• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

TaroYamada

Update (credit to Oneida):

C_eYALmXUAET4Xo.jpg

+ Valkyria Chronicles

This effort spawned out of the original twitter campaign, that effort can be seen here.

The petition is here (if you don't want to use your address just put in garbage).

It's targeting games that are a perceived lower risk, the initial suggestions are: Vanquish, Bayonetta and Virtua Fighter 5. Valkyria Chronicles is singled out as a special mention. Please note that even if you disagree with the initial suggestions, a massive part of this effort is about adjusting SEGA's perceptions of what the PC market is open to concerning their content. If you run your own sites and you support this petition, or if you know press who might be interested in this petition give it a forward, spread the word if you don't mind. Some minor discussion regarding this did take place in the old thread, that can be viewed from this post onward.

Thanks everybody for your help and your patience, I hope we can work together to make more games happen :)

Click images for links.

Update: First success, Valkyria Chronicles announced!

Tweeting & Facebook: Please tweet, revive the #SEGAPCPorts hashtag and get this out to your followers, don't tweet @SEGA as they specifically requested we not when they acknowledged our original twitter campaign, use #SEGA instead of @SEGA if you feel so inclined.
We need support from these sites, period. We will live and die by our press, get out there:

Please target @joystiq and @crecenteb(Polygon)

Come up with your own tweet or use this one:

@[targets] please report on #SEGAPCPorts petition http://kotaku.com/petition-we-want-more-sega-games-like-bayonetta-on-1508032169 10,000 sigs and recognized by SEGA!

Replace [targets] with the remaining outlets.

Me and Grief absolutely need assistance on this aspect of the campaign, thanks in advance for your contributions.

If you absolutely do not want to create your own tweet, retweet mine:
Joystiq
Polygon

Other sites that need targeting: IGN, Gamespot, RockPaperShotgun, PCGamer

Facebook page

Youtube:
YouTube spot by DarioFF, feel free to download here and post on your own channel. Spread the ad!

User Draikin 2 also made a video for Valkyria Chronicles, check that out.
I have no idea who, but in support of the effort somebody made a video about Virtua Fighter 5 as well. View that here.

Reddit effort, check periodically they are deleting these sometimes:
Gaf user saj's reddit submission to r/gaming via incgamer's report
r/PCgaming
r/PCmasterrace

Recognition from SEGA (click screencaps for link):

FAQ:

Is there anything else I can do to help? Yes, target your tweets at journalists, youtubers, etc. Alternatively:

Please share it on Facebook and Twitter. I think that posting it in the Steam Activity Feed could be useful as well.

im7hCyVGxY1g2.PNG

Why these games? Read my petition all the way through please, if that's too much to ask here's a condensed version:

Taro Yamada you might wanna add the reasons as to why these 3 games were picked , so we don't have more people confusing this as some kind of popularity contest.

Both Vanquish and Bayo run on the same engine Revengeance does and is already ported to the PC. And VF 5S runs on Windows. Clearly these are not very expensive projects at all.

VC on the other hand has been exclusive to Sony platforms for quite a while and would cost more to port over. In fact Sony might even have a deal with Sega for the games exclusivity , otherwise we would have easily seen a 3DS version somewhere.

Why is there no Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia? Because this petition is targeting more recent console exclusives and while I love those games and many others who support this likely do, as well, it's not a petition about older games that haven't been reissued anywhere.

Press:
SEGABits
SEGANerds
SEGAShiro
VirtuaFighter.com
IncGamers.com
Kotaku
TSSZ
SoftPedia
Gamesurf (Italian!)
Kotaku Australia
DSOGaming
4players.de (German!)
Apocanow.it (Italian!)
PC-gaming.it (Italian!)
EuroGamer
GameSkinny
SonicRetro
MeriStation (Spanish!)
NeoSeeker
JagAtPlay (Indonesian!)
PCGamesN
Enternity (Greek!)
3DJuegos (Spanish!)
PCGamesHardware (German!)

The petition was well thought out. Like all these things I'm very dubious but I still signed it, because you never know.

leehom

What about a port of Initial D arcade? I've been asking for this for about ten years now :( They were able to make a PSP version that was as good as the arcade version minus the graphics.

With how powerful the next gen systems are, they could easily port it and make it a PSN/Xbox Live game and skip retail distribution.

MSMrRound

Where's that Reggie quote about petitions again? Hey, I'm all for petitions and stuff, but SEGA have been one of the most stubborn companies about certain issues.

Yet to see whether that #jrpgvita (Valkyria Chronicles 3 had the number 3 spot for most requested) will be fulfilled. I'll only believe that SEGA are willing to adapt if I see that happening.

Valkyria Chronicles on the PC would be pretty cool I guess.

TaroYamada

It should be noted that SEGA community managers acknowledged the previous twitter campaign. This was, to an extent, their recommended course of action.

liquidtmd

Banned
Sega could make real bank here.

Stick a team of five - ten talented people with a passion and desire to make a name for themselves on ports = profit.

I don't know what Christian Whitehead cost Sega, but Im guessing his Sonic efforts have raked in many MANY times more through word of mouth in their quality.

TaroYamada

Please share it on Facebook and Twitter. I think that posting it in the Steam Activity Feed could be useful as well.

im7hCyVGxY1g2.PNG

I actually tagged mine with metal gear rising so it'd show up in that game's hub too, though if done excessively I'd imagine that would just piss a ton of people off.

MSMrRound

It should be noted that SEGA community managers acknowledged the previous twitter campaign. This was, to an extent, their recommended course of action.

They also acknowledged the Gallian Liberation Front effort for Valkyria Chronicles 3 etc (evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AI4fcPcpng).

Aaron can say that he's proud to have worked on the series and stuff, but I guess if nothing comes out of Shahid's #JRPGVita and Gio Corsi's "Sony 3rd party wishlist" thing, I have to accept that we wouldn't ever be getting a official localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Signed so hard. I hope Sega listens; with the Revengeance port apparently doing well, it seems like it's a no-brainer to port over the games running on the same engine.

Dolor

Signed. Thanks to all who did the real work to put this together. As a PC only gamer, it is much appreciated!

TaroYamada

Just broke 200 sigs, I've been told our SEGABits story will be up shortly. SEGANerds/Shiro will follow within the day most likely.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Signed. I believe VC can do amazing on PC and that series deserves to continue!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Even Konami being ahead of Sega in this respect has got to provide some kind of wake up call to these jokers. Sega's allergies to money are just deeply frustrating.

Don't think Sega will be bothered to port 4-5 year old games.
That said I would buy Bayonetta, for the 3rd time. Vanquish not, don't understand the praise for it, it has only the gameplay going for it which I admist is unique indeed, but the rest (weak story, bad graphics, only 4 hours long) don't make up for it's "stylish gameplay".

Gbraga

I want Catherine on PC, is that asking too much?

I'd buy 10 copies, at least.

I'll get 10 of Bayo or Vanquish too.

Kassu

Banned
Signed. Hope this campaign gets lots of support, I would love to see more Sega games on PC. And maybe if this campaign is a success Sega could release Yakuza and Persona games on PC as well, that would be amazing..

That said I would buy Bayonetta, for the 3rd time. Vanquish not, don't understand the praise for it, it has only the gameplay going for it which I admist is unique indeed, but the rest (weak story, bad graphics, only 4 hours long) don't make up for it's "stylish gameplay".
They ported Viking of all things. Practically anything is on the table.

I wonder how much the cost of bringing those Platinum games to PC has already been defrayed by having ported over MGRR to PC. Seems like those games are more likely to see a PC showing now than before.

Bad graphics? I remember that game looking fantastic on the PS3 but really wanting to play it at 60 fps. I'd pay a pretty penny for that.

Top Bottom