• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

AHA-Lambda
(02-19-2014, 07:57 PM)
I've only watched the first few mins but its already gold, this is GB Quick Look gold in the making xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJvS...re=c4-overview

Oh and it's been an on rails shooter this whole time, I had no idea =/

lock if old.
maniac-kun
(02-19-2014, 07:59 PM)
Wow who thought this is a good idea?

€: WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING?
Last edited by maniac-kun; 02-19-2014 at 08:09 PM.
vogelkacke
(02-19-2014, 08:00 PM)
whos publishing this and why ?
TheGreatMightyPoo
(02-19-2014, 08:01 PM)
Is this game supposed to be funny???

If that's the angle they were going for, I think it's cool.
The Cartographer
The kusogest.
Ooccoo
That looks garbage, wow. Not that I was expecting much.
UnrealEck
so much fail
so little time
(02-19-2014, 08:02 PM)
This will be the new Bad Rats come Steam sale time.
The Grim Heaper
(02-19-2014, 08:03 PM)
"I'm sorry, this is no good for video..."

Then... edit it out?
andymcc
(02-19-2014, 08:03 PM)
SEGA should have just ported the very good light gun game to XBLA/PSN....
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(02-19-2014, 08:05 PM)
GOTY right here folks, Naughty Dog you can cancel Uncharted. There is no way you can beat this.
rasberryjam
(02-19-2014, 08:06 PM)
Nobody asked for this.
IOnEI Falcon
(02-19-2014, 08:09 PM)
Minus the faces, the game visually doesn't look that bad. The gameplay now...haha!
gordon1470
(02-19-2014, 08:12 PM)
The dialogue sounds like it was recorded over a cell phone. XD
sixteen-bit
(02-19-2014, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by andymcc

SEGA should have just ported the very good light gun game to XBLA/PSN....

If they can't afford the license just get Hiroshi Fujioka, he's got to be cheaper

WeAreStarStuff
(02-19-2014, 08:18 PM)
If I still smoked weed I would be all over this.
Tesseract
(02-19-2014, 08:18 PM)
game of the year.
Xater
(02-19-2014, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by AHA-Lambda

I've only watched the first few mins but its already gold, this is GB Quick Look gold in the making xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJvS...re=c4-overview

Oh and it's been an on rails shooter this whole time, I had no idea =/

lock if old.

Has been known for like forever.

Gonna watch this now, because it's probably a beautiful train wreck.
DukeBobby
(02-19-2014, 08:20 PM)
I'll wait for Stump's impressions.
Abdozer
(02-19-2014, 08:22 PM)
On-rails and a Rambo game....why.

This should've been like, MGS-style gameplay or something. Anything but on-rails.
andymcc
(02-19-2014, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

If they can't afford the license just get Hiroshi Fujioka, he's got to be cheaper

should just reskin it as a Segata Sanshiro shooter set in an alternate universe where he lives the rocket crash and the Dreamcast was market leader.

Originally Posted by Abdozer

On-rails and a Rambo game....why.

there have been plenty of on-rails rambo games.
Cisce
(02-19-2014, 08:25 PM)
I know a guy who's the community manager for the European publisher of this game, amazingly nice guy, but I feel bad for him having to hype this game as his job.

This is a whole new level of terrible, oh my god.
Zincalloy
(02-19-2014, 08:26 PM)
Seriously, what the hell? I want to like this so bad but I just can't.
Paratek
(02-19-2014, 08:26 PM)
I feel bad for the developer. This is probably a big license for them. But this game looks awful
CaptainTiptop
(02-19-2014, 08:27 PM)
Hahaha, please tell me this supports PS Move.
PepsimanVsJoe
(02-19-2014, 08:28 PM)
I hate to say it but Farcry is pretty damn close to what a real Rambo game would be.

This is...wtf? If they wanted to make a lightgun game they should have ported the Sega arcade shooter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wDFLnZRAE
Last edited by PepsimanVsJoe; 02-19-2014 at 08:30 PM.
atr0cious
(02-19-2014, 08:30 PM)
Only one player character for co-op is so thematically perfect. You're two men trained to trust each others lives. If you don't move as one unit, everyone dies. Can't wait to pick this up on PS plus.
BennyBlanco
(02-19-2014, 08:31 PM)
is this a port of the really dumb lightgun arcade game from sega?
NekoFever
(02-19-2014, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco

is this a port of the really dumb lightgun arcade game from sega?

That's the funny thing. It's not. Sega made a Rambo lightgun game a couple of years ago and these guys decided there was more to say there.
GunslingerVit
'Gameplay' looks kinda goofy, but then again, with some beer and friends it might be a trashy fun.
PIMPBYBLUD
The only time I would ever consider playing this is drunk with friends...
Brohan
Wow this is so bizarre, i want to say something witty but i can't even think of something.
Auto-Reply
(02-19-2014, 08:38 PM)
I take original Operation Wolf over this!
Oersted
(02-19-2014, 08:38 PM)
Read an interview about it. Thats a pub who never developed a game. They got the IP trough their pub money, and this is their first attempt on developing. They see it as a start, promised their is more to come.
GunslingerVit
(02-19-2014, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Oersted

Read an interview about it. Thats a pub who never developed a game. They got the IP trough their pub money, and this is their first attempt on developing. They see it as a start, promised their is more to come.

Did they also got the 'Ride to Hell: Retribution' IP? ;)
GrayFoxPL
(02-19-2014, 08:47 PM)
Not too bad for an on rails shooter. No Time Crisis that's for sure.
Duxxy3
(02-19-2014, 08:48 PM)
Light gun game... and the tab is closed. Moving on.
Corleth the Fey
(02-19-2014, 08:55 PM)
I hoping we get to set traps for bumbling cops and National Guardsmen.
DarkJedi24
(02-19-2014, 09:43 PM)
Microsoft should have published this game and made it a Kinect exclusive. Its as if this game was made for Kinect.
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(02-19-2014, 11:52 PM)
I think it looks kind of fun. I'm a sucker for light gun games, although using an analogue stick spoils it.
Currygan
(02-20-2014, 12:02 AM)
oxidax
(02-20-2014, 12:05 AM)
Why is this game even out? This is terrible! It looks like it was made for mobile and then ported to Pc! and is it coming to consoles as well or no? Fomg!
Big_Al
(02-20-2014, 12:05 AM)
I would play that and enjoy the shit out of it. Hopefully it's going dirt cheap on the key trading sites on PC.
Diablohead
(02-20-2014, 12:06 AM)
wow, game caught me out at the 2:30 mark, was not expecting that.
SwiftDeath
(02-20-2014, 12:12 AM)
Playing this blind in Co-Op mode might be the most beautiful thing I've seen in quite some time

Glorious
Nimajneb
(02-20-2014, 12:15 AM)
This actually makes perfect sense. The only was the further streamline modern shooter design was to remove walking all together. The next generation of AAA shooters starts here.
Big_Al
(02-20-2014, 12:19 AM)
I'm not gonna lie, I think it looks perfectly fine and fun for a cheapo budget game/lightgun shooter. Should be a blast using the mouse for it.
Eurocult
(02-20-2014, 12:21 AM)
haha this looks awesome
CamHostage
(02-20-2014, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Oersted

The hell? The game is published by Reef Entertainment (European producer for a bunch of Rebellion's old stuff, like Snipe Elite and Rogue Trooper) and the developer is Teyon in Krakow, a team that has 30-some games under its belt (no big ones, and almost all are European releases, but you could find one or two of its titles on a store shelf.)

Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon

Minus the faces, the game visually doesn't look that bad. The gameplay now...haha!

To be fair, the video fairly well fucks everything up about it that could possibly be enjoyable. These players don't know what they're doing (even halfway into the clip and after checking the controls, they still can't figure it out even though it's a bone-stupid lightgun game,) they didn't know coming into it that it's a lightgun game and cannot BELIEVE that it is what it is, and they spend most of the video complaining that they don't know how to play the game and thus that's the game's fault. Also, they play 2P co-op, which is an option in the game but doesn't really seem like it plays to the game's strengths in any way, be they what they may be. Not that I expect "reverent preparation" from guys playing a game just for shits and giggles (this game is for sure mediocre at the very best) but it can't be that hard to figure out a lightgun game's gameplay in 17 minutes of gameplay, right?

Originally Posted by Paratek

I feel bad for the developer. This is probably a big license for them. But this game looks awful

I wouldn't feel too bad for the developer, they knew what they were doing and they must know what to expect from the audience because they've done it before, several times. Rambo runs on the engine that powered the Heavy Fire games, which are these sharp-looking, super-dumb on-rails shooters that started on the Wii (where lightgun play had a short rebirth due to the WiiMote... no Time Crisis on the platform though?) and branched out to 360/PS3 (also there are some portable versions of it.) These are semi-retarded TC clones that look surprisingly nice and have massive gibs and sell to bored people who like to pull triggers and already own all the Call of Duties.

Here's a clip of the most recent one, Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNAGO3363qw

As much as the franchise owners and licensees would love to pretend that Rambo is a AAA franchise worthy of being made as a big Metal Gear or Crysis type game as some have suggested, the franchise isn't that anymore, and the backers are hardly ready to help try to make it so again. So instead, they whipped together something based on a proven hit using an engine that'd look nice in screenshots and trailers, and they're ready to take what they get.
Last edited by CamHostage; 02-20-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Cato the Censor
(02-20-2014, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by atr0cious

Only one player character for co-op is so thematically perfect. You're two men trained to trust each others lives. If you don't move as one unit, everyone dies. Can't wait to pick this up on PS plus.

God, i hope you are joking. Using the term "thematically perfect" here is just...

Anyway, I'd rather play this instead:

At least the soldiers don't look like pod people.
EL CUCO
(02-20-2014, 12:39 AM)
Not the Rambo that we deserve but the Rambo we needed.