• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

Amir0x

Banned
guys just let the sony fanboy comment go and let's discuss the topic at hand, that sort of thing is never going to be constructive :p

Hard to tell what maps will be interesting from just the names, but I'm most curious about Nexus and Relic.

Edit: Boneyard might be cool too, depending on if it's an actual boneyard or a mechanical boneyard.

Raide

guys just let the sony fanboy comment go and let's discuss the topic at hand, that sort of thing is never going to be constructive :p

Hard to tell what maps will be interesting from just the names, but I'm most curious about Nexus and Relic.

Edit: Boneyard might be cool too, depending on if it's an actual boneyard or a mechanical boneyard.

Hrmmm....we are in space, so could we be looking at Alien Relics and Alien Boneyards? Or maybe a massive zone which has all of our scrapped Titans in it. :D

I would love to see something done in a Titan Factory.

I got excited about seeing all three of those. The artists can show what they're made of with names like that I bet.

Hrmmm....we are in space, so could we be looking at Alien Relics and Alien Boneyards? Or maybe a massive zone which has all of our scrapped Titans in it. :D

More sci-fi story elements would make me very happy.

Amir0x

Banned

Oh yeah, there's that one splash image in the BETA of Titans lined up on what seems to be an Assembly Line. That'd be a badass location

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Still feel like we've lowered our standards tremendously. Now we're cool with a $60 multiplayer only game shipping with 13 maps.

And I'm willing to bet they were planning on the already too low 16 maps and either they or EA pressured them into cutting off three and setting them aside as the first DLC pack.

velociraptor

eh.. not impressed.

This is a MP only title. If all the focus is towards MP, I would have expected 20 maps.

MW2 had 16 maps ffs, a spec ops mode alongside a decent campaign.

Milennia

im personally fine with this, i have been assuming 13 since the announcement of multiplayer only.

as long as they are varied enough of course.

Amir0x

Banned
Players should be able to hide in Titan bays and pretend to be in line. :D

that'd be fucking amazing. That's a really brilliant idea genuinely. Like the assembly line could have conveyors where titans are moving along, and you can jump on one of them and just stand still and move along with it until an unsuspecting pilot wanders by lol

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
SO 14 now?

Here are the strings I found for the images you see in the multiplayer lobby, so does seem to be 14 (15 including training ground)

lobby_image_mp_overlook
lobby_image_mp_nexus
lobby_image_mp_training_ground
lobby_image_mp_angel_city
lobby_image_mp_smugglers_cove
lobby_image_mp_rise
lobby_image_mp_airbase
lobby_image_mp_relic
lobby_image_mp_fracture
lobby_image_mp_boneyard
lobby_image_mp_lagoon
lobby_image_mp_corporate
lobby_image_mp_outpost_207 - may actually be 'Outpost 207'
lobby_image_mp_o2
lobby_image_mp_colony

Definity

I really enjoy both maps that are in the beta and if the other maps are the same quality I will be fine with it.

eh.. not impressed.

This is a MP only title. If all the focus is towards MP, I would have expected 20 maps.

MW2 had 16 maps ffs, a spec ops mode alongside a decent campaign.

These are much bigger maps with a lot of vertical space and underground areas as well. I expected 10-12 before the cboat rumor. 14 certainly exceeds my expectations.

Amir0x

Banned
I missed a map.

There is another called o2

Aw snap! I edited the OP to reflect this, but if a mod can edit the title to say "14 maps at launch?" it'd be great

Also, whenever you find out gamemodes or weapons, let me know so I can quote your post and update the OP. You're a gentleman and a scholar brosef :D

If they're as good as the first two maps in the beta... this is great. Those maps have a ton of depth.

Here are the strings I found for the images you see in the multiplayer lobby, so does seem to be 14 (15 including training ground)

lobby_image_mp_overlook
lobby_image_mp_nexus
lobby_image_mp_training_ground
lobby_image_mp_angel_city
lobby_image_mp_smugglers_cove
lobby_image_mp_rise
lobby_image_mp_airbase
lobby_image_mp_relic
lobby_image_mp_fracture
lobby_image_mp_boneyard
lobby_image_mp_lagoon
lobby_image_mp_corporate
lobby_image_mp_outpost_207 - may actually be 'Outpost 207'
lobby_image_mp_o2
lobby_image_mp_colony

It's kind of interesting that the file names specifically seem to call out "_mp_" as if you'd also have "_sp_" somewhere.

Raide

that'd be fucking amazing. That's a really brilliant idea genuinely. Like the assembly line could have conveyors where titans are moving along, and you can jump on one of them and just stand still and move along with it until an unsuspecting pilot wanders by lol

Makes me think of that Halo map Elongation.

Could lead to some great hide and seek moments.

King_Moc

Banned
Seems to me like they didn't bother with the entire single player component, but 'made up' for it with another 2 maps on top. Seems iffy to me, but if everyone's ok with it then i guess that's the way it'll go in the future too.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As it's multiplayer only, I'll bet you can play on Training Ground in another mode other than training, like how training levels in fighting games sometimes are actual levels, which would make it 15 maps, which would be a round number.

Kade

I'm 110% okay with that. From what I played of the beta, I can imagine myself spending A LOT of time with this game. $60 MP/SP/Co-op only will NEVER be a barrier for me.

As it's multiplayer only, I'll bet you can play on Training Ground in another mode other than training, like how training levels in fighting games sometimes are actual levels, which would make it 15 maps, which would be a round number.

The training level in this is basically a small walled arena that definitely won't be able to accommodate 12 players, their titans and the AI enemies.

You sir, are a moron. Maybe try contributing to the actual topic next time.
I'm not sure how much something like this does either to be honest. It's not hard to tell the guy posted something dumb, a dozen posts simply drawing attention to it in a fifty post topic is about a dozen too many.

legacyzero

Banned
content wise, yet to see $60 justified.

to sell dlc after 13 maps and $60 is kind of lame.

I'll never understand this argument. I think Antitrop (I think that's who said it) put it best saying that $60 is justifable by how much you could be playing it. Hell, I've spent $170 on Battlefield 4 (PC version, PS4 version, and one Premium membership for PS4), and I play the SHIT out of that game. Barring the fact that I bought two copies of the game, do I feel justified in my $100 purchase on PS4? Absolutely. And BF3 Premium delivered a GREAT amount of content for that membership, so I expect the same for BF4, and so far it's looking good.

TLDR: I don't mind the cost, if I'm going to be playing it A LOT.

I'm 110% okay with that. From what I played of the beta, I can imagine myself spending A LOT of time with this game. $60 MP/SP/Co-op only will NEVER be a barrier for me.

See?

After the travesty that was Gears of War Judgement launch maps, I welcome the possibility of 13 launch maps. You'd have to have a high map count with a game that's only multiplayer.

Copenap

Sounds like a fairly large amount of maps nowadays but I also don't know how large they are. I feel like if the maps are small a larger amount of maps is reasonable while BF kind of maps can get away with a smaller amount of maps. However, the mp only arguement for demanding a bizillion maps is nonsense imo.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I played ME3 multiplayer for like 200 hours and that's a COOP game with like 5 maps (with some environmental hazards) added in. I would prefer more but number of maps aren't a measure of the longevity of a game.

im not arguing which is the better game, only price/ content. at 60 dollars, other games offer better value. they could choose to add more value to be competitive, or charge more for map packs. which is lame.

Price/Content wise how much should Titanfall retail for?
I can't quantify how much fun is worth but based on the alpha/beta, $60 is fair.

Top Bottom