real surprises with GZ?

Trophies/Achievements aren't suppose to spoil the story. But the first one is kinda "spoilery" if you'd ask me. Choosing to rescue Paz before Chico or vice versa seems to affect the way the story is told.

Baust

"Obtain all XOF Unit Patches" sounds interesting to me.

I wonder if it's similar to the dog tag collecting from MGS2?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Trophies/Achievements aren't suppose to spoil the story. But the first one is kinda "spoilery" if you'd ask me. Choosing to rescue Paz before Chico or vice versa seems to affect the way the story is told.

Kinda maybe, but we've always known that you would rescue at least Chico since the recent gameplay footage and Paz from the 2010 trailer.

I mean if you look at MGS2 or 3 or even Peace Walker's achievements they've got a lot more stuff about main story points. Maybe Kojima is going for a TLoU achievement distribution this time around? Where you only get achievements at the very end?

RangerBAD

How could you possibly tell that? A mission can take hours if it develops into several objectives. The story obviously won't be about rescuing Chico or Paz only. The situation develops after that.

There's only one story mission as we all predicted. So unless you plan on doing everything, and not just the story stuff, it's not going to be more than 2-3 hours long.

I see four Side-Ops and one Extra-Op (content exclusive mission). So I guess you could add another 2-3 hours to that if you do that stuff. Then there's the miscellaneous stuff. Depending on how the game saves (if it saves after every cassette tape you get and you can exit the Op), then maybe another 2 hours. So we're looking at 7-8 hours to 100%, give or take?

Edit: I see those trials, so I guess it depends on what those are to see what they add to a time total for 100%. I'd guess they're basically VR missions.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm interested in learning more about the Trials. How many "trials" will there be? What kinds of missions will they have the player carry out? Kojima mentioned that they would use Global Leaderboards, so I'm very interested in finding out more about that, and soon!

Probably time trials or accuracy tests. I assume it will be similar to the sort of side op trials that were in Peace Walker.

EDIT:

As far as GZ itself, I think we all knew that we are essentially paying $40 for what is akin to the Tanker Chapter or Virtuous Mission. And while those short missions themselves had amazing replay value they are short. I really don't like the GZ mission being broken apart from the main game, they should go together. At least the Tanker Chapter demo gave you an actual game, ZOE, for $50.

Carl

You'll be surprised Konami got so much moneg out of you for it

Jigorath

Banned
I'll wait to see how long these 2 missions are before I buy it. A $15 price tag would have been ideal for this sort of thing, not sure if they have the content to justify a $40 purchase.

duckroll

I'll wait to see how long these 2 missions are before I buy it. A $15 price tag would have been ideal for this sort of thing, not sure if they have the content to justify a $40 purchase.

Gotta Kickstart the rest of MGSV! Game isn't going to pay for itself. Konami has no other hits anyway so they gotta triple dip on the only international success they have left. Loooool.

Sub_Level

You can always youtube the cutscenes and wait for a price drop! Also the digital versions are $30.

Squire

Banned

They can any point throw up a "To be continued..." screen just because of what Ground Zeroes is.

I think it's very likely "Ground Zeroes" is the only story mission in the game.

Blader

I knew that rescuing Chico was not the only mission in GZ. It is obvious that things develops and Big Boss faces a bigger threat that he had to deal with, thus the "Ground Zeroes" mission.

"Reunion" - rescue Chicao/Paz
"Ground Zeroes" - escape Camp Omega

It's all the one mission we've seen a hundred times already.

'Reunite with Chico *or* Paz' is pretty interesting. I think we've all assumed that the main mission in GZ would be infiltrating the base, finding Chico, then having him tell you where Paz is, rescuing her, moseying on out again, explosions. This seems to suggest you might be able to find Paz first. I wonder if there's any variability to the mission itself, or if you can just find her through exploration.

Looks like rescuing Chico is not the main mission. Reuniting with either Chico or Paz is one mission while the "Ground Zeroes" mission seems to be something bigger than that.

Wat?
Ground Zeroes is the name of the mission that begins with the Skullface scene, they've shown this quite openly. The Downfall trophy icon shows a burning Mother Base tower, so no surprises in how that ends.

Squire

Banned

Yep.

"Infiltrate one environment, escape the aforementioned environment, credits rollback fun with Side Ops and Extra Ops, which are probably basically the same thing!"

I'm good, Konami. I'm good.

Arsenic

Sub_Level

Well, you have to escape Camp Omega with any prisoner you get, not just Chico/Paz. So not sure about that. Its possible GZ will be the Mother Base assault scenario, but who knows that just might be a cutscene or might only be in Phantom Pain.

'Reunite with Chico *or* Paz' is pretty interesting. I think we've all assumed that the main mission in GZ would be infiltrating the base, finding Chico, then having him tell you where Paz is, rescuing her, moseying on out again, explosions. This seems to suggest you might be able to find Paz first. I wonder if there's any variability to the mission itself, or if you can just find her through exploration.

Yeah I thought the same, you're instructed to go and find Chico and shown where he is, I guess it justifies the 'openess' they're going for.

RangerBAD

Yep.

"Infiltrate one environment, escape the aforementioned environment, credits rollback fun with Side Ops and Extra Ops, which are probably basically the same thing!"

I'm good, Konami. I'm good.

Yeah, this puts a lot of stuff to rest. I'll wait for Phantom Pain. I like to eat the whole steak not just one bite for nearly the same price, Konami.

Sub_Level

Yeah, this puts a lot of stuff to rest. I'll wait for Phantom Pain. I like to eat the whole steak not just one bite for nearly the same price, Konami.

There is no confirmation that GZ will be in PP if thats what you're implying. Metal Gear Online will be included tho.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RE: DLC/bonus content. If you've not played Peace Walker it might seem a bit odd, but think of Ground Zeroes the location as kinda like a template. You'll have the main Ground Zeroes story mission, scripted and set the way KojiPro intended. And then you'll have the side missions, which are activated separately and use the Ground Zeroes template with alteration for the new objective. Stuff like a different time of day, weather effects, enemy types, location, and patrols, available equipment, etc.

The DLC/bonus stuff is that. You have a new skin to play as, Classic Snake or Raiden, and the Ground Zeroes location is rejigged with new mission design and parameters.

RangerBAD

There is no confirmation that GZ will be in PP if thats what you're implying. Metal Gear Online will be included tho.

I'm not saying that, but I do think it's an eventuality. I'm just saying I'd rather get a full game and PP is that, with or without GZ included.

Top Bottom