• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very Impressive Nintendo focused Collection

Exile20

Also includes Sega Game Gear and Sega 32x, Sega Master System.

It's not the biggest collection in the world, and the rarest game he has tops out at around $600, a far cry from the thousands of dollars some rare games are reported to be worth. So what makes his collection so special?

It's all about the aesthetics, dude. Norton's 5,200-game collection is meticulously alphabetized and displayed so everyone can enjoy it in all its spectacular glory.

"I suppose I’d have to consider myself a Nintendo fanboy. I grew up in the 1980s. Nintendo and Mario was everywhere, there was no escaping it," Norton recalled. "From Sunday morning cartoons, cereal, underwear, bed sheets and lunch boxes. Nintendo makes fantastic games and has enduring franchises. It is without a doubt my favorite company."

"I’ve acquired a ton of games, but I don’t feel like I’ve spent a ton. Most people don’t realize that many of these classic games can be found for $1 - $4 each," he dished. "It’s all about finding the right deal at the right time. Hunting out your local area. Finding extras games for cheap and trading online. To me collecting has become a fun game in and of itself."

"I’d say I have most of the rare games for most systems," he went on to say. "To be honest it may be easier to mention the hard-to-find games I don’t have. For the NES I own a complete licensed set, except for the very hard-to-find Stadium Events. My Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube sets are complete as well, except for the two mail-order Super Nintendo competition carts. I also own a complete set for Virtual Boy, Sega Game Gear and Sega 32x. I’m working on finishing up my Sega Master System, Game Boy and Game Boy Color sets."

CKFtIbn.jpg

DwgYMMJ.jpg

h9z2BBL.jpg

4EWcdQ2.jpg

lJcU35W.jpg

nDFukTH.jpg

ZDEHW8k.jpg

VDgChWs.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/18/beautiful-game-collection_n_4808710.html?ir=Technology

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Take note collectors: This is how you do a collection. Everything organized and in place, proper displays. Good stuff there.

Frolow

Banned
I've talked to this guy on Racketboy before. He's a really nice guy and has one of the best collections on there.

Kriken

It's not the biggest collection in the world, and the rarest game he has tops out at around $600, a far cry from the thousands of dollars some rare games are reported to be worth. So what makes his collection so special?

I wonder which game in particular that is. CIB Earthbound?

system11

He needs to rip down that silly pad display to make space for more hoarding.

As a hoarder myself I can only support this collection.

noobasuar

Banned
While the rest of kids in the world are being brought up on the most garbage game design ever these kids have it so good.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
These kids are gonna have a great childhood!

No they aren't. A collecter like that would never let those kids touch that stuff, photo ops aside. They'll just remember a father that forbade them from being in the fun room and for choosing to love games more than them.

system11

No they aren't. A collecter like that would never let those kids touch that stuff, photo ops aside. They'll just remember a father that forbade them from being in the fun room and for choosing to love games more than them.

He probably beats them soundly for even going in there, and sends them to be without any gruel. Probably.

Or maybe he's just a dad with a hobby.

Wow, that is so fucking awesome.

I would gladly pay money to spend an afternoon there playing games like its some kind of amusement park.

Top Bottom