• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Arcade or Virtual XBMC for all your games.

wwm0nkey

So someone showed this in a previous VR thread but I finally got around to trying it out and this thing is amazing. Basically you can take all your games on your PC (even emulators) and create these little arcade cabinet shortcuts in this game with it. If its a Steam game the cabinet that you spawn you will automatically have art and a trailer for it but you can also fully customize it too if you want. Non-Steam games can be added pretty easy and images to use for the cabinet is pretty easy since its all done via the game and in-game web browser.

Some screens:
screen03.jpg

screen04.jpg

It got passed through greenlight and they are working on adding Oculus, Online and Workshop support with a Kickstarter coming later this year.

This personally is something I can not wait to experience with the Oculus Online with other people. Also its cool to just walk around a more personal set up of all your digital games and launch them like an arcade game.

Here is a tiny video walk though of what I made so far and here is a official promo trailer.

Download
Update

The "Steam Icon" thread will go nuts with this once its released.

I guess this would be like an intractable Steam Game Grid, so is the idea that you can look around at all this stuff and when you get close enough the media goes full screen?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
A VR Version with full Mame support so you could walk through an arcade checking out the machine models etc would be pretty interesting.

Pudge

As someone who collects a lot more games than he plays, the idea of this is intoxicating to me, and I didn't know there was a downloadable version of it out there. I'm going to try it out and see how janky it is.

Storm360

When Multiplayer comes, will netplay on emulators be possible? That sounds like it could be awesome with VR, invite someone around to your arcade, and play your games with you

At first, the sell was tough, but the more I thought about it, this could actually be a splendid idea if you could physically use the arcade stick.

Maybe with Kinect functionality we could control the TV/Youtube/Internet Radio with virtual hands as well?

I hope PS4 Home does this.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
It does have MAME support. Also Dolphin, PPSSPP and any other emulator you can think of.

yes, i assumed so - what i'm talking about is having the ability to set up a virtual arcade that you can walk around, viewing the models of the arcade machines with their full art work etc.

... or are you saying it has that in which case... WIBBLE! :O

wwm0nkey

yes, i assumed so - what i'm talking about is having the ability to set up a virtual arcade that you can walk around, viewing the models of the arcade machines with their full art work etc.

... or are you saying it has that in which case... WIBBLE! :O
Check out my walkthrough video. I completely customize my DOOM case in seconds using the in-game web browser and any artwork I find on there.

syko de4d

Is there a SNES emulator to play multiplayer over internet? Would be pretty awesome to have a virtual room full of old snes mp games, like Mario Kart, and play them with a friend, who is virtually in your room with you, and talking over real life like voice chat :D

wwm0nkey

Is there a SNES emulator to play multiplayer over internet? Would be pretty awesome to have a virtual room full of old snes mp games, like Mario Kart, and play them with a friend, who is virtually in your room with you, and talking over real life like voice chat :D

If not I really hope one comes out soon.

Storm360

I gave it a shot

This has alot of work before it goes on Steam or even mainstream, It crashed a few times, and has some directly lifted audio from Nintendo Games (The mario coin sound, and another I believe is from Zelda maybe?)

On the flipside though, it is quite fun

The more they work on this, the better it will get. Valve would be nuts to not consider using something like this for their future implementations of Oculus Rift.

wwm0nkey

I gave it a shot

This has alot of work before it goes on Steam or even mainstream, It crashed a few times, and has some directly lifted audio from Nintendo Games (The mario coin sound, and another I believe is from Zelda maybe?)

On the flipside though, it is quite fun
Yeah im 100% sure that's not going to be in the final release lol

The more they work on this, the better it will get. Valve would be nuts to not consider using something like this for their future implementations of Oculus Rift.
Would be cool if this was the SteamVR page. Walk around a virtual arcade, go browse stores of games and go to a community section to socialize.

That would be amazing and all certainly possible actually.

Top Bottom