• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rockman zx
(02-24-2014, 05:31 PM)
For sure this is fake, but here we go.

Ubisoft® Uncloak An All-New Era With Assassin’s Creed® V
Paris, France – 04 Mar 2014

Today, Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed® V, the next major release in the award winning, best-selling franchise. Assassin’s Creed V serves as the introduction to an all new hero, setting and gameplay mechanics as the Assassin’s Creed franchise hits a new era.

Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier. Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014.

In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.

Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon.

Assassin’s Creed V can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/AC5

Limited, Collectors and Special Editions will be available after further information is uncovered in the coming weeks.
For more details and information on Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed V, please visit: assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

©2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

Psykoboy2
(02-24-2014, 05:38 PM)
Someone on Reddit mentioned their Best Buy got in boxes for promotional materials for AC5, but were instructed not to do anything with them until March 3rd, I believe.

Here's a possible FAKE press release.

In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.

Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-24-2014, 05:42 PM)
All right, even though I'm not really convinced, since Ubisoft is a leaky boat and comments on rumors from time to time, we might as well put this in a separate thread and see if we can fish up a response.
Quentyn
(02-24-2014, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Psykoboy2

Someone on Reddit mentioned their Best Buy got in boxes for promotional materials for AC5, but were instructed not to do anything with them until March 3rd, I believe.

Here's a possible FAKE press release.

Don't know about the press release, but the Best Buy part is somewhat believable. Promotional material for AC IV leaked around the same time last year.
SuicidalSteve
(02-24-2014, 05:43 PM)
lAssassins Creed guV edition
BronsonLee
(02-24-2014, 05:44 PM)
Isn't this kind of thing how we found out about 3s reveal?
HeySeuss
But the industry my friends....that was a revolution!

Nibb High football rules!!!
Spring-Loaded
Could this be the gotham by gaslight game we never got
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by BronsonLee

Isn't this kind of thing how we found out about 3s reveal?

The timing is right, but the writing style isn't quite on target.

It doesn't read like a real Ubisoft press release.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AnvilX? But AnvilNext was built with next-gen in mind.
GoaThief
I'd really like an industrial revolution Assassins Creed.

Hope it turns out to be true.
Kintaro
Worships the porcelain goddess
(02-24-2014, 05:45 PM)
Hmmm, can't say I'm interested. =/
OneUh8
Wow this sounds really cool. Floored that it is only being developed for next gen.
Tadale
I'm definitely down. I half expect(ed) it to be pirates part 2, considering the success and no doubt hard work that went into building that game.
Impeccable
Honestly, March is when I was expecting a reveal so it makes sense.
jiminycracken
Banned

players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion

I was under the assumption that most AC games were roughly true to history with smaller fictional story elements grafted ontop of that. This doesn't jive with what I thought AC was.

Edit: Weren't there supposed to be two this year, one for last gen and one for current gen?
Heavy
Nice if true. Inventions of the Industrial Revolution for those curious: http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/i...tion-1800-1920
EhoaVash
(02-24-2014, 05:46 PM)
hmm I still haven't beaten AC4, boo if it's industrial ..i want Egypt or Japan :(
xtrasauce
Getting ever closer to the Assassin's Creed game set in the future.
Lactose_Intolerant
They want in on some of that The Order action
Syphon Filter
dam already a sequel?
SkullplateMurray
Honestly doubt it'll be next-gen only. Current consoles still have to wide a userbase to ignore (not Wii U though).
RadioActiveLobster
If true, is Next-Gen only.

No mention of PS3/360/WiiU(ha!)
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge

Originally Posted by xtrasauce

Getting ever closer to the Assassin's Creed game set in the future.

You mean watch dogs?
Barzul
(02-24-2014, 05:47 PM)
I would like this setting.
kmax
Sounds fake to me, but you never really know until you do.
KillerDark
Regardless of the setting I really hope this is true because AC desperately needs to do this:

"Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon."
Doublesith
Sounds good. Anything but boring, cliched feudal Japan is OK with me.
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
This would be too great. So I'm guessing fake.
BronsonLee

Originally Posted by Nirolak

The timing is right, but the writing style isn't quite on target.

It doesn't read like a real Ubisoft press release.

Yeah, you're right on that one. Probably piggybacking off the Best Buy stuff.
Psykoboy2
(02-24-2014, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Quentyn

Don't know about the press release, but the Best Buy part is somewhat believable. Promotional material for AC IV leaked around the same time last year.

Oh it's ALL somewhat believable but I really try hard to stress the "take it all with a grain of salt" mentality when it comes to the rumors of things.

I say this as a person who gets his hopes up easily - especially with a Victorian London setting.
Valkrai
That sounds pretty cool, hope this is true.

inb4 it's Watch Dogs.
PachinkoChampBruh
industrial revolution, cmon bruh.

places like mongolia, egypt or bust.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(02-24-2014, 05:49 PM)
Thank God it's not Japan.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
All right, after comparing this to real Ubisoft press releases for a while, this is really inconsistent in use of registered marks and phraseology. I'll leave this locked up thread so people searching can find why we decided to not run with this.
Little Old Man
Weird, I've heard Industrial revolution too, but that the character's name is Gus, and before he becomes an Assassin, he is a lovable chimney-sweep. The character is meant to be as clean as a whistle, sharp as a thistle, best in all Westminster.