• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV launches on April 14th for PS4

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
2/22 for beta.
Preorders start 1/2 - collectors edition coming with the same stuff PS3/PC people got plus a fat chocobo mount and moogle minion.

Be1CSXvCAAAmnzc.png:large

Aeana

Important to note that if you got the PS3/PC CE then you don't have to buy the PS4 version to get the new CE rewards, they'll be automatically given to you.

Japan only or is this worldwide?

The date is for Japan but odds are really high that it'll be simultaneous.

I wonder if since I bought the PS3 CE I'll get the PS4 CE bonus goodies.

Need that fat chobobo!

Edit

Important to note that if you got the PS3/PC CE then you don't have to buy the PS4 version to get the new CE rewards, they'll be automatically given to you.

isual

I don't really want to have a ps3 version then upgrade digitally even though its free.
I'll just wait on a price drop; will def pick up though

Tratorn

Ok thanks.
The PS3 PSN-Version is on a sale at the moment, so I'd consider to buy it now and upgrade to PS4 later.
The 30 days trial will only be activated after I login the first time, right?

BibiMaghoo

*reads as XV*
* face lights up with megaton news*
* realises mistake*
* Dies a little*

I do want this for PS4, but I hate monthly subs. Maybe one day it will be free to play.

Edit: Not just me ^^

Drame

Awesome. Totally resubscribing the next month.

Now just some gameplay clips! I'm dying to see how it runs.

Tenki

I might give it a shot. I haven't played the game yet and I haven't been following it either.

Is it good? I haven't played a MMORPG since WoW I think. I don't want to become an addict again lol

How much is it per month?

The PS3 version on Amazon UK is just £9.24

So really you could get the game for that much and have that free upgrade to the PS4 version once its out. It would be a digital upgrade too so no need to have disc in the system either!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
How long does the trade in last? If I buy it for the ps3 now, can I get the ps4 version free in the fall?

Dinda

Ok guys, i have the original CE for PC (ver. 1.0) that's how i play it on PC.

So i want to play it also on PS4.

Questions:

I have to buy it again on PS3/4 right?

Do i have to buy the CE or will it be enough to buy the regular edition (because my account is a PC CE?)

If i buy the PS4 retail version would i need the disc to play it? I would like to buy physical if it is a nice edition, but i really don't want to switch Disc for it.

edit.
oh yeah, and is it enough to own the 1.0 CE (like i do) to get the goodies for this version for free?

TheChaos0

Oh that's nice.

aceface

I play this game off and on on the PC. Does it translate well to a console?

It's ok on PS3 you are gonna get some slowdown in graphics intensive areas. Also PS3 loading takes forever. From what they said PS4 version is supposed to be comparable to high end PC performance. And IMO it plays great on a controller.

Artorias

Banned
I hope they give me that mount for buying the PS3 CE!

I lost my security token for a few weeks but I just found it, so I'm ready! Unless I lose it again.

Top Bottom