• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Exentryk
(02-23-2014, 09:54 AM)
If Katy Townsend's resume is to be believed, she will be covering "various" voice roles for Final Fantasy XV. She has been credited for Lightning Returns English voice work as well. Chris Borders is listed as the Voice Casting Director, who was one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

Think it's a major role? Black Haired girl?

Her Website - http://katytownsend.net/about/
Demo Reel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFUIV-Licg

Last October (2013), the first English Voice Actor (Jay Preston) was revealed.

EDIT -

Originally Posted by qualitydisc

Imdb now lists Olivia Hack and Greg Berg as English voices too. Greg Berg has been listed for weeks, so he's #2, not Katy. Roles for Greg Berg as listed as "Gregory, Elegant Gentleman, Impudent Tourist". (A couple sites list him as a voice actor for Lighting Returns so I don't know what the source of the confusion is for him.)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960140/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

There is a named NPC named Gregory in Lightning Returns. I guess we can scratch him off the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGraEBvZ5Hw

Last edited by Exentryk; 02-23-2014 at 10:51 AM.
boutdown
(02-23-2014, 09:55 AM)
Just that section of the girl's face > XIII's character designs
Zukuu
(02-23-2014, 09:56 AM)
after hearing the japanese voices for the past 7 years, I can't ever possibly play this game in english.
Big Jeffrey
(02-23-2014, 09:57 AM)
i hope the english vo is actually good this time.
DarkLordMalik
(02-23-2014, 09:57 AM)
Somehow i can't shake this feeling that FF XV will be getting a simultaneous release worldwide, just like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.
fertygo
(02-23-2014, 09:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Zukuu

after hearing the japanese voices for the past 7 years, I can't ever possibly play this game in english.

Good thing that Senix has promoting japanese dub DLC lately.
RyoonZ
(02-23-2014, 09:59 AM)

Originally Posted by DarkLordMalik

Somehow i can't shake this feeling that FF XV will be getting a simultaneous release worldwide, just like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

It better be! Or just delay the Japanese version until they can release it same time as localized version!
The Silver
(02-23-2014, 10:01 AM)
Chris Borders one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

sounds like we're off to a bad start
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 10:01 AM)
Imdb now lists Olivia Hack and Greg Berg as English voices too. Greg Berg has been listed for weeks, so he's #2, not Katy. Roles for Greg Berg as listed as "Gregory, Elegant Gentleman, Impudent Tourist". (A couple sites list him as a voice actor for Lighting Returns so I don't know what the source of the confusion is for him.)
It would be great if Detective Gaf could confirm or deny if he is a voice actor in Lighting Returns. I was not able to do so definitively using Google a few weeks ago.

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrystallis.com) but got ignored.. i'm a junior, otherwise I would have made a thread about it then.
Last edited by qualitydisc; 02-23-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Exentryk
(02-23-2014, 10:04 AM)

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrstallis.com) but got ignored..

Nice find.

EDIT - Gregory, someone prominent? OR just a named NPC? Hmmm...
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing
(02-23-2014, 10:04 AM)

I don't think that'll happen.

Even if it could, in Japan they'll probably ship in December, which is horrible retail timing in the West, even November would be bad for XV, there are too many default yearly purchases. It should be Feb/March.
Zukuu
(02-23-2014, 10:08 AM)

Originally Posted by fertygo

Good thing that Senix has promoting japanese dub DLC lately.

I really hope this becomes a popular business strategy. I actually made a thread about wanting DUB DLC some time ago. I'd even pay for it.
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 10:10 AM)
I should also point out that there is different voice actor named Gregg Berger who has appeared in many FF games, most notably as Jecht in FFX.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Berger
it's a possible point of confusion
UberTag
(02-23-2014, 10:13 AM)

Originally Posted by The Silver

Chris Borders one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

I wouldn't read too much into that as being a negative given his other casting/direction credits.
There's some perfectly fine non-Toriyama scripts there. And FFXV isn't a Toriyama script, either.

At least the fact that the localization process is already under way makes a 2015 release more likely.
MrDenny
Slow Roll
(02-23-2014, 10:14 AM)
Gotta get ready for that e3 trailer.
SpecDotSign
(02-23-2014, 10:15 AM)

Originally Posted by boutdown

Ha! True dat.
addik
(02-23-2014, 10:15 AM)
Damn, I wished they would bring back the director from FF12.. It was Alexander O. Smith right? That game's dub was classy.

When I heard Katy do the English accent, I actually got excited because they might actually play around with accents this time (with each region having their own accents), but I'll wait to hear the results of their dubbing.
Shining Sunshine
Banned
(02-23-2014, 10:16 AM)
All lies to throw off your trail.

Troy Baker is obviously voicing everyone in FFXV, even the Chocobos.
Kagari
Super Mode
(02-23-2014, 10:16 AM)

It would be great if Detective Gaf could confirm or deny if he is a voice actor in Lighting Returns. I was not able to do so definitively using Google a few weeks ago.

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrystallis.com) but got ignored.. i'm a junior, otherwise I would have made a thread about it then.

IMDB isn't exactly trustworthy at times, so that's why I didn't post it. Also game is still two years off so it's hard to say what they're doing.
Psycho_Mantis
(02-23-2014, 10:17 AM)
Best FF15 girl!
kurahador
(02-23-2014, 10:19 AM)
It's happening!!
Exentryk
(02-23-2014, 10:20 AM)
Regis Lucis Caelum CXII (112!?)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0411384/
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
*randomly E-mails Chris Borders*
nOoblet16

Originally Posted by Big Jeffrey

i hope the english vo is actually good this time.

The voice acting itself is good, the actors are all prolific actors in XIII. But the script and dialogue is to be blamed for everything.
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 10:21 AM)
By the way, Chris Plinkston was listed earlier as a sound engineer on the IMDB website, but his name is now removed. He is possibly involved with the localization. Here's the website for his company.
http://www.popsound.com/talent_pinkston.html
They have quite a lot of game credits.
Last edited by qualitydisc; 02-23-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Famassu
(02-23-2014, 10:28 AM)

According to IMDB, he's also done the likes of Mass Effect, Bioshock Infinite etc. Those didn't have the worst voice acting. I think it depends on other people as well and what kind of characters there are in the game in the first place. I don't think you can even HAVE a good voice actor for a character like Vanille, but Snow, Sahz, Fang, Hope etc. don't exactly have bad voice actors, they are all actually really good. It's the silly dialogue & otherwise bad direction of cutscenes that's the problem. They don't really give the voice actors the best basis for VA in the first place.
Kagari
Super Mode
(02-23-2014, 10:28 AM)
If you check that LR VA list in the OP... all of these people listed on IMDB are in that list.
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 10:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

If you check that LR VA list in the OP... all of these people listed on IMDB are in that list.

tsk. Foiled again!! If it wasn't for you kids and your meddling research.

There is a named NPC named Gregory in Lightning Returns. I guess we can scratch him off the list.
Kagari
Super Mode
(02-23-2014, 10:34 AM)

tsk. Foiled again!! If it wasn't for you kids and your meddling research.

Yeah... that's why I get really hesitant about IMDB 'leaks' because users can submit that stuff.
TaiKH92
(02-23-2014, 10:38 AM)
The way that black-haired girl gazes at me is so intense...
Acquiescence

Originally Posted by Zukuu

Yep, fingers crossed for that Japanese voice-track DLC.
Exentryk
Next trailer better have some English voices.
Kagari
Super Mode
(02-23-2014, 10:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Exentryk

Next trailer better have some English voices.

SE's English VA direction as of late doesn't give me confidence. Even FF14 with its superb writing has horrendous VA direction. Such a shame...
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 10:40 AM)
I don't care if the next trailer has Lithuanian voices. Just give me a trailer, Square.
Death Penalty
(02-23-2014, 10:45 AM)
The Jay Preston leak already gave me strong hope for a simultaneous release. Even if some of these names look pretty fishy, I'm still betting on that pony just based solely on that. If the goddamn Tales games can do it, Final Fantasy sure as hell can.
HeelPower
(02-23-2014, 10:46 AM)

SE's English VA direction as of late doesn't give me confidence. Even FF14 with its superb writing has horrendous VA direction. Such a shame...

why ? I didn't find FF14 VA horrendous at all...I found it very fitting most of the time. o.O
Abriael
(02-23-2014, 10:49 AM)

Square Enix seems to be leaning towards that lately, FFXIV was simultaneous as well, and there's a TON of localization involved with it. Probably more than for single player JRPGs.
DarkLordMalik
(02-23-2014, 10:58 AM)

IMDB isn't exactly trustworthy at times, so that's why I didn't post it. Also game is still two years off so it's hard to say what they're doing.

2 years off, what? =/

How do you come to this conclusion? I really hope it is not the case.
Aureon
(02-23-2014, 11:01 AM)

2 years off, what? =/

by sheer optimism, i reckon.
Loke13
(02-23-2014, 11:02 AM)

2 years off, what? =/

I don't see this game releasing earlier than 2015 at best so 2016 seems pretty likely.
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 11:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Abriael

FFXIV was simultaneous as well, and there's a TON of localization involved with it.

They didn't even localize XIV 1.0 to Japanese properly from their outsourced Chinese developers. Horsebird.
Dark_castle
(02-23-2014, 11:06 AM)

I really hope so. *cross finger*

Not necessarily. He worked on Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1, 2, Baldur's Gate 1,2, Bioshock: Infinite, Lost Odyssey, Jade Empire, The Bard's Tale and so on.

The problem with LR is that the script is so bad you need miracles to make them sound good.
Last edited by Dark_castle; 02-23-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Nerokis
(02-23-2014, 11:07 AM)

2 years off, what? =/

I assume she's rounding down.
Famassu
(02-23-2014, 11:08 AM)

2 years off, what? =/

Meh, Kagari has just become jaded in regards to Square Enix. FFXV will be out in 2015, more likely in the first half than second one, considering that FFXV is the top priority for Square Enix right now and how there's really nothing else of note that Square Enix is developing.
Loke13
(02-23-2014, 11:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Famassu

Meh, Kagari has just become jaded in regards to Square Enix. FFXV will be out in 2015, more likely in the first half than second one, considering that FFXV is the top priority for Square Enix right now and how there's really nothing else of note that Square Enix is developing.

Unless you factor in Squares secret project. Lighting Returns Again: Bet You Thought You'd Seen The Last Of Me.
qualitydisc
(02-23-2014, 11:22 AM)
Verendus keeps hinting that FFXV's release is sooner-rather-than-later, most recently in this post from Tuesday. It's not official but I want to believe because I'm asleep in the fantasy.
DarkLordMalik
(02-23-2014, 11:30 AM)

Verendus keeps hinting that FFXV's release is sooner-rather-than-later, most recently in this post from Tuesday. It's not official but I want to believe because I'm asleep in the fantasy.

This isn't an hint at all. It is more of his opinion.
Kagari
Super Mode
(02-23-2014, 11:35 AM)

2 years off, what? =/

http://sqex.info/square-enix-losing-investments/

The report released by Credit Suisse Group on the 21st indicates that they’re saving investment into new titles of the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest RPG series for the 2016 fiscal year and on, in the meantime they’re waiting for a successful online game from the company.

The 2016 fiscal year runs from April 2016 to March 2017 in Japan. Whether the financial investing refers to new, unannounced titles or new titles that are currently in development is unclear.

Crakatak187
F'n LOVES Jonas Brothers
(02-23-2014, 11:44 AM)
So FF remains dead to me until this game comes out for me to determine if it should stay dead to me or not.
Supermanisdead
Wishes he was as cool as MC Miker G & DJ Sven
(02-23-2014, 11:55 AM)

Originally Posted by boutdown

lmao this has gotten out of hand