• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone have any familiarity with the tshirt quality on the site?

I want to order the Vinco shirt with my renewed subscrip discount, but I need to know if I should order a Large or XL. I've got a larger top torso than bottom so if the XL is a true XL it'll look a bit too big on me, but if the Large is too tiny, no bueno.

Ordering shirts online is shitty, but I want one. Nothing shall stand in my way!

Kerned

Banned

I want to order the Vinco shirt with my renewed subscrip discount, but I need to know if I should order a Large or XL. I've got a larger top torso than bottom so if the XL is a true XL it'll look a bit too big on me, but if the Large is too tiny, no bueno.

Ordering shirts online is shitty, but I want one. Nothing shall stand in my way!

I have a couple, I think they are pretty nice. I don't remember what brand they are (and I'm not home to check), but they are comfortable, fit well and have held up just fine.

PAX really screws up everything.

3 hours of original content up on the site since Thursday last week - all podcasts material. Slowly approaching a week without the any video content (Talking over video game stuff). Slowly approaching 2 weeks without any subscriber content Looking back 2 pieces of subscriber content uploaded in April - with half a month gone

Dont mean to be negative, but I was expecting a Trials Quick Look to go up at the top of the hour - so maybe I am just mad about that :/

I only have one shirt, but I think it's pretty good. If anything I think they run a little big. I got a 2X thinking they would run small and wish I just got an XL.

I got the Bombduders windjammers shirt for reference. Not sure if some shirts run differently.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have a couple, I think they are pretty nice. I don't remember what brand they are (and I'm not home to check), but they are comfortable, fit well and have held up just fine.

I only have one shirt, but I think it's pretty good. If anything I think they run a little big. I got a 2X thinking they would run small and wish I just got an XL.

I got the Bombduders windjammers shirt for reference. Not sure if some shirts run differently.

OOOH, thanks guys! yea I was wondering if they run a bit big so that's good to hear. I'll order a Large then :)

solarus

3 hours of original content up on the site since Thursday last week - all podcasts material. Slowly approaching a week without the any video content (Talking over video game stuff). Slowly approaching 2 weeks without any subscriber content Looking back 2 pieces of subscriber content uploaded in April - with half a month gone

Dont mean to be negative, but I was expecting a Trials Quick Look to go up at the top of the hour - so maybe I am just mad about that :/
Are they going to put up the pax panel and any other pax content up on the site? Seems silly to waste that content by having it only accessible to people who remember to check the twitch archive. Is there going to be a video of them checking out games and walking around pax in general?

Patryn

Are they going to put up the pax panel and any other pax content up on the site?

Yes, the panel will be going up on the site. It requires additional editing because they were filming with multiple cameras. It will not just be the Twitch archive, so don't expect it to look the same or have the ads.

I seem to recall hints that Patrick's panel was being filmed, so that may or may not appear on the site. Also, as others have said, Vinny has said stuff to hint that at least the audio of his and Rich Gallup's panel was recorded, so we may see that.

However, they were NOT filming the Royal Rumble or the 404 panel, so neither will be posted on the site. It makes sense, as the RR was a Harmonix joint, and the 404 panel was Pat Baer's thing.

Is there going to be a video of them checking out games and walking around pax in general?

Possibly, but I'm guessing not. I saw Vinny and Brad on the show floor checking out Double Fine, and I didn't see Drew or a camera nearby.

Xater

Yup, that's why I hate PAX and it's not like they really produce anything there either. It's cool for the couple of people that are there at PAX but sucks for everyone else.

popo

They use the same sizes as American Apparel apparently - whatever that means.

Yup, that's why I hate PAX and it's not like they really produce anything there either. It's cool for the couple of people that are there at PAX but sucks for everyone else.

I still haven't finished watched the pax panel and now I've got 2 hours of bombcast to listen to as well. Seems like plenty of content for me. How much free time do you guys have damn lol.

I still haven't finished watched the pax panel and now I've got 2 hours of bombcast to listen to as well. Seems like plenty of content for me. How much free time do you guys have damn lol.

If you don't have a job lol

Yeah, I'm satiated with the pace of content. Have people watched the Royal Rumble panel? It's almost as great as the main Giant Bomb panel.

I do agree that a walkaround on the floor and impressions video would be appreciated :D

FStop7

Banned
I listen to GB content more than I watch it. If something crazy happens on UPF I'll rewind and watch but otherwise it's more background noise while I do other stuff. Since they were out for PAX I started listening to Jeff's Mixlr streams, which are basically freeform podcasts. So if you're starved for GB content there's a lot of stuff to be had there.

The PAX panel is some of the best content GB has ever done. Give me that over another dull Unprofessional Fridays where they play boring games and look bored.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This may have been the best QA panel theyve had. A couple of dumb questions but overall it wasn't nearly as cringeworthy as previous ones.

I thought this years QA was one of the worst. Normally I don't think it's that bad but I just felt like nearly none of the questions were worthwhile at all.

Xater

Watched the PAX panel on Sunday and listened to the podcast while in the gym. Pretty easy to keep up with so little stuff.

Also cut the PAX panel short by skipping the Q&A stuff.

Mesoian

Watched the PAX panel on Sunday and listened to the podcast while in the gym. Pretty easy to keep up with so little stuff.

Also cut the PAX panel short by skipping the Q&A stuff.

You should watch the Q&A stuff. This year's was the best it's ever been.

I thought this years QA was one of the worst. Normally I don't think it's that bad but I just felt like nearly none of the questions were worthwhile at all.

For me, it's less the worthwhile questions and more that the questions weren't so terrible as to cause me to question my faith in humanity.

BiggNife

On the flip side, I'm really enjoying the QA from the NYU talk

Yeah, I thought the NYU Q&A was actually pretty good and most of the people asked good questions. I guess that's probably because the crowd consisted mostly of students interested in the future of the games industry and not just people who desperately want the GB crew to be their BFFs like at the PAX panels.

Also I may or may not have asked one of the questions

I really appreciated the guy who came out to talk about how Giant Bomb affected him personally in bad times. Thought it was gonna be a quite inappropriate question when he mentioned Ryan and Patrick's dad, but it all connected and as always Patrick had a great response. Made me realise there's an emotional connection in most of us fans to the site because it's so tied to their personalities and lives compared to any other videogame website where they keep their personal stuff far away from work.

Mully

Yeah, I thought the NYU Q&A was actually pretty good and most of the people asked good questions. I guess that's probably because the crowd consisted mostly of students interested in the future of the games industry and not just people who desperately want the GB crew to be their BFFs like at the PAX panels.

Also I may or may not have asked one of the questions

It's been a great and fascinating QA so far. The moderator (I forgot his name) does a good job of following up Jeff's responses to the audience's questions. Jeff has given a lot of great insight into his thoughts about the site moving forward and his thoughts about reviewing Harmonix and Double Fine's games.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I really appreciated the guy who came out to talk about how Giant Bomb affected him personally in bad times. Thought it was gonna be a quite inappropriate question when he mentioned Ryan and Patrick's dad, but it all connected and as always Patrick had a great response. Made me realise there's an emotional connection in most of us fans to the site because it's so tied to their personalities and lives compared to any other videogame website where they keep their personal stuff far away from work.

It felt like less a question and more a reason to just say that they had touched him though.

His question, if I'm remembering correctly, was "Have you ever been helped through hard times by something like this?" which is sort of a pretty empty question unless you expect them to respond very personally.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to share his appreciation for them because they helped him through rough times, but this didn't really seem the most appropriate avenue to do that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
iTXzdY5v9QCvV.gif

They run a little small IMO. They're probably a size smaller than Woot shirts or 6 Dollar Shirts, so if you have any of those, you probably know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom