• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom registers Devil May Cry trademark

YOOOOOO!

I can't..I must not get hyped.. what if its an ios game or something :C

I just want DMC5, hell I would even take DmC 2 if my/others gripes with the game are fixed

Fuck.

Dahbomb

cRAqh.gif

Didn't DmC bomb?

I wasn't expecting a sequel for a couple of years, we'll see what Capcom comes out with.

Crossing fingers for real Dante

RELIGHT

Banned
Well the latest installment was quite disappointing for a DMC and when you have games like Bayonetta to compare it to, it doesn't help things. Hopefully this one is back to form.

I wouldn't mind an improved DmC 2, I liked the more relatable characters and the humor better. Plus the combat system wasn't as restrictive to new players. Just make it 60 fps and with a new engine.

tbm24

If the guys who designed DmC's world have access to the next gen consoles, I can't even imagine what the game will look like.

Wait a sec, Isn't this the european trademark organization where anyone can register a trademark? We saw it's potential for abuse with the recent Fallout 4 fiasco.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'd take either DMC5 or DmC2 to be honest. That being said, this is probably something like DMC Heaven vs. Hell Card Battle Spectacular for iOS.

Yaoibot

I don't think they'd be dumb enough to do DMC2. But the mismanagement of publishers and their IPs these days is an Ouroboros of stupid, so who the Hell knows.

Dahbomb

In the hypothetical case that it's a definitive edition:

I am not sure if a Definitive DmC edition would be a good idea.

PC version is already 60FPS and you don't need a beastly PC to play it at above 60FPS.

They would have to change a lot for even fans like me to be interested. The only extra content they can add to it is the Vergil DLC and the costumes... stuff like Bloody Palace was free.

In the hypothetical case than it's an iOS game:

My care cup couldn't be more empty.

In the hypothetical case that it's DmC2:

Good, more DMC/DmC is good especially for next gen. Chance to fix some wrongs and have the game reach its potential. I would be on board with it.

In the hypothetical case that it's DMC5 or a game in the OG DMC series:

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE etc.

In the hypothetical case that it's another DMC remake:

Pretty fucking stupid move by Capcom if they just remade it but it's Capcpcom.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sparda origin Story. running on Panta Rhei engine and by Capcom Production Studio and with Virgil own spin off game teaser in the end of the game.

Do it Capcom.

MrDaravon

I don't know that I'd trust Capcom to make DMC5. DmC was actually pretty decent, but didn't meet sales expectations so I'd be surprised to see that either.

Oh wait it's Capcom, it'll be mobile.

Top Bottom