• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

wwm0nkey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:07 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar
So first Phil commented on all the "news" that came out of Microsoft this week, referring to the leaks obviously.



Then one of our own guys asks about Halo 2 immediately after and he pretty much confirms the damn thing but says we have to wait for the news event.



I like Phil but damn, I was expecting a big "no comment" brigade from Microsoft until these things were actually shown.
Alienous
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:09 PM)
Alienous's Avatar
I like honest Microsoft.

Roll with the punches.
Sendou
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:09 PM)
Sendou's Avatar
Well there's not anybody left who thinks Halo 2 remake isn't coming so he can say whatever he wants. Light tease is better than complete denial at this stage.
Bgamer90
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:10 PM)
Bgamer90's Avatar
Just saw this too:

http://www.xtralife.es/xbox-one/halo...iversary/15671
Chobel
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:10 PM)
Chobel's Avatar
Yep, he pretty much confirmed it.

Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Just saw this too:

http://www.xtralife.es/xbox-one/halo...iversary/15671

What's this website?
Shaqiri1287
Banned
(02-03-2014, 05:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Sendou

Well there's not anybody left who thinks Halo 2 remake isn't coming so he can say whatever he wants. Light tease is better than complete denial at this stage.

I think everyone knew a Halo 2 remake/anniversary edition was coming the second the original Halo anniversary was announced.
HigherLevel
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:11 PM)
HigherLevel's Avatar
I hope we get to see it soon. Maybe MS is having an X event this month or next?
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(02-03-2014, 05:11 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar
Not able to answer because they need news for events is a sad answer. That dude really did leak most of their major plans into 2016, didn't he?
Aquamarine
Banned
(02-03-2014, 05:11 PM)


There's no way he would say this if all of the rumors were false.
ekim
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:11 PM)
ekim's Avatar

Originally Posted by HigherLevel

I hope we get to see it soon. Maybe MS is having an X event this month or next?

Early March iirc. At SXSW.
wwm0nkey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:12 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

Not able to answer because they need news for events is a sad answer. That dude really did leak most of their major plans into 2016, didn't he?

Pretty much lol

Though I expect there are some plans going through that not even the leaker was sure about. Example, Phantom Dust 2 will probably be happening.
Silky
(02-03-2014, 05:12 PM)
Silky's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

Not able to answer because they need news for events is a sad answer. That dude really did leak most of their major plans into 2016, didn't he?

He said the stuff he had wasn't even the beginning apparently?
Big Jeffrey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:13 PM)
Big Jeffrey's Avatar
Dual Wielding is back baby.
Alienous
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:13 PM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by Silky

He said the stuff he had wasn't even the beginning apparently?

They always say that though, don't they?
Stumpokapow
Currently AFK. Please ask another moderator for help or support.
(02-03-2014, 05:15 PM)
Stumpokapow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Just saw this too:

http://www.xtralife.es/xbox-one/halo...iversary/15671

WRT retail listings, I think you can use a retail listing to speculate that something's going to happen, but not to confirm. Retailers regularly create pages for rumoured products, especially retailers using third party data providers, just to maximize pre-order revenue and get customer interest up. If the page was created BEFORE the rumour, then that'd suggest to me that they had information somewhere up the chain to believe that this was something that might happen. But since the page was created AFTER the rumour, there's no reason to believe they're not just following the rumour.
Silky
(02-03-2014, 05:16 PM)
Silky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big Jeffrey

Dual Wielding is back baby.

[Internal screaming.]
Quentyn
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:17 PM)
Quentyn's Avatar

Originally Posted by ekim

Early March iirc. At SXSW.

Isn't that just an interview? Doesn't seem to be the right venue to reveal their big holiday game.
artist
Banned
(02-03-2014, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Aquamarine



There's no way he would say this if all of the rumors were false.

The plant theory makes even more sense now ..
ekim
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:18 PM)
ekim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quentyn

Isn't that just an interview? Doesn't seem to be the right venue to reveal their big holiday game.

Maybe they are doing a larger press event too? The leaker hinted that all his info would've been eventually officially released by the end of February/start of March.
gaming_noob
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:19 PM)
gaming_noob's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey


ntknrl may have done us a favor and we'll hopefully see some different "big" news.
Rodney McKay
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:19 PM)
Rodney McKay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big Jeffrey

Dual Wielding is back baby.

SMG+Plasma Rifle=Wrecking shop
Until they nerfed it in an update :.(
yankeehater
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:22 PM)
yankeehater's Avatar
Dual wielding needlers! Cant fucking wait.
DarkLordMalik
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:23 PM)
DarkLordMalik's Avatar

Originally Posted by artist

The plant theory makes even more sense now ..

The way he is talking about "not getting tired of enough questions," he sounds exactly like ntkrnl, who was also happy to answer to any question.

Just kidding, lol

But this is definitely a yes from his side. So i guess we can pretty much confirm most of the rumors of 2014. The only question mark should be on the late 2015-2016 rumors like Crackdown 3 and Platinum Games project.
R dott B
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:24 PM)
R dott B's Avatar
I love Halo 2, it's the last good Bungie game.
Last edited by R dott B; 02-03-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Bornstellar
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:25 PM)
Bornstellar's Avatar
I will buy this.
RazielCuts
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:26 PM)
RazielCuts's Avatar
Even without the leaks, wasn't this like a given anyway? I mean Microsoft is in the business of selling milk and Halo is their cow, they'll squeeze that sucker for every bit its worth. Same goes for Gears, expect Gears 'Definitive' 1,2,3 editions too.
Diddy Kong
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:27 PM)
Diddy Kong's Avatar
Guess I'm buying an XBONE after all.
UltraRascal
Banned
(02-03-2014, 05:27 PM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

Not able to answer because they need news for events is a sad answer. That dude really did leak most of their major plans into 2016, didn't he?

.......you are reeaaaaaaally extrapolating a lot from one Tweet. My god.
Doffen
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:28 PM)
Doffen's Avatar
Halo 2 is indeed a good game.
Bgamer90
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:30 PM)
Bgamer90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

WRT retail listings, I think you can use a retail listing to speculate that something's going to happen, but not to confirm. Retailers regularly create pages for rumoured products, especially retailers using third party data providers, just to maximize pre-order revenue and get customer interest up. If the page was created BEFORE the rumour, then that'd suggest to me that they had information somewhere up the chain to believe that this was something that might happen. But since the page was created AFTER the rumour, there's no reason to believe they're not just following the rumour.

Yeah, I just thought it was interesting (stir up the speculation pot)

Kind of reminds me of that listing that came up for Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3 when rumors came up that the game wouldn't be on the PS4.
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:30 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar
Right on Phil, right on. He's been great with fan interaction since Don left, huh?
Silky
(02-03-2014, 05:30 PM)
Silky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rodney McKay

SMG+Plasma Rifle=Wrecking shop
Until they nerfed it in an update :.(

Originally Posted by yankeehater

Dual wielding needlers! Cant fucking wait.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh I HOPE They nerf the shit out of Dual Wielding again, goddamn
J-P
Junior Member
(02-03-2014, 05:30 PM)
J-P's Avatar
Time for noob combo clinic.
BruiserBear
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:37 PM)
BruiserBear's Avatar
I can't believe his Halo 2 thing is real. If that is their Halo game for XB1 this year...... so much disappoint.
wwm0nkey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:38 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I can't believe his Halo 2 thing is real. If that is their only Halo game this year, so much disappoint.

We get a good Halo MP game and the 343 gets more time to make Halo 5 good. Win/Win
yankeehater
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:38 PM)
yankeehater's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-P

Time for noob combo clinic.

Yeah, a whole new generation of players are going to rage quit. Man this is such exciting news. So glad it is this rather then Halo 5 this year.
Shrinnan
Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
(02-03-2014, 05:40 PM)
Shrinnan's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

We get a good Halo MP game and the 343 gets more time to make Halo 5 good. Win/Win

Also, assuming the original leak was true - we also get Halo 5 beta in December and a Halo 2 War Collection containing ports of Halo 3 and Halo 4 for Xbox One. There's going to be A LOT of Halo this year.
BruiserBear
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:40 PM)
BruiserBear's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

We get a good Halo MP game and the 343 gets more time to make Halo 5 good. Win/Win

I don't even think Halo 2 was a good MP game. It revolved entirely around dual wielding guns, and I think there is a good reason every single Halo game after 2 downplayed the dual wielding. It ruined the fucking game.
Vizzeh
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:41 PM)
Vizzeh's Avatar
I prefer the "honest" Msoft myself. They still have a long long way to go to win me over, hopefully they have turned a corner (I keep hoping)

Phil seemed well f**ked off in the first tweet, not necessarily directed at the question/user.
wwm0nkey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:42 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I don't even think Halo 2 was a good MP game. It revolved entirely around dual wielding guns, and I think there is a good reason every single Halo game after 2 downplayed the dual wielding. It ruined the fucking game.

I played the ever loving hell out of Halo 2 MP and all I have to say to this is, what?

Game focused a lot on map control and weapon placement. Also those maps are hands down the finest lineup of maps in a game ever. So much quality even in the DLC.
Estocolmo
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:42 PM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by RazielCuts

Even without the leaks, wasn't this like a given anyway? I mean Microsoft is in the business of selling milk and Halo is their cow, they'll squeeze that sucker for every bit its worth. Same goes for Gears, expect Gears 'Definitive' 1,2,3 editions too.

I can't see the problem with Microsoft "squeezing" games. If they make money out of, that is an indication they are doing whats right for the consumers.

I am a big Halo fan and I appreciated the first anniversary game a lot! It brought back some great memories, mixed with updated graphics and achievements. The game was cheaper than usual too.

As long as there is a demand for it, it sells good and the anniversary game is properly made I can't see the problem here.
JaggedSac
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:43 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I don't even think Halo 2 was a good MP game. It revolved entirely around dual wielding guns, and I think there is a good reason every single Halo game after 2 downplayed the dual wielding. It ruined the fucking game.

Throw me in the pile that disagrees with you. Halo 2 MP was great fun and did not find it revolved around dual wielding. BR is king.
Frankenstrat
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:43 PM)
Frankenstrat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rodney McKay

SMG+Plasma Rifle=Wrecking shop
Until they nerfed it in an update :.(

Dual needlers will be fun
Edit: beaten, but still. This is gonna be crazy.
Last edited by Frankenstrat; 02-03-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Shrinnan
Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
(02-03-2014, 05:44 PM)
Shrinnan's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Game focused a lot on map control and weapon placement. Also those maps are hands down the finest lineup of maps in a game ever. So much quality even in the DLC.

I must caveat this first by saying that Halo 2 was by no means my favorite multiplayer Halo but with that said the maps in Halo 2 by far surpass any other maps in any other Halo. Playing on the original Lockout again is going to be amazing.
Xenon
Banned
(02-03-2014, 05:44 PM)
Xenon's Avatar
MS is going to cancel the project out of spite.
Syphon Filter
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:44 PM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shrinnan

Also, assuming the original leak was true - we also get Halo 5 beta in December and a Halo 2 War Collection containing ports of Halo 3 and Halo 4 for Xbox One. There's going to be A LOT of Halo this year.

Yea but existing titles.
Caayn
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:44 PM)
Caayn's Avatar
My BR is ready.
wwm0nkey
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:45 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xenon

MS is going to cancel the project out of spite.

Microsoft isn't Capcom
Shrinnan
Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
(02-03-2014, 05:47 PM)
Shrinnan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syphon Filter

Yea but existing titles.

On a platform that doesn't have those titles. Also, Halo 2 is probably not going to be the same Halo 2 released on the original Xbox and we still have the Halo 5 beta in December apparently.

I'm not saying it's the best we could get, but considering Halo 5 is apparently going to be delayed until next year (and probably for good reason) then I would say that this is the ideal scenario to appease fans until then.
Yaoibot
Member
(02-03-2014, 05:49 PM)
Yaoibot's Avatar

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I can't believe his Halo 2 thing is real. If that is their Halo game for XB1 this year...... so much disappoint.

You didn't honestly expect that the E3 2013 CGI trailer we saw would amount to anything this year, did you? No gameplay, not mention of betas, nothing afterwards. Halo 5 is 2015, for sure, unless it encounters some development hiccups. Of all the 'exclusives' revealed, I'd say maybe Quantum Break and Insomniac's game hits this year. Oh and that world-building thing is already in alpha or something isn't it?

Thread Tools