• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

Nokterian

We still need conformation from Respawn them self yes you can datamine all you want but it can be different on launch how many modes,maps etc etc there is. At this point there is not justification what it will be at all when it is released.

Alienous

If all maps are built for all game modes, this is a very good amount that I can live with.

So far we have two maps that play *very* differently from one another. If the remaining 11-12 maps are as good as these two I will be a very happy gamer come launch day.

Are they ever, though?

You lead with your best, after all.

E92 M3

I don't care about number, but quality. And So far I've been playing 2 maps for hours, so 13 is plenty. I am just hoping for snow or rain maps. Would be great.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
that I wish they would ask for less money?

The 60$ includes publishing, game print costs. Your premise is flawed to shit. Digital only games are cheaper because they are a cheaper to get into a consumers hands that's it. It has nothing to do with the relative quality.

We still need conformation from Respawn them self yes you can datamine all you want but it can be different on launch how many modes,maps etc etc there is. At this point there is not justification what it will be at all when it is released.

Yeah, some of those named maps could be dlc for all we know.

I was hoping for 16 and thinking 12 would be worst case so I am happy to meet in the middle if this is true!

Hopefully none of them are stinkers that are just in there to make the numbers up.

Price/Content wise how much should Titanfall retail for?
I can't quantify how much fun is worth but based on the alpha/beta, $60 is fair.
I don't know, but with less content than other games of its ilk I'm not paying the same/higher price. If you think the quality will balance things out, that's fair, to each their own.

Assuming all maps will be good because the two in the beta are is presumptuous though.

RoKKeR

" Indigenous flying NPC creatures can also swoop down to pester your allies and enemies, creating a livelier match"

that sounds interesting. really does seem like they are trying to make each map unique

I was noticing that too, should be interesting to see how that effects gameplay.

If all of the maps are of the same quality of the two in the beta I will be more than happy.

Mesoian

Not bad. It's not Unreal Championship 2's 48 but...20 will suffice, as long as all of them can be used with all of the game modes.

Nokterian

Yikes, puts things into perspective.

Sure go ahead and think this would be it. But i have to tell you nobody's knows how packed this game is. Really wait and see when it's released. Like i said datamining doesn't help any conformation untill Respawn tells what is in store.

op_ivy

Sure go ahead and think this would be it. But i have to tell you nobody's knows how packed this game is. Really wait and see when it's released. Like i said datamining doesn't help any conformation untill Respawn tells what is in store.

it wouldnt be shocking. i'm sure MS was really pressuring respawn to get the game out during the "launch window" limiting the content they could create at a high standard. still, its more then enough for me if the quality is there.

Gaogaogao

The 60$ includes publishing, game print costs. Your premise is flawed to shit. Digital only games are cheaper because they are a cheaper to get into a consumers hands that's it. It has nothing to do with the relative quality.

again, not talking about quality, talking about content/ dollar. and if pressing discs and shipping them costs so much, then give me a discount for an origin code. I don't want a disc anyway. also theres no licensing fee on pc. but lets keep arguing against the consumer, this is fascinating.

Woo-Fu

Banned
You lead with your best, after all.

The BF3 beta map was Operation Metro.

Hopefully the DLC will be reasonably priced.

The only company reasonably pricing map DLC is Valve. There was a point in time where devs released new maps to keep their mp games popular, to keep giving people reasons to buy the game if they hadn't already. Now they just milk the fanbase. Coincidentally you also see servers locked-down and no method to create your own maps. Curious, isn't it?

je_ssi e

Ehhh. Seems kind of low.
I was hoping for the rumored 16 and personally think it should be closer to 20. Multiplayer was their only focus and they're charging full price.

14 maps is just... okay. Even less so when I know that most games have a few bad maps that the community collectively agrees are terrible. I'd like to think this game would be immune to that, but I'm not that naive.

Yikes, puts things into perspective.

I don't agree. You guys get too hung up on numbers when the weighting isn't even the same. Titanfall maps are far more complicated to design than your standard realistic location maps that typify a given semi-realistic FPS. I mean, with their vertical traversal focus and a need to maintain a dual balance to accommodate TItan movement and combat as well as the human units, these are probably twice if not three times the work than almost any other more grounded maps. As well, this isn't made by a team nearly the size of IW was for those games. I'm pretty sure that TF doesn't have the budget, either. Still, if it comes down them both being $60, I guess I just can't understand the logic when a good time and how far it goes doesn't exactly conform to a standard unless we're talking about the same exact kinds of games where content-to-dollar ratio might matter.

op_ivy

I don't agree. You guys get too hung up on numbers when the weighting isn't even the same. Titanfall maps are far more complicated to design than your standard realistic location maps that typify a given semi-realistic FPS. I mean, with their vertical traversal focus and a need to maintain a dual balance to accommodate TItan movement and combat as well as the human units, these are probably twice if not three times the work than almost any other more grounded maps. As well, this isn't made by a team nearly the size of IW was for those games. I'm pretty sure that TF doesn't have the budget, either. Still, if it comes down them both being $60, I guess I just can't understand the logic when a good time and how far it goes conform to a standard unless we're talking about the same exact kinds of games where content-to-dollar ratio might matter.

good points

Kinyou

Was hoping for 16 but 14 should be fine as well. Interested what the MP campaign will look like. The ending of the training section in the beta gave me the impression that there might be some sort of hub level or something like that.

LEGGZZZZ

I don't agree. You guys get too hung up on numbers when the weighting isn't even the same. Titanfall maps are far more complicated to design than your standard realistic location maps that typify a given semi-realistic FPS. I mean, with their vertical traversal focus and a need to maintain a dual balance to accommodate TItan movement and combat as well as the human units, these are probably twice if not three times the work than almost any other more grounded maps. As well, this isn't made by a team nearly the size of IW was for those games. I'm pretty sure that TF doesn't have the budget, either. Still, if it comes down them both being $60, I guess I just can't understand the logic when a good time and how far it goes conform to a standard unless we're talking about the same exact kinds of games where content-to-dollar ratio might matter.

I'm glad someone is using common sense and not just comparing how content heavy each game is.

Kade

again, not talking about quality, talking about content/ dollar. and if pressing discs and shipping them costs so much, then give me a discount for an origin code. I don't want a disc anyway. also theres no licensing fee on pc. but lets keep arguing against the consumer, this is fascinating.

It's not like you're arguing for the consumer, either. You're arguing for what you personally deem worthy of a $60 price tag disregarding that other people put different emphasis and value on things than you while also using your personal view as if its the consensus/fact.

There's no objective weighting in existence to determine whether something is worth x number of dollars so its pointless to argue as if there was.

ElfArmy177

I'll never understand this argument. I think Antitrop (I think that's who said it) put it best saying that $60 is justifable by how much you could be playing it. Hell, I've spent $170 on Battlefield 4 (PC version, PS4 version, and one Premium membership for PS4), and I play the SHIT out of that game. Barring the fact that I bought two copies of the game, do I feel justified in my $100 purchase on PS4? Absolutely. And BF3 Premium delivered a GREAT amount of content for that membership, so I expect the same for BF4, and so far it's looking good.

TLDR: I don't mind the cost, if I'm going to be playing it A LOT.

See?

I agree to an extent... The price should also have a lot to do with content.

eroots

Ehhh. Seems kind of low.
I was hoping for the rumored 16 and personally think it should be closer to 20. Multiplayer was their only focus and they're charging full price.

14 maps is just... okay. Even less so when I know that most games have a few bad maps that the community collectively agrees are terrible. I'd like to think this game would be immune to that, but I'm not that naive.

Agree with all this.. At $60, it should have a whole lot more being multiplayer only... or include all dlc, which we all know will never happen.. I might just wait for it to hit $30 or so.. I am willing to pay full price for multiplayer only, but it needs to have more to justify it..

Gurrry

Thats plenty of maps.. but I want customization options for my character/titan.

Dont you dare make it a microtransaction/dlc. If this is an online only game.. 60 dollars can cover the cost of a color hex editor for my titan.

That's a nice chunk of maps. I'm happy with that

My issue with the beta were that there's only 2 maps where rounds were really short on each map and then the waiting time between them was really long.

More maps, longer rounds and less waiting and it will be golden

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Then you get into the issue of pissing off retailers. I understand what your talking about but it's not as simple as your implying.

eroots

14 maps at launch is quite a lot, why the heck wasn't Respawn bragging about this?

Because it's really not a lot when they are charging for multiplayer only.. Sure, if it had single player...14 would be mighty fine.. But people expect more when it's dedicated to one thing.. You'd think they'd have more with all the time they've had and being dedicated to one thing only.. I bet they already have designs, works in progress on at least that many DLC maps :)

Agree with all this.. At $60, it should have a whole lot more being multiplayer only... or include all dlc, which we all know will never happen.. I might just wait for it to hit $30 or so.. I am willing to pay full price for multiplayer only, but it needs to have more to justify it..

And every $60 game should be as fun as Titanfall no matter the category.

Beaulieu

now how many are behind a 8kb key ? ; )

edit : paying 60$ for an MP only game makes more sense that 60$ for SP only imo... way more replay value in MP, usually.

Phinor

I'd consider 13 a decent number for release in 2014, SP campaign or not. I just have a feeling that it will launch with like 8 maps, with the rest being DLC you have to buy.

Gaogaogao

It's not like you're arguing for the consumer, either. You're arguing for what you personally deem worthy of a $60 price tag disregarding that other people put different emphasis and value on things than you while also using your personal view as if its the consensus/fact.

There's no objective weighting in existence to determine whether something is worth x number of dollars so its pointless to argue as if there was.

this reads like 'you aint got the answers sway'. im out.

gatti-man

Ehhh. Seems kind of low.

I was quietly hoping for 20 as well. I don't think it's too much to ask for 20 quality maps in an mp only game. 13-14:even if high quality is disappointingly low and seems like they are holding stuff back for dlc which is annoying.

Gurrry

That just seems like a tiny amount for a $60 multiplayer only game.

It really depends on what else is there besides the maps. Like customization options, modes, the rumored "missions/story" you would play during regular online matches.. etc

There is still a lot left undiscovered about this game. But having this amount of maps is a good start for a game that is priding itself on how they cut out an entire single player experience in order to focus on the rich multiplayer experience.

So yeah, these maps are a great start.. but that better not be all we get.

Top Bottom