• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 runs 4xMSAA; 1920x800 vs 1920x1080 "not set in stone yet"

SdrXrTU.png

Update: Aspect ratio is indeed pretty much set in stone.

ZopsNUP.png

Good! I hope they go 1080P and drop this other crap.

Especially now that the game is 30 FPS.

Gives them more leeway.

KoopaTheCasual

aspectratiogate

Seems like a lot of work to change aspect ratio this far in development. Shots taken in 2.4:1 look really different from 16:9 shots. Hopefully they won't have to completely rework the camera just to appease HD whiners.

Isn't msaa awfully resource-hungry? I feel that SMAA T2X looks the same or better at MUCH less resource cost. At least it did in Crysis 3.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd rather they stick with their vision and let the whiners continue to whine (and buy the game anyway).

AJLma

We all know a game doesn't have value until it has a mode where you can spend 50 hours doing the same basic thing over and over and over again.

That's what's great about multiplayer.

You're playing with new people every time, giving you a dynamic and changing experience.

pa22word

I think the longer aspect ratio is really interesting from a design perspective and does a good, imediate job of distinguishing the game from every other next gen shooter that's out there. Plus 4xMSAA looks pretty swell at native res :p

I say keep it.

DieH@rd

Banned
My vote goes to 4x MSAA . I had zero problems with letterboxing in games so far, and this looks more than fine:

pmgfwq.gif

I'd rather have a full 1080p experience and 2x AA. hell, I'll even settle for FXAA if they handle it well. I guess I could also just play it on my projector, too, so those bars don't seem so bad.

Happy to hear about 4xMSAA. Would be cool if they gave the option to choose the aspect ratio.

Also, what is with that dumb question. "So I have to pay $60 for 6-10 hours of content". No one is forcing you to buy anything you whiny dick.

Derrick01

Banned
That's what's great about multiplayer.

You're playing with new people every time, giving you a dynamic and changing experience.

Not really. You just kill-->die-->respawn and repeat on the same ~8 smallish maps forever. Most people who like that for some reason tend to stick to BF and COD now so there's really no need to have it in every single game with similar mechanics. Just play the 30 other TPS that have it.

Salex_

We all know a game doesn't have value until it has a mode where you can spend 50 hours doing the same basic thing over and over and over again.

I thought you were a gameplay "God"? Good gameplay mechanics allows you to play a game a multiplayer game over and over again. This is why fighting games, action games, RTS, and MOBAs have long lasting appeal.
Not really. You just kill-->die-->respawn and repeat on the same ~8 smallish maps forever. Most people who like that for some reason tend to stick to BF and COD now so there's really no need to have it in every single game with similar mechanics. Just play the 30 other TPS that have it.

This is the guy that bitches in every thread about gameplay....

Top Bottom